bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Gaming

Old 13th Jun 2013, 20:39   #1
Stanley Tweedle
Ultramodder

Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Planetary Anni £67 on steam

People are taking the piss out of the pricing over on Steam/Facebook.

I can understand why. I'm sure there are pepes here who will pay it but I dung gonna pay £67 for alpha early access.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/233250/

The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

Stanley Tweedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jun 2013, 20:44   #2
fix-the-spade
Ultramodder

fix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyan
It's the same price as the early access Kickstarter contribution, makes sense to me as they're substituting Kickstarter's cut for Valve's.

Having said that, thick end of seventy quid? No thanks.
fix-the-spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jun 2013, 20:51   #3
Parge
ITX FTW

Parge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Yeah, its for early access. Don't like it? Wait til the games finished. Then you get finished game for £30.

Derp

Parvum ITX - 3570k - GTX 970 - Asus P8Z77-I - 8GB 1866 - 256GB SSD - 480GB SSD - H80 - 450W SFX

29" Ultrawide, Oculus Rift & X52 Pro
Parge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jun 2013, 21:05   #4
Stanley Tweedle
Ultramodder

Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Can someone explain it to me then?

The game received way over target for kickstarter...

$2,229,344
pledged of $900,000 goal

900,000 goal... 2,2 million pledged... So why do they need to charge £67 for alpha access followed by more money for beta?

I must be stupid... I'm sure I am... cos I dung know how $900,000 original target has suddenly increased to 2.2 million not being enough?

Old 13th Jun 2013, 21:12   #5
Parge
ITX FTW

Parge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Because, its hardly fair that all the wonderful people that donated $90 to get alpha access and fund the game when it was just a pipe dream then get undercut by some random person who jumps in when the game is nearly done.

Alpha access gives you the chance to shape the way the game is being made. If you want the full game then its $40 and you can preorder it from the Uber website.

Parvum ITX - 3570k - GTX 970 - Asus P8Z77-I - 8GB 1866 - 256GB SSD - 480GB SSD - H80 - 450W SFX

Old 13th Jun 2013, 21:15   #6
Jedra
Supermodel

Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Tweedle View Post
Can someone explain it to me then?

I imagine that (other than getting more cash) they do not want to antagonise the KS folk who forked out for early access. I think it would be bad publicity if it were suddenly available for a knock down price.

ASUS P6X58D-E - Intel Core i7 930 - Thermaltake FRIO - 12GB Corsair (6x2G CMD12GX3M6A1600C8) - Corsair AX1200 - 2GB Sapphire Radeon HD5970 OC - 256Gb Crucial SSD - X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Silverstone Fortress FT02R-W
Steam Profile ---------- XBL:Jedra ---------- PSN:Jedra ---------- BF3:Jedra7609 & Jedra
Jedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jun 2013, 21:29   #7
Stanley Tweedle
Ultramodder

OK. Well I guess if people want to shape the game and try it early... they can buy it. I loved the original. Used to play it back in 2001 or that time region with a friend on his 2 computer LAN.

Never liked Sup comm quite as much.

Old 13th Jun 2013, 21:47   #8
Jedra
Supermodel

Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Personally it would not bother me if they offered up early access more cheaply than I got it on KS. I backed the project so it would get made and I would support any move that helped them make the game better. The needs of the many and all that!

Some people however would be upset as demonstrated by some on the Godus project when it was suggested over there. Toys needed to be re-united with their prams!

ASUS P6X58D-E - Intel Core i7 930 - Thermaltake FRIO - 12GB Corsair (6x2G CMD12GX3M6A1600C8) - Corsair AX1200 - 2GB Sapphire Radeon HD5970 OC - 256Gb Crucial SSD - X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Silverstone Fortress FT02R-W
Steam Profile ---------- XBL:Jedra ---------- PSN:Jedra ---------- BF3:Jedra7609 & Jedra
Old 13th Jun 2013, 22:10   #9
Stanley Tweedle
Ultramodder

Almost every comment on the steam facebook about this pricing is hostile though. I can understand people make a choice to fund the game and ultimately I guess this is more of the same. I think people expect games to be within a normal price range on steam especially.

I remember an iPad app the app maker claimed was the most revolutionary drum synth ever and wanted something like £200 for it. Everyone laughed at them and I guess it dint go as they hoped. The app was £30 last time I looked and I doubt many will pay that price even.

Old 13th Jun 2013, 22:17   #10
Jester_612
"Jammy..."

Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.
Alpha is a privilege not a right, and this game doesn't need some casuals coming in at this stage bad mouthing it. The price will come done as release approaches.
Old 13th Jun 2013, 22:25   #11
Cei
pew pew pew

Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.
I would be annoyed if the Steam Alpha was "cheap", because my KS pledge is at Beta level for a still not insignificant amount of money. If somebody could come along, pay less, and get access before me I wouldn't be happy.

