1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice Need help on building a new PC for gaming!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Petirrojo, 20 Jul 2013.

1. Petirrojo

Petirrojo What's a Dremel?

I have debated between getting a PS4 or gaming on a PC and i have decided to use PC for games such as Battlefield 4 and Skyrim. However, i am fairly new to all this and i understand i need a new PC to run BF4 and other games on high settings with a decent framerate. I would also prefer to stick with AMD/ATI instead of Nvidia and Intel. I also don't intend on overclocking the CPU.

Budget: £500 at the maximum but i would prefer to keep it under £400 (PS4 price range)

Main uses of intended build: Gaming and running high end games such as BF4.

Parts required: Completely new build (CPU, motherboard, memory, storage, graphics card, power supply and case. Hopefully no cooling)

Previous build information:
    Processor: AMD Phenom II X2 550 @ 3.1 GHz
    Graphics card: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series (DirectX11
    Memory: 4GB RAM
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK M2N68-AM
    Storage: 300GB free on my hard drive
    Monitor resolution: 1920x1080 (Iiyama E2208HDS monitor)
    Storage requirements:500GB+

Thanks.

2. LightningPete

LightningPete Diagnosis: ARMAII-Holic

Re-use the following items to save money and to aid in your best build:

Monitor
    Windows 7
    RAM - (If DD3)
    DVD Drive
    Hard drive (just for extra storage its free afterall as you own it)
    Case (if decent and able to have 1 intake front fan and 1 rear exhaust fan)

All prices from Scan.co.uk (Inc VAT)- meets just a nudge over £500 and will make a formiddable gaming machine that will leave it wanting more after spitting out BF4 from the other end

1 TB Seagate 64mb cache HDD - £49.00

i5 3570k Intel Ivy Bridge Quad Core - £178.98

Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H motherboard - £77.72

600w Corsair Builder Series PSU - £57.12

2GB MSI NVIDIA GTX660 - £150.79

Total inc delivery £524

Machine will be more than adept for dealing with the battlefield series and much more, and will last longer than a £400 AMD cpu option by far. If your willing its extremely easy to overclock the CPU by 500mhz~1Ghz in the future if you ever needed to with an aftermarket cooler. although they do overclock themselves usually (turbo boost).

But again its what you want at the end of the day. The bigger fish in the sea is within your grasp and no bias intended bu the Intel chips are far than superior with dedicated graphics. However AMD graphics cards can be inserted here to the above also.

>>LP