1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Project: Cu-stom [Update - 9th July]

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Greenmeister87, 24 Jun 2013.

1. Greenmeister87

Greenmeister87 What's a Dremel?

Cu-stom my first scratch build let alone mod. I was looking at some scratch builds and I didn't like the idea an all perspex case and I thought using copper tube would not only be easy for me but also add some character. I have some pictures below of my progress the frame has been relatively easy,

[​IMG]

the pipe bending was a drama as I used a pipe spring instead of and expensive bender. It is all very square it will need a shave of it here and there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have a fair bit hardware to put in the three 420mm radiators will go where the red boxs are on this picture.

[​IMG]

I would have done something on sketch up for you but I am still learning. As for the rest of the hardware I will have SLI 690's in EK water blocks a MSI Z77A-GD65 mobo with a 3770k cpu 8gb Kingston hyper x genesis. The next step is to drill holes to mount the hardware inside and order the mesh to cover the radiators and fans the rest will be transparent perspex. I am trying to source a few bits like socket head screws and washers, as soon as they arrive I can start with the outside of the case. This a sample of the mesh I will use to cover a lot of the computer.

[​IMG]

I will also make the rear panel out of this. I haven't decided on case feet yet or switches and I need ideas for my front I/O which will be mounted on the top, if anyone knows a good place for switches please let me know. I am also sorry for the picture quality my camera is getting on a bit. My next update should be in a couple of days and I should have a bit of progress for you. Any thoughts or ideas please give me a shout. Till Next time.

Last edited: 9 Jul 2013
  2. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Nice start. You aren't going to include the frame in the cooling loop? At the very least, you could include more lines into the frame to route your tubing.:D
    I'll understand if you don't want to. There's no way to get the inside of those tubes clean.

...someone needs to do an all-copper itx with integrated plumbing.

3. Greenmeister87

I thought about it. The water cooling pipes would have doubled as the frame, far to much work for a first build anyway lol. If I could get a decent pipe bender for cheap then maybe it will be my next project, something like a Rothenberger one.

4. Greenmeister87

Sorry for the late update have been very lazy lately lol.

[​IMG]

I have fitted the rads and fans.

[​IMG]

I have also started the coverings for the outside of the case.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have plans to paint a stencil of the MSI dragon on the mesh that ties in with the motherboard.

I still have the plaxi windows to cut and and a hell of a lot to do inside the case lol.

5. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

I like all perspex cases with copper tubing. ;)

Also, am I the only one who thinks the basic case shape looks a lot like a TJ07? :D

Either way, awesome start! This looks brilliant and I can't wait to see it progress!

6. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

Nope, but then the TJ07 is such a legendary case ( and the ONLY off the shelf case I would trade my Raven02 in for )

this looks like a really good start, defo keep an eye on this