bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 31st Jul 2013, 09:24   #1
Meanmotion
bleh

Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.
Splinter Cell: Blacklist Preview

Ubisoft's upcoming spy thriller has some difficult politics and a vendetta against dogs.
http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2013/...list-preview/1
Meanmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jul 2013, 10:31   #2
Bonedoctor
Have you turned it off & on again?

Bonedoctor has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
"It was a raw, stripped down experience of a loan man" heading out looking for compound interest in a boring, actuarial world.

Talk good Ingland bros
Bonedoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jul 2013, 13:04   #3
DeckerdBR
Supermodder

DeckerdBR has yet to learn the way of the DremelDeckerdBR has yet to learn the way of the DremelDeckerdBR has yet to learn the way of the DremelDeckerdBR has yet to learn the way of the DremelDeckerdBR has yet to learn the way of the DremelDeckerdBR has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'm sorry but "Splinter Cell: Conviction was the pinnacle of the series and Blacklist has thus far been unable to match it, let alone surpass it."

No. Chaos Theory was the high point of the series, not Conviction, which while it was not terrible, it was pretty average, especially when compared to Chaos Theory! Conviction was more of an Action game with stealth elements and a decidedly average story.

The difference between Chaos Theory and Conviction is similar to the difference between Hitman: Blood Money and Hitman Absolution, with the former clearly being superior.

Blacklist just looks like complete trash, a splinter cell game in name only, broken down to the mass appeal of the XP grind for every shot/dog punch, that every game seems to have to have.

I wonder how many games Ubisoft have to ruin before people stop actually buying them?
| SSD: Samsung 840 250GB | CPU Cooler: AKASA Venom | OS: Windows 7 64 |
DeckerdBR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jul 2013, 13:32   #4
DriftCarl
Supermodder

DriftCarl has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I am actually looking forward to this game. Basically because I got it free with my graphics card though.
DriftCarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jul 2013, 18:38   #5
raxonb
Multimodder

raxonb has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
+1 on Chaos Theory

To Be This Good Takes AGES...
To Be This Good Takes SEGA
raxonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jul 2013, 21:03   #6
Somer_Himpson
Banned

Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.
I always massively look forward to a new Splinter Cell release. I am just hoping it isn't as dog punch bad as reviewed here.
I also like my dog and would never, ever punch him.
Unless he ate a slice of my pizza whilst I was taking a dump.
Then he can have it.
Somer_Himpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Aug 2013, 12:54   #7
scott_chegg
It's a tool.

scott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
My cat punches dogs all the time. He's flipping nails my cat.
My System: i5 2500K @ 4.7Ghz | MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz | Corsair H-50 Push-Pull with Silent Eagle 2000's | Silverstone Raven RV03 | EVGA 670 FTW | Dell SP2309W | Antec 750W TruePower Blue | Win 7 x64 | Crucial 64GB C300 for OS | Samsung 830 256GB for Active Games & a 1TB Samsung for Steam. Perphiperals: Roccat Kone+ Max V2 | CMStorm Quickfire Pro with Cherry Reds | Cyborg F.L.Y 5 stick for flying and a Logitech DF GT for driving.
scott_chegg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Aug 2013, 18:19   #8
abezors
Lurking since '08

abezors is definitely a rep cheat.abezors is definitely a rep cheat.abezors is definitely a rep cheat.abezors is definitely a rep cheat.abezors is definitely a rep cheat.abezors is definitely a rep cheat.abezors is definitely a rep cheat.abezors is definitely a rep cheat.abezors is definitely a rep cheat.abezors is definitely a rep cheat.abezors is definitely a rep cheat.
^ Agreed, Chaos Theory was by far the pinnacle. Conviction had it's moments, but definitely showed signs of a downward trend.

Sounds like they should have made Blacklist a prequel where the various plot points would make more sense (why would Fisher, uber-leader of a spy division, be out in the field doing what any trained Echelon spy could do..)
abezors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Aug 2013, 19:12   #9
fdbh96
I *am* a Dremel

fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I actually really enjoyed Conviction so I should imagine I'll enjoy this one too. Conviction also reminded me of Max Payne 3 which is one of the best games I've ever played
fdbh96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Aug 2013, 13:36   #10
Griffter
Supermodder

Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Conviction not the best. being a big fan of sam, conviction IMO was not splintercell. it is one a my fav titles that year, but they could have made it into a new franchise and another character maybe, and i think would have been much better received.

splintercell is about feeling like a secret spy ninja and not a run and gun tough guy. this preview also never said anything about if its going back to the roots like they said it would. by the sounds of it, they giving us back all the gadgets but the gameplay of conviction. bit sad about that.

i want the game to be like the bank level in Chaos Theory.. now thats splintercell!
Griffter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Aug 2013, 08:50   #11
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
Chaos Theory is one of those defining moments in my games history... Wonderful game!

This sounds rather... Dull in comparison, and don't get me started on Conviction.
Old 13th Aug 2013, 00:30   #12
scott_chegg
It's a tool.

scott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Just finished conviction. I really enjoyed it.
My System: i5 2500K @ 4.7Ghz | MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz | Corsair H-50 Push-Pull with Silent Eagle 2000's | Silverstone Raven RV03 | EVGA 670 FTW | Dell SP2309W | Antec 750W TruePower Blue | Win 7 x64 | Crucial 64GB C300 for OS | Samsung 830 256GB for Active Games & a 1TB Samsung for Steam. Perphiperals: Roccat Kone+ Max V2 | CMStorm Quickfire Pro with Cherry Reds | Cyborg F.L.Y 5 stick for flying and a Logitech DF GT for driving.
scott_chegg is online now   Reply With Quote