bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 18th Jun 2013, 11:03   #1
Meanmotion
bleh

Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.
IO Interactive cancels everything that isn't Hitman

Hitman dev IO Interactive is cutting half of its staff and cancelling all of its projects except for Hitman.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...ng-that-isnt/1
Meanmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jun 2013, 11:17   #2
Parge
ITX FTW

Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.
Hitman has got kinda boring. Really they need a totally new IP or at least a totally new take on the Hitman series.

How about Hitman: future ninja.

Its Hitman, set in future Japan, and open world.

Parvum ITX - 3570k - GTX 770 - Asus P8Z77-I ITX - 8GB Tactical Tracer - 256GB SSD - 480GB SSD - H80
Parge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jun 2013, 12:49   #3
altdoom
What's a Dremel?

altdoom has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Freedom Fighters 2? :*(
altdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jun 2013, 12:52   #4
Draksis
Code Monkey

Draksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for president
The last hitman SP game and story was awesome. My issue was with the "multiplayer" section that at best felt forced and shoehorned into the game.

+1 with Parge for new IP - which will never happen now seeing as that's what they exactly saying here.

/2cents
Draksis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jun 2013, 13:53   #5
NetSphere
Multimodder

NetSphere is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.NetSphere is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.NetSphere is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.NetSphere is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.NetSphere is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.NetSphere is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.NetSphere is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.NetSphere is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.NetSphere is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.NetSphere is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.NetSphere is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Considering that Square Enix has had the worst loss in the company's history, 13,714 Million Yen loss (from here: http://www.hd.square-enix.com/eng/ne...q4earnings.pdf) . This is a time when they'll start cutting back on anything that they don't think they have high returns on. So SquEnix has to start coming up with something really good.

Perhaps they are pinning their hopes on Hitman? I have heard that the latest hitman was more 'n00b' friendly whereas the previous ones were pretty hard. What are people's thoughts? Do they prefer standalone assassination missions or linear storylines?

IMO, the standalone assassination missions were what differentiated Hitman from other series. And I particularly like the Sniper Challenge.
Silverstone TJ08E - Ivy Bridge 3570k @ 4.0 GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer i30 - Asus Maximus Gene4 - 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1.5V - 2GB ASUS GTX670 DIRECT CUII TOP - 256GB Samsung 830 Series - 850W Corsair HX850
NetSphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jun 2013, 13:57   #6
bdigital
Is re-building his PC again

bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.
Does this affect sleeping dogs in any way?

Im hoping there will be a sequel because that was a seriously good game.

Check out my Apline White TJ07 - Case Mod and Water cooled build. http://www.flickr.com/photos/6188486...7631486959032/

Last edited by bdigital; 18th Jun 2013 at 22:33.
bdigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jun 2013, 14:41   #7
konstantine
Banned

konstantine should be considered for presidentkonstantine should be considered for presidentkonstantine should be considered for presidentkonstantine should be considered for presidentkonstantine should be considered for presidentkonstantine should be considered for presidentkonstantine should be considered for presidentkonstantine should be considered for presidentkonstantine should be considered for presidentkonstantine should be considered for presidentkonstantine should be considered for president
Hitman has become one of the most destroyed games in the history of gaming. But then again, you have to look at the degeneracy of the dramas and what not the game has embodied in the last few releases. It's been, in the last few releases, a cheap copy of a degenerate Hollywood action movie.

Progression wise, the game hasn't changed much in terms of mechanics. It's about time developers seriously start considering advancing the mechanics in video games, or the so called physics engines nowadays.

The game had gone through the same path of degeneracy as Tomb Raider.
konstantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jun 2013, 15:15   #8
Jaybles
Hypermodder

Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by konstantine
The game had gone through the same path of degeneracy as Tomb Raider.
Have you played the new Tomb Raider?
i7 950 @ 3.8 1.192v|Noctua NH-U12P SE2|Asus P6X58D-E|12 GB DDR3 1600|1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3|Samsung 830 64GB|XFX Double D R7950|Asus Xonar DG|Antec Quattro 850w|Bitfenix Colossus|Dell U2311H|Dell E173FP
Steam|PSN:nythraln
Jaybles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jun 2013, 15:22   #9
Aracos
Elite

Aracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run Crysis
Did anyone actually enjoy the Kane & Lynch games?
Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 3200MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1600MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro | openSUSE
Aracos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jun 2013, 22:48   #10
thom804
Multimodder

thom804 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by altdoom
Freedom Fighters 2? :*(
Where's that 'like' button?!
Asus P67 Sabertooth // Intel 2500k @4.6ghz // 8gb Corsair Vengeance @1600 // XFX 7870 2GB DD edition // 60GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD // 2 x 1TB Samsung F3 HDD // Gelid Tranquillo // Corsair HX 750w PSU // Silverstone FT02B-W
thom804 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jun 2013, 00:57   #11
geoboy333
Sometimes I say something bright...

geoboy333 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelgeoboy333 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parge
Hitman, set in future Japan, and open world.
Hell yes to this. Would be great to see an open world in a game thats main selling point is freedom of choice to complete your objective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aracos
Did anyone actually enjoy the Kane & Lynch games?
Honestly, I only played 2, but I admired the attempt at bringing the handheld camera angle to games.

Everything else about it was pretty s*** though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybles
Have you played the new Tomb Raider?
The new tomb raider lacked the puzzling element (in my opinion) as the all pretty much have since AOD. Maybe I'm missing something but they all felt trivial to me. Underworld especially.

Glad they're focussing all they're efforts on this. Means we might finally get the perfect hitman.
Old 19th Jun 2013, 08:01   #12
Jaybles
Hypermodder

Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoboy333 View Post
The new tomb raider lacked the puzzling element (in my opinion) as the all pretty much have since AOD. Maybe I'm missing something but they all felt trivial to me. Underworld especially.
The new one certainly did lack the puzzles but I think regardless was a very good reboot. It focused less on the tomb raiding and more on Lara's back story, but I think and hope the next one will have more, longer, harder tombs.
i7 950 @ 3.8 1.192v|Noctua NH-U12P SE2|Asus P6X58D-E|12 GB DDR3 1600|1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3|Samsung 830 64GB|XFX Double D R7950|Asus Xonar DG|Antec Quattro 850w|Bitfenix Colossus|Dell U2311H|Dell E173FP
Steam|PSN:nythraln
Jaybles is offline   Reply With Quote