bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 11th Jun 2013, 05:05   #1
Meanmotion
bleh

Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.
Sony confirms PS4 will support secondhand games

Games won't need online activation and discs can be sold or lent freely.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...secondhand-g/1
Meanmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jun 2013, 09:10   #2
Pliqu3011
Zero Hoots Given

Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.
I think Sony was actually planning to include their own DRM, but were clever enough to watch what Microsoft did, saw the huge backlash, and decided not to.
Old 11th Jun 2013, 10:46   #3
BlackMage23
RPG Loving Freak

BlackMage23 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I have to agree with you there. Sony did have some patents that suggested that they would stop used games, but at least they are smart enough to listen to their customers.

I think Microsoft are gonna have to do a massive U turn on this or people are just gonna go for PS4.
People will buy the Xbox, but I can't see it outselling the PS4 at this point in time.
Old 11th Jun 2013, 11:23   #4
runadumb
Supermodder

runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Sony were very smart here. We are nearing a digital only future so in time this problem will solve itself. Why muddy the waters now?
runadumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jun 2013, 11:43   #5
sandys
Mod Master

sandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for president
I like there used game instructional video for PS4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=kWSIFh8ICaA
sandys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jun 2013, 12:11   #6
rollo
I Mod, Therefore I Own

rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.
I do love there video lol.
rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jun 2013, 12:45   #7
Snips
I can do dat, giz a job

Snips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming Saiyan
How do I get games on Vita again? and Fony aren't going to do the same thing on PSBore? Really? Good luck with that one.
Snips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jun 2013, 13:52   #8
the-beast
Modder

the-beast has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wonder what the likelihood of Steam removing all DRM and allowing used game sales?
the-beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jun 2013, 14:01   #9
lacuna
Supermodder

lacuna has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snips
How do I get games on Vita again? and Fony aren't going to do the same thing on PSBore? Really? Good luck with that one.
Not quite sure what you are getting at here. At least 90% of my PS3 games are downloaded from playstation network now and that works perfectly.
lacuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jun 2013, 14:07   #10
Pliqu3011
Zero Hoots Given

Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the-beast View Post
Wonder what the likelihood of Steam removing all DRM and allowing used game sales?
Remove all DRM? I think that's not going to happen.
But once the EU gets behind it, I think it is likely that at some point Steam will have to allow second-hand game sales.
Old 11th Jun 2013, 14:57   #11
sandys
Mod Master

sandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacuna View Post
Not quite sure what you are getting at here. At least 90% of my PS3 games are downloaded from playstation network now and that works perfectly.
I'm still confused as mine came from amazon?
sandys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jun 2013, 16:21   #12
leexgx
CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

leexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
unless its an EA game as most EA games have a one time use code for net play if you share it you need to part with I think £10 to get a new key as its tied to the ps3 account
i7-920 (4Ghz) <> Titian ferna <> Rampage extreme III<> GTX480 <> 6gb 3x2gb OCZ Gold 1600 <> SSD M225 256gb / segate .11 1.5TB <> X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty <> TK 1000w Toughpower <win7 x64> GreenFrog Computers Warrington
leexgx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jun 2013, 16:24   #13
RedFlames
is not KidMod

RedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by leexgx View Post
unless its an EA game as most EA games have a one time use code for net play if you share it you need to part with I think £10 to get a new key as its tied to the ps3 account
EA are dropping the online pass from their new games... but it doesn't stop other companies doing it...

RedFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jun 2013, 17:12   #14
exceededgoku
Modder

exceededgoku has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Did noone else notice the bit about "REGION-FREE", that's the biggest news in this article. Means we can finally get all those Japanese games that they hoard like oil from us!
exceededgoku is offline   Reply With Quote