bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 17th Jul 2013, 09:22   #1
Baz
I work for Corsair

Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Corsair Carbide Series 330R Review

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cas...-330r-review/1

We take a look at Corsair's mid-range 330R chassis.
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jul 2013, 10:02   #2
Spreadie
http://goo.gl/vNwEky

Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.
Another example of Corsair attempting to exclude all forms of watercooling apart from the AIOs.

How hard is it to have the option to mount a drive cage mid-floor, leaving room to mount a decent rad at the front? Nanoxia's DS1 makes the 330 and the 350 look pretty underwhelming.

Corsair are all but dead to me now.

2500K|Z77E-ITX|8GB|680|3007WFP-HC|DS Cube
Spreadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jul 2013, 11:07   #3
Saivert
Supermodder

Saivert has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Too many mid-tower cases have poor provision for watercooling gear. Instead they throw in lots of HDD slots, optical bays and whatnot. If you want to build a storage server there are better cases suited for just that. For a gaming PC you don't need a bunch of HDDs. I have a NAS for that. So the only alternative is a full-tower case and IMO those are just way too big (leaving lots of empty space even with watercooling gear installed). I want smaller case, not bigger but still with room for watercooling.
Old 21st Jul 2013, 17:11   #4
caution
What's a Dremel?

caution has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I like the looks a lot, very humble and clean looking.

And since there's nothing fundamentally wrong with the design, it's down to retail price whether we'll see this case around a lot, or not.

Thanks for the rewiew
caution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jul 2013, 09:19   #5
djzic
Bokehlicious!

djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Buy a Parvum S1.0 then. I did, and while it's a bit wasted on my rig at the moment, I will watercool it and it'll be awesome!

Cam: Canon 400D | 35mm f/2.8 | Helios 44-2
djzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jul 2013, 11:06   #6
Spreadie
http://goo.gl/vNwEky

Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djzic View Post
Buy a Parvum S1.0 then. I did, and while it's a bit wasted on my rig at the moment, I will watercool it and it'll be awesome!
That does look like a cracking little case, at a fair price, although I'd prefer more than two photos on the website - some showing the internals, including the drive bays, would be nice; and I'm a bit bemused that the USB ports are an extra 15. It also seems strange that it doesn't support 60mm rads in the front - although, I'm hoping this is just a recommendation to accommodate full length graphics cards - otherwise that would be a deal breaker for me.

That aside, I love the look and the general layout I can discern from some mod logs, and I'll seriously consider it if and when I decide to buy a new case.

2500K|Z77E-ITX|8GB|680|3007WFP-HC|DS Cube

Last edited by Spreadie; 22nd Jul 2013 at 12:50.
Spreadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jul 2013, 16:48   #7
coliea
What's a Dremel?

coliea has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
For the same money (or slightly less) I'd take the Fractal Design Arc Midi R2... or for substantially less the Fractal Design Core 3000!
coliea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Aug 2013, 17:08   #8
azrael-
I'm special...

azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Funny, that noone has made a comparison with the Corsair Obsidian 550D. I actually find that the 330R *looks* like the 550D should have looked (all black front, no fan openings at the side). People seem to forget that both cases are geared toward the "silent" crowd.

Xeon E3-1245 v2 3.4 GHz | ASUS P8C WS | 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3 | Samsung 830 256GB | eVGA GTX670 2GB | SB Audigy | Seasonic X-560 | Corsair Obsidian 550D | Dell 2209WA
azrael- is offline   Reply With Quote