EDIT; Wow, the Steam forums are full of massively self entitled idiots. Apparently if you don't release at £17.99 or less for Alpha + full release you're a "?!#%&^! idiot". Then, because somebody upset their little dream plan of paying piss all for a game, they refuse to buy it ever.
Cei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jun 2013, 22:26   #12
Joey Propane
Supermodder

Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parge View Post
Alpha access gives you the chance to shape the way the game is being made.
Wishful thinking there. I can't name a single game that's ever changed significantly from alpha to release. By time a game goes alpha it's only stuff like balancing, bug fixes, UI and net code that's going to see change.

And no. I'm not paying £70 for any game. No matter how good it is or how early I can get it.
Joey Propane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jun 2013, 22:28   #13
GeorgeStorm
Aggressive PC Builder

GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.
Not sure what the problem is here, you don't have to pay it.
They're keeping the pricing in line with the Kickstarter pricing, doing anything other than that would be a bigger cause for concern in my opinion.
Old 13th Jun 2013, 22:48   #14
smc8788
potato

smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Propane View Post
Wishful thinking there. I can't name a single game that's ever changed significantly from alpha to release. By time a game goes alpha it's only stuff like balancing, bug fixes, UI and net code that's going to see change.

And no. I'm not paying £70 for any game. No matter how good it is or how early I can get it.
But how many games have you actually played that are only a few months into development? As far as I know no developer has released a game in such an unifinished state - most release 'alphas' which have several months to a year or more development time on them and are quite clearly well polished already. Not so with this game. Having played the PA alpha it's a buggy mess but it's great to see what they've done already and the progress they're making with regular updates so we can see what direction they're going in. I didn't pay $90 on Kickstarter just to get into the alpha - that wasn't even part of my reasoning. I did it because I'm a massive TA fan so I really wanted to see this game made and I truly believed the team behind it would be able to pull it off. To pay $90 after the fact - when the game has already been funded - just to get into an alpha early is completely ridiculous IMO.

Watch any of Uber's livestreams and you will see they have already implemented ideas put forward by the community in the backer forums and even named an element of the game after one bit-techers' suggestion. So I'm sorry, but your cynicism is completely unfounded on this one.

[Steam] - [Battlelog]

Last edited by smc8788; 13th Jun 2013 at 23:17.
smc8788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jun 2013, 23:14   #15
Stanley Tweedle
Ultramodder

Well... I see this all as part of my training not to keep flying into a rage when things don't comply with my wishes.

One of the things I've learned this week is that I can have conversations with console gamers about forthcoming games and the pros and cons of console versus PC and that it doesn't have to result in a big fur-ball.

A guy over on google+ told me to check out The Division... forthcoming for PS4.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/10/441...COqRWoweLY8NFM

Looks impressive. Stunning visually.

But anyway... I will from this point on remain calm about planetary annihilation. It's bound to happen sooner or later so no point in stressing about it.

Old 13th Jun 2013, 23:32   #16
Parge
ITX FTW

The comments on the Steam Facebook thread make me HATE self entitled brat gamers.

Old 13th Jun 2013, 23:45   #17
loftie
I *am* a Dremel

loftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyan
As much as it's steep, I can understand them charging that much for it due to the KS. It's not as if it really matters, the game hasn't been released, and so long as it's not that expensive after it has been, I don't care. They should have just left it off Steam and stuck with their own store for the time being, putting it on Steam nearer the release date.
Old 13th Jun 2013, 23:48   #18
Jedra
Supermodel

The Steam forums are toxic most of the time - they are even worse since they went to this sparsely moderated 'chat' format. I used to help out as much as I could on the old forums but I don't bother any more.

Old 13th Jun 2013, 23:50   #19
Jester_612
"Jammy..."

Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Looks impressive. Stunning visually.
It doesn't even have any post processing, and day/night fog of war is going to be drastically different.

Quote:
But anyway... I will from this point on remain calm about planetary annihilation. It's bound to happen sooner or later so no point in stressing about it.
So why is it unreasonable for Uber to continue using a price structure that was set out with the introduction of their store when they began preorders?
Old 13th Jun 2013, 23:51   #20
Stanley Tweedle
Ultramodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by loftie View Post
As much as it's steep, I can understand them charging that much for it due to the KS. It's not as if it really matters, the game hasn't been released, and so long as it's not that expensive after it has been, I don't care. They should have just left it off Steam and stuck with their own store for the time being, putting it on Steam nearer the release date.
Yeah, maybe that's it. Leave it off steam for a while until it's closer to ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parge View Post
The comments on the Steam Facebook thread make me HATE self entitled brat gamers.
Calm down! No need for the anger... You will give yourself high blood pressure and pass on your stress to any family pets.

Just try to remember that the world contains a lot of people and some of them don't have access to your information or experiences. Also if there weren't dumb people then how would you know how smart you are?

Does anyone got the steam Arma 3? If so what do they think of it?

Tags
high price, planetary