bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 21st Jun 2013, 15:30   #1
Meanmotion
bleh

Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.
Uncertain future for F-Zero

Veteran Nintendo designer Shigeru Miyamoto has warned F-Zero is unlikely to arrive any time soon.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...e-for-f-zero/1
Meanmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jun 2013, 15:32   #2
mi1ez
Game Boy Modder

mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Man, that brings back memories!
Old 21st Jun 2013, 16:04   #3
Phil Rhodes
Hypernobber

Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I once travelled from New York to London on a plane which let you play F-Zero on the inflight entertainment system (Virgin Atlantic as I recall). I got quite good in seven hours.

P
Phil Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jun 2013, 16:16   #4
Phalanx
Needs more dragons and stuff.

Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I loved F-Zero. So good. Had to have some seriously sharp reflexes for that.
Old 21st Jun 2013, 17:51   #5
enciem
Multimodder

enciem has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I had that game on gameboy advance and it was in english. I swear it was on the gameboy, might be dreaming it.
enciem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jun 2013, 18:02   #6
Sloth
#yolo #swag

Sloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming Saiyan
A Nintendo designer admitting that a franchise has nothing new to bring and refraining from making another iteration? He should be fearing for his job right now!
Old 21st Jun 2013, 18:10   #7
Joey Propane
Supermodder

Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
F-Zero GX was one of the best games on the GameCube (one of the best racing games of that generation imo). Awesome speed, brilliantly designed tracks, beautiful graphics, great challenge at top difficulty.

I'm never buying a Wii U, but it's a shame they aren't even considering a sequel, especially considering it's probably the only franchise Nintendo own that DOESN'T need reinventing...
Joey Propane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jun 2013, 18:26   #8
thom804
Multimodder

thom804 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Rhodes
I once travelled from New York to London on a plane which let you play F-Zero on the inflight entertainment system (Virgin Atlantic as I recall). I got quite good in seven hours.

P
Haha! I had exactly the same thing on a flight over to New Zealand. 1997 if I recall.
Asus P67 Sabertooth // Intel 2500k @4.6ghz // 8gb Corsair Vengeance @1600 // XFX 7870 2GB DD edition // 60GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD // 2 x 1TB Samsung F3 HDD // Gelid Tranquillo // Corsair HX 750w PSU // Silverstone FT02B-W
thom804 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jun 2013, 18:41   #9
AlienwareAndy
Banned

AlienwareAndy is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlienwareAndy is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlienwareAndy is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlienwareAndy is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlienwareAndy is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlienwareAndy is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlienwareAndy is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlienwareAndy is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlienwareAndy is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlienwareAndy is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlienwareAndy is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I bought F zero on launch. I remember sitting in my gaming chair (an old rocking chair) leaning like a wally

Fantastic game. The N64 one was quite mind bending too !
AlienwareAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jun 2013, 19:27   #10
DBA
I do my modding with a spoon

DBA has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloth
A Nintendo designer admitting that a franchise has nothing new to bring and refraining from making another iteration? He should be fearing for his job right now!
bwahaha... Miyamoto is more or less Nintendo, I reckon he can say whatever he wants!

It's a shame that the only racing game Nintendo makes these days is Mario Kart, they used to make some of the best racing games in the industry (if you wasn't into simulators).
But it makes sense not to make a new F-ZERO, If you look at the new Mario Kart, you notice that it borrows a lot from F-ZERO with the ability to magnetically hang on to tracks driving upside down, so I just guess that in order to keep Mario Kart new they had to "merge" it with some of the older racing franchises. Again, it's a shame as I hate blue shells and LOVE the music from F-ZERO! It really was one of it's greatest trademarks!
DBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jun 2013, 19:56   #11
Sloth
#yolo #swag

Sloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBA View Post
bwahaha... Miyamoto is more or less Nintendo, I reckon he can say whatever he wants!

It's a shame that the only racing game Nintendo makes these days is Mario Kart, they used to make some of the best racing games in the industry (if you wasn't into simulators).
But it makes sense not to make a new F-ZERO, If you look at the new Mario Kart, you notice that it borrows a lot from F-ZERO with the ability to magnetically hang on to tracks driving upside down, so I just guess that in order to keep Mario Kart new they had to "merge" it with some of the older racing franchises. Again, it's a shame as I hate blue shells and LOVE the music from F-ZERO! It really was one of it's greatest trademarks!
I'm not particularly familiar with any of the names over there, but it's in jest anyway. With most other Nintendo franchises pumping out countless spin-offs and sequels it's refreshing to see one rest in peace when it's not truly ready or needed.
Old 21st Jun 2013, 20:26   #12
chemo
True Jungle Brother

chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Not being needed is quite the statement when you think of the wii u lacking quality games. Theres noy been a bad fzero game that ive played anyway. I imagine theyre working on another mario kart which lost my attention years ago...

I hope the fzero series comes back at some point!
chemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jun 2013, 02:29   #13
ssj12
Hypermodder

ssj12 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
how do you lack direction for a futuristic racer?
ssj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jun 2013, 21:17   #14
billysielu
Multimodder

billysielu has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
f-zero was the best
billysielu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jun 2013, 21:28   #15
mi1ez
Game Boy Modder

mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thom804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Rhodes

P
Haha! I had exactly the same thing on a flight over to New Zealand. 1997 if I recall.
Yep, 1997 to LA, completed Super Mario World quicker than either of my brothers!
Old 22nd Jun 2013, 22:34   #16
cmberry20
Mad Scientist

cmberry20 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
So NOBODY here hasn't noticed that the screenshot isn't from F-Zero on the SNES but actually of BS F-Zero 2 from the SNES Satellaview and was only available in Japan.
cmberry20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jun 2013, 22:34   #17
cmberry20
Mad Scientist

cmberry20 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
{how do you delete double posts}
cmberry20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jun 2013, 10:58   #18
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssj12 View Post
how do you lack direction for a futuristic racer?
This!

Make a HD remake of the old games and stick em on iOS/Droid/Wii U. It's not hard.
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote