bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 2nd Jul 2013, 17:40   #1
Meanmotion
bleh

Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.
Isohunt not working due to technical issue, back soon

Popular torrent list site, Isohunt is down due to a technical issue but will be back soon.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2013/07...hnical-issue/1
Meanmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jul 2013, 18:10   #2
Redbeaver
The Other Red Meat

Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
people still use isohunt? man this brings back memories.... isohunt and suprnova.org lol...

btw what r people's thought on kick ass torrents?
ASUS Z97i-Plus - 4670K - 8GB DDR3 - Zotac GTX 970 - Crucial MX100 256GB - Corsair 250D [Modded]
www.pecelayam.com
Redbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jul 2013, 18:21   #3
fdbh96
I *am* a Dremel

fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeaver View Post
btw what r people's thought on kick ass torrents?
Its illegal.

(Piracy discussion on BT never goes well)
fdbh96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jul 2013, 18:29   #4
SchizoFrog
Ultramodder

SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Um, using Isohunt is not illegal, nor is using a Torrent Client for that matter. Downloading of certain material is illegal from whatever source or location it is.
Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit)
SchizoFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jul 2013, 18:35   #5
loftie
I *am* a Dremel

loftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Following the demise of The Pirate Bay
Pretty sure it's still around
Old 2nd Jul 2013, 18:36   #6
fdbh96
I *am* a Dremel

fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizoFrog View Post
Um, using Isohunt is not illegal, nor is using a Torrent Client for that matter. Downloading of certain material is illegal from whatever source or location it is.
So why have they been blocked in the UK (kickass torrents not iso hunt)?
Old 2nd Jul 2013, 18:39   #7
SchizoFrog
Ultramodder

SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I can't answer that as I know nothing about Kick Ass Torrents and my comment was specific to Isohunt. Maybe something they were doing was illegal. Up until late last night Isohunt has been working fine and Isohunt have said that this is a technical issue, not a legal one.
Old 2nd Jul 2013, 18:39   #8
mars-bar-man
Side bewb.

mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.
Because it's easier to block the site than the content (I'd imagine), plus it may also be down to them providing links to download illegal things.
Old 2nd Jul 2013, 18:58   #9
fdbh96
I *am* a Dremel

Quote:
I can't answer that as I know nothing about Kick Ass Torrents and my comment was specific to Isohunt. Maybe something they were doing was illegal. Up until late last night Isohunt has been working fine and Isohunt have said that this is a technical issue, not a legal one.
But my comment was about KAT . Isohunt must be 'legal' as its not blocked like KAT.
Old 2nd Jul 2013, 19:22   #10
rocknroll237
What's a Dremel?

rocknroll237 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
"Following the demise of The Pirate Bay"

Proxies my friend.
rocknroll237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jul 2013, 19:47   #11
Stanley Tweedle
Ultramodder

Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdbh96
Quote:
So why have they been blocked in the UK (kickass torrents not iso hunt)?
Something is not illegal just because the american government tries to impose a world-wide ban.

It's like declaring a whistle-blower an criminal because he revealed criminal actions of those wielding the illusion of power.

I use torrents every day. Many legit companies offer torrent versions of their downloads too.

The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

Stanley Tweedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jul 2013, 20:05   #12
fdbh96
I *am* a Dremel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Tweedle View Post
Something is not illegal just because the american government tries to impose a world-wide ban.

It's like declaring a whistle-blower an criminal because he revealed criminal actions of those wielding the illusion of power.

I use torrents every day. Many legit companies offer torrent versions of their downloads too.
I have no idea who blocked KAT, but I know the uk ISPs blocked pirate bay, not the US government.

Many legit companies DO offer torrents, but they generally don't post it on these kinds of sites, instead just offering the torrent off their own servers.
Old 2nd Jul 2013, 20:10   #13
CrazyJoe
Ultramodder

CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdbh96 View Post
I have no idea who blocked KAT, but I know the uk ISPs blocked pirate bay, not the US government.

Many legit companies DO offer torrents, but they generally don't post it on these kinds of sites, instead just offering the torrent off their own servers.
It was the courts that banned these sites, not ISPs...

I would go into a long winded speech about these sites not hosting any copyrighted material etc but I can't be bothered.

The bans are useless though as it's very easy to get around them. For example TPB had an increase of traffic from the UK after the ban.
CrazyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jul 2013, 20:38   #14
DriftCarl
Supermodder

DriftCarl has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I dont use torrents for movies or applications anymore. I use them for TV shows, when stupid american TV studios decide to make reasonable paid for downloads and not try to force UK people to wait 6 months before we can watch shows, then I will buy them no problem.
With the internet now, its impossible to not watch a show and it not get spoilers everywhere
DriftCarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jul 2013, 21:37   #15
Woodspoon
Supermodder

Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.
Interesting coincidence that releaselog appears to be down as well, or at least it is for me.
Woodspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jul 2013, 21:59   #16
SchizoFrog
Ultramodder

Just be glad you don't live in Germany. They often release a 'tracked' torrent on the usual sites and then whoever downloads the files gets their IP address tracked. The next thing you know is that in 2 weeks you get a letter from a local solicitor with a fine for 1,000 and the only way to appeal is to hire your own, independent lawyer and to take them to court. Over there you are also personally responsible as the bill payer for use of your internet service including WiFi.

What's the UK implementing in 2015? A three time loser ISP ban for illegal downloading.
Old 2nd Jul 2013, 23:34   #17
miller
Multimodder

miller is definitely a rep cheat.miller is definitely a rep cheat.miller is definitely a rep cheat.miller is definitely a rep cheat.miller is definitely a rep cheat.miller is definitely a rep cheat.miller is definitely a rep cheat.miller is definitely a rep cheat.miller is definitely a rep cheat.miller is definitely a rep cheat.miller is definitely a rep cheat.
ISOhunt is back and I can access KAT from UK, IIRC it's just the bigger ISP's that block some torrent sites not all of them?
miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jul 2013, 00:20   #18
CrazyJoe
Ultramodder

CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by miller View Post
IIRC it's just the bigger ISP's that block some torrent sites not all of them?
Yeah, at home Virgin Media block them but no issues with accessing them through my phone's connection (on 3).

Have to laugh at the article saying "the demise of The Pirate Bay", they're going stronger than ever.
CrazyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jul 2013, 11:29   #19
Stanley Tweedle
Ultramodder

Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Yes, of course... UK courts started imposing bans because of new legislation that was pushed through by whatever overpaid government twats. It's still as a result of pressure from the large media corporations in the US wanting to lock down everything. I mean they're banning rainwater collection in some US states now so you can see where that country is headed.

Stanley Tweedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jul 2013, 14:04   #20
John_T
Supermodder

John_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Tweedle
I mean they're banning rainwater collection in some US states now so you can see where that country is headed.
WHAT? Where? Why...?
John_T is offline   Reply With Quote