bit-tech.net

Old 23rd Jul 2013, 10:36   #1
Meanmotion
bleh

Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.
Akasa Euler Review

Akasa is putting plenty of effort into a range of new fanless cases that take advantage of new slim motherboards.
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cas...euler-review/1
Meanmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jul 2013, 10:49   #2
scott_chegg
It's a tool.

scott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Am I missing something here?

"The Euler might lack USB ports and the ability to install an optical drive (you could always buy a USB hub and external optical drive)"

How are you going to connect that USB hub without any USB ports? Direct to the motherboard?
My System: i5 2500K @ 4.7Ghz | MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz | Corsair H-50 Push-Pull with Silent Eagle 2000's | Silverstone Raven RV03 | EVGA 670 FTW | Dell SP2309W | Antec 750W TruePower Blue | Win 7 x64 | Crucial 64GB C300 for OS | Samsung 830 256GB for Active Games & a 1TB Samsung for Steam. Perphiperals: Roccat Kone+ Max V2 | CMStorm Quickfire Pro with Cherry Reds | Cyborg F.L.Y 5 stick for flying and a Logitech DF GT for driving.
scott_chegg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jul 2013, 10:55   #3
Xir
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.
What a fantastic concept. I really like it.
Are the motherboard side support stands adjustable?
Not all processors and boards and sockets are going to be exactly the same thickness, resulting in...well board bend possibly?

Anyway the boards are so tiny, have no cables and no cards, so mounting them by the cooler only should be perfectly fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_chegg View Post
How are you going to connect that USB hub without any USB ports? Direct to the motherboard?
To the motherboard backplane, it has no extra case-USB-ports, it still has the external USB ports that come with the motherboard (look at the picture with a mounted motherboard)
X1800XT 512mb Sapphire
200GB Samsung SP2004C 24" Asus something 1920x1080
Xir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jul 2013, 14:23   #4
scott_chegg
It's a tool.

scott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Ahh yes. Thought I must have been magooing!
My System: i5 2500K @ 4.7Ghz | MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz | Corsair H-50 Push-Pull with Silent Eagle 2000's | Silverstone Raven RV03 | EVGA 670 FTW | Dell SP2309W | Antec 750W TruePower Blue | Win 7 x64 | Crucial 64GB C300 for OS | Samsung 830 256GB for Active Games & a 1TB Samsung for Steam. Perphiperals: Roccat Kone+ Max V2 | CMStorm Quickfire Pro with Cherry Reds | Cyborg F.L.Y 5 stick for flying and a Logitech DF GT for driving.
scott_chegg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jul 2013, 14:28   #5
SchizoFrog
Ultramodder

SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
A bit of a contrived test I know but it would be very interesting to see what these cases perform like with a dusting of... um... dust. Most people would place it somewhere and then forget about it. So I think it would be very useful to see how dust affects it's cooling abilities.
Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit)
SchizoFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jul 2013, 17:01   #6
tonyd223
king of nothing

tonyd223 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
kind of illustrates just how out of touch AMD are, power wise
tonyd223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jul 2013, 06:19   #7
fluxtatic
Supermodder

fluxtatic has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyd223
kind of illustrates just how out of touch AMD are, power wise
The 35W variants likely don't sell that well - they are either specialized and binned to hell and back (Core) or crippled (Pentium) - the Core variants are expensive as hell, the Pentiums are cheap(er) and, well, crippled.

For way less, you can get AMD's Bobcat-derived (and soon Jaguar) parts that will likely serve as well for anything you're likely to throw at this sort of box.

As far as the specialty case manufacturers not supporting the AMD parts - well, that's at least half on those manufacturers, isn't it? (the other half being AMD not apparently commanding the marketshare to the point the case manufacturters feel the need, I'll concede).

However, in the wider market - yeah, no one can really argue that AMD better get off their ass and do something about the power consumption problem they have. A node or two behind notwithstanding, they've still got a problem there.
fluxtatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Aug 2013, 11:54   #8
Jedibeeftrix
Minimodder

Jedibeeftrix has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
i'm loving the idea of this case with the new 45W APU's like the trinity based 6700T.

all we need is a thin-ITX FM2(+) board, have any been announced as of yet?
Jedibeeftrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Sep 2013, 19:35   #9
blackworx
Cable Wrangler

blackworx has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Going to try one of these with a Pentium G2120 (TDP:55W) ... No way I'm paying twice as much for a 35W i3.

If anyone else out there is looking for a thin ITX board to put in one of these cases, which features an S/PDIF output (as I have been) I can advise Intel's DQ77BK does indeed have one but it's undocumented. The headphone jack is a combined 3.5mm jack line out/mini-TOSlink connector, but this is not mentioned anywhere in the documentation or spec sheets.

https://communities.intel.com/thread/31518

EDIT: Seems that in order to keep this functionality you need to stay on the original BIOS (v38). I tried updating to the latest BIOS and it was disabled. There's no reference in the BIOS release notes to indicate when the feature was disabled, so no doubt there is a more recent version with it enabled but everything seems to work fine on 38, so I've just left it.

Last edited by blackworx; 23rd Sep 2013 at 07:54.
blackworx is offline   Reply With Quote