bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 29th Jul 2013, 12:03   #1
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Valve calls Half-Life 3 reports 'bogus'

Claims of a 2014 launch scuppered.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...life-3-bogus/1
Gareth Halfacree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jul 2013, 12:11   #2
WarrenJ
Mod Master

WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I hope it's not going to be another Duke Nukem.
WarrenJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jul 2013, 12:20   #3
tristanperry
Hypermodder

tristanperry is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.tristanperry is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.tristanperry is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.tristanperry is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.tristanperry is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.tristanperry is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.tristanperry is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.tristanperry is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.tristanperry is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.tristanperry is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.tristanperry is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Well it's a positive step forward I guess. Would still love to see a 2014 release though.
Antec 300 | Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 | Core i5 750 @ 3.6ghz | Corsair XMS3 4GB 1,600Mhz | XFX HD5850 | 120 GB Corsair Series Force 3 SSD | 2x 1TB Samsung F3 | Titan Fenrir | BenQ G2220HD 21.5" Widescreen | Corsair VX550W
tristanperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jul 2013, 12:25   #4
Xploitedtitan
Minimodder

Xploitedtitan has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Duke Nukem was announced, but took decades to come out.

Valve never mentioned any HL3, or any other episodes for HL2.
Xploitedtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jul 2013, 12:28   #5
steveo_mcg
I Mod, Therefore I Own

steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
2007! Bloody hell.
Old 29th Jul 2013, 12:43   #6
kenco_uk
I unsuccessfully then tried again

kenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Bogus - that's good, right?
Old 29th Jul 2013, 13:30   #7
adrock
Caninus Nervous Rex

adrock is definitely a rep cheat.adrock is definitely a rep cheat.adrock is definitely a rep cheat.adrock is definitely a rep cheat.adrock is definitely a rep cheat.adrock is definitely a rep cheat.adrock is definitely a rep cheat.adrock is definitely a rep cheat.adrock is definitely a rep cheat.adrock is definitely a rep cheat.adrock is definitely a rep cheat.
depends, if being killed by a bad robot you who then breaks up with your girlfriend and tries to change the future by being the worst musician in the world, all while you try to beat God at a variety of household games until he relents and allows you to visit heaven, recruit an alien to build a good robot you, and transports you back to the present so that you can thwart an evil time travellers plans and win the battle of the bands sounds good, then yeah, sure.
Old 29th Jul 2013, 14:03   #8
mi1ez
Game Boy Modder

mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Has adrock been at the cheesecake again?
Old 29th Jul 2013, 14:06   #9
sotu1
Ex-Modder

sotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Great use of the word 'claptrap' in an actual sentence. I didn't realize it was an actual word until just now!
Old 29th Jul 2013, 14:26   #10
Blademrk
Why so serious?

Blademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
yep, not just an annoying sidekick in Borderlands, minion!

My X-Box Live gamertag, PSN, Steam & Nintendo ID is BladeMrk
Blademrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jul 2013, 14:26   #11
[USRF]Obiwan
I *am* a Dremel

[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Meanwhile I am literary getting gray hair of waiting for HL3 as the years pass by. A never ending cliffhanger from episode 2. The most disturbing fact is that Valve is not saying; "All Fans and lurkers of HL3 we officially announce that the Halflife episode two was the last and we are not going to make any other episodes or full game. period!"

Nooooohh! They not denying or confirming that they are developing anything for the HL universe.

My best guess: Valve is simply waiting for all people who have played Half Life are dying of old age.
In 1982 I was addicted to Lady Bug and played it in the local arcade (every day) And yes i'm proud I did that!
[USRF]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jul 2013, 14:27   #12
Hamfunk
I AM KROGAN!

