1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News TNMOC Summer Bytes Festival planned

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 2 Jul 2013.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Snips

Snips I can do dat, giz a job

This is fantastic, I know I'll be visiting.

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I was there on Saturday as part of a field trip with some friends - absolutely love the place. If you haven't been in a year or so - or just haven't been - it's well worth a trip even without the festival gubbins: the new Software Gallery is really well done, and has an Apple Lisa on display - the same machine that Christie's is currently selling for $20,000. The best bit, though, are the volunteers: always happy to chat, massively knowledgeable about their subject, and incredibly passionate.

Some of the accessions they've got waiting in the wings are pretty incredible, too: they're currently trying to fund a secure display cabinet for a gold-plated computer they were donated a while back, and on the day I was there had just taken delivery of a box of documentation which included copy seven (of just 90) of the original paper on ENIAC from 1946 - still marked "RESTRICTED." Absolutely incredible stuff.