bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 4th Jun 2013, 13:18   #1
Meanmotion
bleh

Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.
Corsair and Intel's Computex OC Main Event

At Computex 2013 Corsair and Intel hosted an LN2 overclocking OC event with a difference.
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/201...c-main-event/1
Meanmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jun 2013, 13:42   #2
The_Crapman
MD of M.Z.A. Inc and Weasel Pimp

The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.
What's with the blowtorch? Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of using ln2???

How to Get a FREE (sort of) Hard Drive and Other Small Parts
The_Crapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jun 2013, 13:49   #3
Gurdeep14
Supermodder

Gurdeep14 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Gurdeep14 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Gurdeep14 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Gurdeep14 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Gurdeep14 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Gurdeep14 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Gurdeep14 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Gurdeep14 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Gurdeep14 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Gurdeep14 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Gurdeep14 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I think they use it to keep the cpu from cooling down too much and therefore failing to boot? But I'm not 100% sure.
A GTX Titan with 5 8 pin PCI-E connections? seriously?
Intel Core i7 920 D0 @ 4Ghz HT | EVGA 780 Classified Hydro Copper 3GB | ASUS Rampage Extreme II | 12GB Corsair Dominator CM3X2G1600C8D | Enermax Revolution 1250W | ASUS Xonar D2X | 250GB Samsung Evo | 256GB Samsung 830 |2 Samsung F3 1TB | Silverstone TJ-07 |
Gurdeep14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jun 2013, 14:41   #4
Grimloon
Usually bugnuts

Grimloon can run CrysisGrimloon can run CrysisGrimloon can run CrysisGrimloon can run CrysisGrimloon can run CrysisGrimloon can run CrysisGrimloon can run CrysisGrimloon can run CrysisGrimloon can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by article
while the highest CPU frequency of the day of 6,984GHz earned Lin222 and Mad222 a share of $3000
I promise I'm not nitpicking here, I just had to pick my jaw up off the desk after reading that figure. Are you sure you didn't mean MHz rather than GHz as otherwise that's the best part of a 200,000% overclock!
Grimloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jun 2013, 14:52   #5
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Crapman View Post
What's with the blowtorch? Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of using ln2???
Blow torch is to (quickly) counter cold-bugging to heat up the CPU block.

5x PCIe power connectors: Yup. Andre says it will pull over 1.5KW on its own, hence the need for 2x 1200W PSUs.

Last edited by Bindibadgi; 4th Jun 2013 at 15:27.
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jun 2013, 14:56   #6
Parge
ITX FTW

Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimloon
Quote:
Originally Posted by article
while the highest CPU frequency of the day of 6,984GHz earned Lin222 and Mad222 a share of $3000
I promise I'm not nitpicking here, I just had to pick my jaw up off the desk after reading that figure. Are you sure you didn't mean MHz rather than GHz as otherwise that's the best part of a 200,000% overclock!
Think that comma should be a point - you are definitely nit picking.

Parvum ITX - 3570k - GTX 770 - Asus P8Z77-I ITX - 8GB Tactical Tracer - 256GB SSD - 480GB SSD - H80
Parge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jun 2013, 14:58   #7
GeorgeStorm
Aggressive PC Builder

GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Crapman View Post
Normally you'll get two potential issues with temperature. (ignoring stuff like condensation etc)

Cold bug and cold boot bug.

Cold bug is where the chip/board will just not work below a certain temperature, simple as.

Cold boot bug is where the chip/board won't boot below a certain temperature, simple as.

Obviously if you're unlucky and there's a big difference between the CB and CBB, (say the CB is -180 and the CBB is -100) it means that if it does crash you need to heat up the pot quite a bit before you can carry on benching, a blow torch is a good way to speed that process up
Old 4th Jun 2013, 18:13   #8
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindibadgi View Post
5x PCIe power connectors: Yup. Andre says it will pull over 1.5KW on its own, hence the need for 2x 1200W PSUs.

Awesome trophies & prizes too for the madderclockers.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jun 2013, 18:25   #9
Meanmotion
bleh

Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.
Corrected the frequency typo. Cheers guys.
Meanmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jun 2013, 11:49   #10
rollo
I Mod, Therefore I Own

rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.
1.5kw for 1 gpu on its own wowzers lol.
rollo is offline   Reply With Quote