1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Asda no longer stocking the Wii U

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 30 Jul 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

Almost everyone I know has a Wii, almost everyone I know never uses the dam thing!

Sure they sold really well but the product had no longevity, once the novelty factor wore off they sat dormant under people's TV's.

The Wii U was pretty much just a refresh of the same gimmick. I'm not surprised they aren't selling...

3. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I did exactly the same with the Wii.

I bought one and used it for a while and then it was just sat not being used at all for around 4 months and then I gave it to my sister, as she wanted it for the Wii Fit and for my neice.

4. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Yeah, we got a wii, and used it for a bit, but gradually less and less, might try and get my parents using it again, since they tried for a little bit, but now that me and my sister are away at uni they're not being encouraged and so the idea of playing games/playing on the wii at all just doesn't cross their mind when they're working out what they want to do at the weekend :p

5. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

Must say I fit the trend too. Got a Wii for Super Mario Galaxies, Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart. Well Galaxies was fun, but has no replay value after you 100% it so no longevity, Mariokart was so much worse than Double Dash, finished it fully but there was effectively no multiplayer. The best bit about Mariokart is grabbing 3 friends and going into split screen for some balloon battle. Problem is that the game modes were ruined by the forced addition of all these crappy bots, it basically ruined the multiplayer aspect. Played online, grabbed a 2k rating and triple star status from the main races and now I'm finished and never want to touch it again.

Brawl was just an utter disappointment, the only good maps were those from the previous games. The characters were completely unbalanced, to the extent that at a pro level they just play Melee instead. Had to use a GameCube controller as the wiimote is just that bad. It's just annoying when playing with friends if you have to ban the use of certain characters and only play old maps with old items. Don't even get me started on the latest Zelda game, just awful.

Personally I think their games design has gone to pot as much as their consoles. Nintendo has some great IP, just that's all they have IMO. Certainly won't be buying another Nintendo product again.

6. rollo

rollo Modder

Wii I own one and so does everybody else id imagine does it collect dust yes it does. Was it ever used more than a few months no.

No surprise to see this been dropped by retailers just surprised it took so long. If the price went sub £100 id pick one up just to play nintendos own games zelda and mario ect.

7. Xir

Xir Modder

I use mine regularly, but the Wii U doesn't attract me at all.
    From the advertisments I've seen, having the console with the second screen is pretty useless anyway.

8. stuartwood89

stuartwood89 Please... Just call me Stu.

The only thing we use our Wii for is playing some old Gamecube titles like Resident Evil or Zelda. Other than that, it just sits next to my TV, getting little use.

9. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

I used my Wii loads then sold it when it started to so stale, only really played MarioKart
    Went to buy one agfain the other day then found a Kinect for £28

My mother in law has one and the balance board thingy but they never use it.

Bye bye Wii U

10. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

I never had a high opinion of the Wii. I always found the games to be of a similar standard as free online flash games. They are constantly doing remakes and reshuffles of old titles that they won't just leave be.

I always loved the super nintendo. Had an N64 but I felt the original playstation had better games. Ever since the N64, nintendos console offerings have been fairly twee and weak.

I don't see anything that would convince me that the WiiU has curbed this trend. Clearly even the casual gamers realise there is no point getting another wii when their current one sits gathering dust.

11. PingCrosby

PingCrosby What's a Dremel?

They're not stocking that lovely malt drink in a bottle anymore either.....b*****ds

12. BeeP

BeeP Minimodder

We got our 6 year old a WiiU, apart from the odd time it generally sits gathering dust.

I have to say that the mario U game is good with 5 playing, 4 use old wiimotes & one builds blocks to help them with the new wii remote thingy. Other than that though its just a jazzed up wii.

13. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

And you know what, they are a magnet for dust :)

Mine has been under the telly for the past five years without being switched on, with the exception of maybe a couple of times when the nephew was around.

14. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

You mean to say that's dust? I thought that was part of the factory finish.

15. Xir

Xir Modder

If all of you aren't using your WII's, has anyone got a LEGO SW left over (I-III or complete)?

Tags: Add Tags