bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 11th Jul 2013, 14:26   #1
Meanmotion
bleh

Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.
Zotac Zbox Nano ID65 Plus Review

Zotac's new mini-PC is truly tiny, but that doesn't mean it can't compete with the heavyweights.
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/pcs...-plus-review/1
Meanmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jul 2013, 15:09   #2
Stanley Tweedle
Ultramodder

Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Am I reading this right? I tiny box at over 500 not capable of modern games in HD?

Suddenly Apple computers are looking more attractive.

The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

Stanley Tweedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jul 2013, 16:12   #3
Bloody_Pete
Technophile(and yes, thats 724Mb/s)

Bloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Tweedle
Am I reading this right? I tiny box at over 500 not capable of modern games in HD?

Suddenly Apple computers are looking more attractive.
Where? Its the same GPU just a more powerful CPU, so it wont do any better at gaming...
i5 3570k @ 4.6GHz (1.28v) on custom water loop/ Watercooling how-to, Asus Maximus 5 Gene, 16GB Corsair Vengence 1600MHz (2 black, 2 red), Sapphire Radeon HD 5870, 128GB Crucial M4, 3 x Samsung F1 1TB in RAID 5, Xigmatek Elysium, Enermax Revolution 85+ 850W, Corsair K60, Corsair SP2500 speakers, Dell U2311H & Asus VK222W.
Bloody_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jul 2013, 16:20   #4
SuicideNeil
I'm insane, not stupid.

SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.
You'd expect it to be though, for 500! You could build a half decent MATX in a small case that could game at decent frame rates for that much, this is a joke of a system for that price point ( being small is not enough of a bonus to justify the price ). If you just wanted a small media center pc ( no gaming at all pretty much, except a few flash games maybe ) then you could build something for half the price that did the same job or better.

83% score is far too kind....
Old 11th Jul 2013, 16:34   #5
faugusztin
I *am* the guy with two left hands

faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody_Pete View Post
Where? Its the same GPU just a more powerful CPU, so it wont do any better at gaming...
Actually it is pretty much a bit higher clocked 2012 Macbook Air CPU & GPU; or a bit lower clocked 2012 Macbook Pro/dualcore Mac Mini.

@Stanley Tweedle: The only Mac computers which will perform better are :
- 2013 Macbook Pro and Air models
- 2011/2012 or older Macbook Pros and Mac Minis with dedicated graphics card.
- quadcore Mac Minis
- Mac Pro.

Considering the size, the only really better performing Apple computer with similar size are the 2012 Mac Mini (better CPU, same GPU) and 2011 Mac Mini with dedicated graphics card. Anything else is many times bigger or has worse performance.

This is pretty much an alternative to NUC, with few extra features which can be important for few - like 2.5" hard drive instead mSATA, builtin remote, builtin card reader, USB3.
Old 11th Jul 2013, 16:57   #6
GuilleAcoustic
Ook ? Ook !

GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.
It has only 1 DIMM slot, so no dual channel .... no way. Waiting for the Haswell version of the NUC, with an onboard SATA port.

i5 4570 - Asus Z87 Gryphon + Thermal Armor - 8GB - Sandisk Extreme II 240GB - EVGA GTX770 - PC-V353A
GuilleAcoustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jul 2013, 17:02   #7
Stanley Tweedle
Ultramodder

Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Next unit of computing... Surely should be PUC?? I wonder when a NUC will break the 1000 mark and will it outperform a laptop at the same price?

Stanley Tweedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jul 2013, 19:29   #8
faugusztin

faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuilleAcoustic View Post
Waiting for the Haswell version of the NUC, with an onboard SATA port.
Somehow i doubt you will see that.
Old 11th Jul 2013, 20:09   #9
Blackshark
Multimodder

Blackshark has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Faug - I think it has been announced - or maybe GA and I are having some sort of shared dream (a scary thought)
Blackshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jul 2013, 21:19   #10
faugusztin

Ok, that is a news to me, but seems like you are right :
http://www.tomshardware.com/gallery/...-3-1-jpg-.html
Old 11th Jul 2013, 21:33   #11
GuilleAcoustic
Ook ? Ook !

GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by faugusztin View Post
Somehow i doubt you will see that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by faugusztin View Post
Ok, that is a news to me, but seems like you are right :
http://www.tomshardware.com/gallery/...-3-1-jpg-.html
Intel added a sata data and power connector for OEMs and non-Intel NUC cases.

Old 12th Jul 2013, 00:52   #12
Andy Mc
I *am* a Dremel

Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.
HOW MUCH!!!!!!!

Damn........Still looks nice for a sff option.

Andy Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jul 2013, 10:04   #13
GuilleAcoustic
Ook ? Ook !

And a version will come with an HD5000 IGP

i5 4570 - Asus Z87 Gryphon + Thermal Armor - 8GB - Sandisk Extreme II 240GB - EVGA GTX770 - PC-V353A
Old 12th Jul 2013, 12:01   #14
[USRF]Obiwan
I *am* a Dremel

[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
You do know that OPTICAL/DIGITAL SP/DIF is not capable of outputting anything more then stereo, unless you receiver can decode DTS/DD, but then it only can decode to 5.1 signal. If you want 7.1 you have to get it through HDMI as Dolby TrueHD and DTS Master Audio, but then again the video card and receiver has to support it.
In 1982 I was addicted to Lady Bug and played it in the local arcade (every day) And yes i'm proud I did that!
[USRF]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jul 2013, 13:05   #15
GuilleAcoustic
Ook ? Ook !

Quote:
Originally Posted by [USRF]Obiwan View Post
You do know that OPTICAL/DIGITAL SP/DIF is not capable of outputting anything more then stereo, unless you receiver can decode DTS/DD, but then it only can decode to 5.1 signal. If you want 7.1 you have to get it through HDMI as Dolby TrueHD and DTS Master Audio, but then again the video card and receiver has to support it.
Posted in the wrong thread ?
Old 13th Jul 2013, 06:47   #16
fluxtatic
Supermodder

fluxtatic has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
With the right marketing, these could do really well - I work with plenty of people that buy crap, overpriced all-in-ones because they know dick about computers, but they do know they don't want a mid-tower taking up a bunch of space and creating a bunch of noise. Take one of these, screw it to the VESA mounts on the back of a decent 23"+ monitor, and it would be a damn sight better than the AIOs people have hauled in to the office so I can set up VPN and TS access.

I might start presenting these as an option to the people that are looking to buy new PCs (although there aren't many these days, sadly).
fluxtatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Jul 2013, 12:16   #17
law99
Custom User Title

law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.
The thing is way too expensive.

But it will most likely do really well... it says i7
3570k WC @ 4.7giggles | 8gb Kingston 2133mhz | ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | R9 290 (awaiting wc block... ) | Seasonic x-660w | NZXT 810 switch | Crucial M4 128gb | 2x F3 1tb Raid 1 | NZXT Sentry 6ch 50w fan controller | eyefinity 4112x1024
law99 is offline   Reply With Quote