bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 24th Jun 2013, 14:30   #1
Meanmotion
bleh

Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.
Corsair Vengeance K70 Review

We take Corsair's latest mechanical keyboard for a spin to see if it's worth its 115 price tag.
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/per...e-k70-review/1
Meanmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jun 2013, 14:43   #2
Shirty
V BURN MY EYES V

Shirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming Saiyan
You know, despite being a stickler for more "standard" looking keyboards, I don't mind this design from Corsair. The exposed switches works pretty well, particularly on this black model.

One thing I think Corsair need to do is to either release a new revision of the K60 with full mechanical keys, or maybe a K65 - but keep it at the lower price point. This will massively increase the company's reputation amongst mechanical keyboard enthusiasts.

However now that the Ducky Shine II has had its price slashed by 30 that puts it in direct competition with this keyboard, and unless you are a stickler for the look of the K70 then I'd still point you in the Ducky's direction. More choices, proven design. But this keyboard (and the K95, for that matter) does look like it's improved on the previous generation of Corsair mechanicals.

** DISCLAIMER - I DO NOT WORK FOR, NOR AM I AFFILIATED WITH DUCKY CHANNEL OR ANY OF ITS SUBSIDIARIES. BUY THE KEYBOARD YOU WANT! **
Old 24th Jun 2013, 14:45   #3
Yslen
Lord of the Twenty-Seventh Circle

Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.
Always nice to read keyboard reviews. Worth pointing out that the bottom row of the K65 and K70 is non-standard (tiny windows keys) so they'll be fairly difficult to replace.

Shame, as the aluminium versions actually look very nice, and there are a decent variety of switch types available this time around.
Asrock Z77e-ITX - Intel i5 3570k - Corsair H50-1 - G.Skill Ripjaws X 2133MHz - Gigabyte HD6870 - Crucial M4 - Samsung HDD - 530W ThermalTake SS PSU - Bitfenix Prodigy - LG IPS231P - NAOS 8200 - Poker II (Reds) - IBM Model M
Take a look at my Photography portfolio, here.
Yslen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jun 2013, 16:13   #4
Kovoet
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Kovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I have this keyboard and honestly it is staying on my desk till it literally falls to pieces. Absolutely love this design
MOBO[ Asus Maximus Formula VI ]CPU[I7 4770K]RAM[Corsair Vengeance PRO Red 2133mhz]SSD's[1TB Samsung EVO, 256GB Samsung, 128GB Mushkin, 128 GT Corsair]GPU[Gainward GTX770 Sli]PSU[Corsair AX1200i Red Cables]SOUND[Creative soundblaster ZX E22 backplate]CASE[Corsair 540] Cooler[Corsair H100i]Screen[Dell U2913WM} Perp[Corsair K70, Logitech GS500S,Belkin razer N52TE,QPAD QH90]
Kovoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jun 2013, 16:38   #5
B1GBUD
A Paragon of Virtue.... Apparently

B1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Hmmmm...... now do I buy this or the Carbide Air 540.....

Decisions,decisions.....
( Kid you dont want either only bud is any good lol )
B1GBUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jun 2013, 16:47   #6
Noob?
Dremel?

Noob? is a Super Spamming SaiyanNoob? is a Super Spamming SaiyanNoob? is a Super Spamming SaiyanNoob? is a Super Spamming SaiyanNoob? is a Super Spamming SaiyanNoob? is a Super Spamming SaiyanNoob? is a Super Spamming SaiyanNoob? is a Super Spamming SaiyanNoob? is a Super Spamming SaiyanNoob? is a Super Spamming SaiyanNoob? is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Very nice review, seems a good board, can't wait for mine to be delivered soon.

Another one that caught my eye is the smaller K65, very intrigued by it and may get that also.
Noob? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jun 2013, 18:04   #7
sixfootsideburns
modeteer

sixfootsideburns has yet to learn the way of the Dremelsixfootsideburns has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Come on Corsair, get off the band wagon and try a board with something besides red lighting. Sheesh... whats so bad about white?
sixfootsideburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jun 2013, 19:23   #8
Hustler
Hypermodder

Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
NO..NO..NO!!!!

Don't you understand, I need you to tell me that this is absolute rubbish, not even remotely worth the money and people should look to far cheaper alternatives to this extravagant waste of money.
Hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jun 2013, 23:57   #9
Fingers66
Kiwi in London

Fingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
The BIOS functionality isn't redundant. The keyboard utilises a 16 bit connection which gives it problems with some USB KVM's. The BIOS switch allows it to run in 8 bit mode for compatibility as well as allowing Corsair to update the BIOS for further KVM compatibility.
NAS 1:[Synology DS211j] NAS 2:[OMV]
Fingers66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jun 2013, 00:01   #10
Kovoet
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Kovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustler View Post
NO..NO..NO!!!!

