bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 10th Jul 2013, 09:59   #1
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming Saiyan
David Braben's Frontier goes public for 4M in cash

AIM listing values the company at 39.4M.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...frontier-ipo/1
Gareth Halfacree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jul 2013, 10:05   #2
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Nexxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jul 2013, 10:46   #3
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Something I worked out after writing the article: Braben currently owns 69% of the company. Assuming the 10.15% (4 million of a 39.4 million market cap) in public shares is coming out of everyone's allowance equally - which it may not, it's entirely up to the company who gets their shares converted - that will reduce to 62%. If Frontier Developments (Symbol: FDEV) reaches its 39.4 million target market cap, that'll mean Braben's personal share of the company is worth 24.43 million.

Nice.
Gareth Halfacree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jul 2013, 11:09   #4
maverik-sg1
Supermodder

maverik-sg1 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maverik-sg1 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maverik-sg1 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maverik-sg1 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maverik-sg1 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maverik-sg1 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maverik-sg1 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maverik-sg1 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maverik-sg1 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maverik-sg1 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maverik-sg1 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I've engaged in the kickstarter for the new Elite game, however, for a company the employs 226 people, they've remained relatively low key yet appear to of accumulated a ton of money.

I'd say that this is a good move from someone wanting to get out of the business of running businesses and maybe this Elite release will see Mr Braben achieve all he wanted, exorcising the ghosts of the past before retiring a happy man?

I wish him well, he is already a legend and I sincerely hope the game is as good as (or better than) I hope.
maverik-sg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jul 2013, 11:14   #5
ChromeX
I *am* a Dremel

ChromeX has yet to learn the way of the DremelChromeX has yet to learn the way of the DremelChromeX has yet to learn the way of the DremelChromeX has yet to learn the way of the DremelChromeX has yet to learn the way of the DremelChromeX has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'd say it's about time he got his arse in gear and released something. He's had people backing him for ages without so much as even a hint of an alpha; he completely screwed up making the outsider, which nobody even wanted when he really should be been working on the new elite. Myself and a lot of fans of the elite games, who I know personally, are starting to get tired of Braben...

Last edited by ChromeX; 11th Jul 2013 at 11:19.
ChromeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jul 2013, 13:37   #6
Jimbob
Modder

Jimbob has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
So he is worth millions but still relies on kickstarter? Hmm not confident of the new elite then braben?
Jimbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jul 2013, 14:05   #7
Yaka
Hypermodder

Yaka is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yaka is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yaka is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yaka is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yaka is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yaka is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yaka is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yaka is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yaka is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yaka is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yaka is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Wish to hell peeps stop throwing thier cash where it don't need to go
It's happening so often on kickstarter now they should stop it
Yaka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aim, david braben, elite, elite 4, elite: dangerous, ffe, financial, frontier: elite ii, gametek, ian bell, kickstarter, london stock exchange, lse, stock, stock market