Hamfunk is a Super Spamming SaiyanHamfunk is a Super Spamming SaiyanHamfunk is a Super Spamming SaiyanHamfunk is a Super Spamming SaiyanHamfunk is a Super Spamming SaiyanHamfunk is a Super Spamming SaiyanHamfunk is a Super Spamming SaiyanHamfunk is a Super Spamming SaiyanHamfunk is a Super Spamming SaiyanHamfunk is a Super Spamming SaiyanHamfunk is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mi1ez
He's summarizing a particular bogus adventure by one Bill and one Ted.
Old 29th Jul 2013, 14:45   #13
Griffter
Supermodder

Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
an unnamed spokesperson for the company???? if they gonna come out and say its fake, then why unnamed. this whole HL3 thing is just an inconsiderate move from valve;s part and i feel very disrespected becos of it. one of the first to buy the games on release and my thx is not getting to see the ending before my death!

a 12yr old will live to see the ending i and many many 30somethings made into what it is today.

thx again valve
Griffter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jul 2013, 14:46   #14
mi1ez
Game Boy Modder

mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamfunk
Quote:
How did I not see that?!
Old 29th Jul 2013, 14:55   #15
sotu1
Ex-Modder

sotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamfunk
Quote:
How did I not see that?!
Just clicked in my head too....well played
Old 29th Jul 2013, 14:58   #16
Griffter
Supermodder

Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffter
an unnamed spokesperson for the company???? if they gonna come out and say its fake, then why unnamed. this whole HL3 thing is just an inconsiderate move from valve;s part and i feel very disrespected becos of it. one of the first to buy the games on release and my thx is not getting to see the ending before my death!

a 12yr old will live to see the ending i and many many 30somethings made into what it is today.

thx again valve
typo: a 12yr old will live to see the ending and i and many many 30somethings that made the game vranchise into what it is today wont.
Griffter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jul 2013, 17:22   #17
The_Crapman
MD of M.Z.A. Inc and Weasel Pimp

The_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrock
depends, if being killed by a bad robot you who then breaks up with your girlfriend and tries to change the future by being the worst musician in the world, all while you try to beat God at a variety of household games until he relents and allows you to visit heaven, recruit an alien to build a good robot you, and transports you back to the present so that you can thwart an evil time travellers plans and win the battle of the bands sounds good, then yeah, sure.
Whilst i loved the reference, I'd just like to point out it's the grim reaper they play the games with, not god. Best 2 out of 3?
XSPC Twin DDC Dual Bay Res, 2x Laing DDC-1T Plus, Alphacool NexXxoS XP≥ Light - Acetal Edition, Alphacool NexXxoS NVXP GTX760 Full Cover Copper Block, Alphacool Heatmaster II, 2x 240mm Alphacool ST30 Full Copper Rads, 5x
Xigmatec CLF Red 120mm Fans
The_Crapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jul 2013, 17:48   #18
Adnoctum
Kill_All_Humans

Adnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for president
Guthrie quoted as saying
Quote:
Originally Posted by Article
I canít confirm all too much since the development is still in early stages, but for now I can confirm . . .
YOU WHAT??? ". . . development still in early stages . . . " Was this quote made in 2008/2009? What the unholy f**k has Valve been doing for the last 6 years that HL3 is "still in early stages"?

Also, I like that Gareth only got to the actual news after three and a half paragraphs of HL3 development context.

The main reason that Duke Nukem Forever was so terrible was its age. Gaming had moved on past DNF and it didn't age at all well.
HL3 is risking the same thing. HL and HL2 are great games but they have aged as all games do, just with a bit of grace.

At this point I am no longer holding my breath for HL3, and I'm getting to the point that I don't much care. HL3 is no longer a sure pre-order.
Old 29th Jul 2013, 17:52   #19
bawjaws
Hypermodder

bawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I'm not sure there's any point in worrying whether HL3 will be behind the times when (if?) it finally arrives, given that we don't have confirmation as to whether it's even in development yet
bawjaws is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jul 2013, 19:17   #20
Guinevere
Mega Mom

Guinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Here's what I think has happened...

Valve being valve can be very flexible internally - people moving between teams - people changing roles etc. HL2 Ep3 and (probably) HL3 were all started years and years ago... long before we saw episode 2. But...

The projects floundered. The quality took a dive. People became disinterested. Those with sway moved the goalposts a few times. The project probably had lots of false starts etc.

But thankfully Valve isn't in the habit of releasing dross, or announcing things early to drum up support. They didn't want a Duke Nukem vapourware vibe to follow them around, much preferring the "Will they - or won't they" line.

Is something Half Life in development at the moment? Probably... to some degree...by a few people as a hobby probably... but I doubt we'll see a new game or episode being released any time soon.

Guinevere is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
console gaming, first-person shooter, half-life, half-life 3, john guthrie, pc gaming, rumour, source engine, steam, valve, videogames