Don't you understand, I need you to tell me that this is absolute rubbish, not even remotely worth the money and people should look to far cheaper alternatives to this extravagant waste of money.
Even if I tried I couldn't. Never thought I would like a stupid keyboard this much
MOBO[ Asus Maximus Formula VI ]CPU[I7 4770K]RAM[Corsair Vengeance PRO Red 2133mhz]SSD's[1TB Samsung EVO, 256GB Samsung, 128GB Mushkin, 128 GT Corsair]GPU[Gainward GTX770 Sli]PSU[Corsair AX1200i Red Cables]SOUND[Creative soundblaster ZX E22 backplate]CASE[Corsair 540] Cooler[Corsair H100i]Screen[Dell U2913WM} Perp[Corsair K70, Logitech GS500S,Belkin razer N52TE,QPAD QH90]
Kovoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jun 2013, 00:04   #11
bdigital
Is re-building his PC again

bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingers66 View Post
The BIOS functionality isn't redundant. The keyboard utilises a 16 bit connection which gives it problems with some USB KVM's. The BIOS switch allows it to run in 8 bit mode for compatibility as well as allowing Corsair to update the BIOS for further KVM compatibility.
Ohhh that might help me. Running the k60 through my KVM causes some weird audio feedback, I wonder if that's related

Check out my Apline White TJ07 - Case Mod and Water cooled build. http://www.flickr.com/photos/6188486...7631486959032/
bdigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jun 2013, 00:47   #12
Fingers66
Kiwi in London

Fingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdigital View Post
Ohhh that might help me. Running the k60 through my KVM causes some weird audio feedback, I wonder if that's related
Drop me a PM, I am running a K60 through an Aten KVM (but not audio).
NAS 1:[Synology DS211j] NAS 2:[OMV]
Fingers66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jun 2013, 10:34   #13
Baz
I work for Corsair

Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfootsideburns
Come on Corsair, get off the band wagon and try a board with something besides red lighting. Sheesh... whats so bad about white?
I think the uber k90 has white back lights, and the K70 is also available in silver with blue back lights.

Matt was very quick to nab this for himself - always the sign of a good piece of kit!
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jun 2013, 12:34   #14
phuzz
This is a title

phuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for president
This keyboard does seem to have everything I want, except for being about 60 more than I could possibly justify to myself (I could buy an HP Micro sever for less).
Guess I'll be sticking to my bog standard Dell keyboard for a while longer.
phuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jun 2013, 13:08   #15
sixfootsideburns
modeteer

sixfootsideburns has yet to learn the way of the Dremelsixfootsideburns has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfootsideburns
I think the uber k90 has white back lights, and the K70 is also available in silver with blue back lights.

Matt was very quick to nab this for himself - always the sign of a good piece of kit!
Truth, but unfortunately I find blue lighting almost as annoying as red haha. Thats what I get for not being part of the main stream market I guess. I will likely still end up buying it. I've been waiting for the right keyboard to drop the beans on a mechanical and this looks like a prime option
Old 25th Jun 2013, 14:28   #16
Shirty
V BURN MY EYES V

Shirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfootsideburns View Post
Truth, but unfortunately I find blue lighting almost as annoying as red haha. Thats what I get for not being part of the main stream market I guess. I will likely still end up buying it. I've been waiting for the right keyboard to drop the beans on a mechanical and this looks like a prime option
Shine... Shine... Shine... Shine...

Purple, Yellow, Blue, Green, White, Pink, Orange or Red LEDs and all four mainstream Cherry MX switch options
Old 25th Jun 2013, 20:10   #17
sixfootsideburns
modeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirty
Quote:
Shine... Shine... Shine... Shine...

Purple, Yellow, Blue, Green, White, Pink, Orange or Red LEDs and all four mainstream Cherry MX switch options
Yeah but its so expensive! Guys... I just want my cake and eat it too alright? Cripes!!
Old 25th Jun 2013, 20:25   #18
ProZac
What's a Dremel?

ProZac has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I've had this keyboard for a couple of weeks now, and got to say its the best keyboard I have ever put my hands on. No delay, USB passtrough works like a charm, actually use it to connect my M65 Corsair mouse, and I have no problems or delay on that either in FPS games.

Really impressed of the new gaming series Corsair is pushing out Keep it going.
ProZac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Jun 2013, 00:05   #19
barrkel
Multimodder

barrkel has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I have a K90. It had a serious problem: https://www.google.com/search?q=k90%...0key%20problem

Buy at your own risk. I wouldn't.
barrkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Jun 2013, 01:12   #20
Shirty
V BURN MY EYES V

Quote:
Yeah but its so expensive! Guys... I just want my cake and eat it too alright? Cripes!!
It's only a fiver more than this...