bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 1st Aug 2013, 09:17   #1
Meanmotion
bleh

Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.
Lian Li PC-Q28 Review

We take a look at Lian Li's tiny mini-ITX case that can house an ATX PSU, dual-slot 29cm graphics card and 5.25in drive.
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cas...c-q28-review/1
Meanmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Aug 2013, 09:58   #2
koaschten
What's a Dremel?

koaschten has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
http://images.bit-tech.net/content_i...-1280x1024.jpg

Why didn't you properly seat the PSU?
koaschten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Aug 2013, 10:27   #3
phinix
Say it! Who's your dremel?!

phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.
I like it. VERY nice case. Lots of potential for modding. Watercooling too. Imagine it with small ST45 PSU.... nice....
star citizen :::
ARBITER: Origin Jumpworks 325A LTI
phinix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Aug 2013, 11:04   #4
faugusztin
I *am* the guy with two left hands

faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
So in short it is PC-Q08 with a different front (PC-Q28 covered the front fan, the fan has to draw the air from the bottom instead; the ports got relocated to the side), board mount holes are on two aluminum bars instead of the side panel and they added the bottom HDD mount thingy, which gets thrown out on at first build anyway . And they didn't fixed the biggest issue with these cases - 8 of those damn small screws per panel .
Old 1st Aug 2013, 13:53   #5
Floyd
Wire Twister

Floyd has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This one only has 6 retarded screws on the side panel!
Its one thing I hate about my only Lian Li case.
Floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Aug 2013, 15:53   #6
Combatus
Custom PC/bit-tech modding sections

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by koaschten View Post
http://images.bit-tech.net/content_i...-1280x1024.jpg

Why didn't you properly seat the PSU?
Unfortunately one of the threads stripped on the PSU which meant the vertical mount (and gravity) were enough to make it droop ever so slightly. We only noticed it was slightly out of alignment afterwards. Sorry about that! Should not have impacted on the cooling results at all though.

As for screws - it's just one guys - the others hold the mounting pins in place

4th para -
Quote:
Thankfully it's just a single cross-head screw you have to contend with...
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?
Combatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Aug 2013, 16:07   #7
Meanmotion
bleh

Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combatus
As for screws - it's just one guys - the others hold the mounting pins in place

4th para -
Quote:
Thankfully it's just a single cross-head screw you have to contend with...
Apologies all round. I mistakenly changed this during subbing.
Meanmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Aug 2013, 17:40   #8
abezors
Lurking since '08

abezors is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.abezors is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.abezors is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.abezors is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.abezors is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.abezors is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.abezors is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.abezors is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.abezors is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.abezors is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.abezors is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
You're aware the case is "a fingerprint magnet" but didn't think to wipe them off for the photos! Looks like someone's been eating Doritos before the shoot...
abezors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Aug 2013, 19:28   #9
SuicideNeil
I'm insane, not stupid.

SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.
Last paragraph:

Quote:
the cooling on offer isn't really up to scratch and you're system will be hotter...
Your*
Old 1st Aug 2013, 23:02   #10
wafflesomd
I *am* a Dremel

wafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysis
As far as cooling design goes that case looks awful. They should have flipped the psu and added air intake on the side panel.
wafflesomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Aug 2013, 09:40   #11
fluxtatic
Supermodder

fluxtatic has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
If I were building a low- to medium-end build, why the hell would I splash out on a Lian-Li case?
fluxtatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Aug 2013, 09:58   #12
faugusztin
I *am* the guy with two left hands

faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wafflesomd View Post
As far as cooling design goes that case looks awful. They should have flipped the psu and added air intake on the side panel.
That case exists. It is called PC-Q08 :
http://www.lian-li.com/en/dt_portfolio/pc-q08/
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cas...pc-q08-review/ (not sure why was the side panel turned around in that review)
Old 2nd Aug 2013, 19:51   #13
wafflesomd
I *am* a Dremel

wafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by faugusztin View Post
That case exists. It is called PC-Q08 :
http://www.lian-li.com/en/dt_portfolio/pc-q08/
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cas...pc-q08-review/ (not sure why was the side panel turned around in that review)
Awesome. Way to go bit-tech mounting that panel wrong lol.
wafflesomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Aug 2013, 21:27   #14
wolfticket
Downwind from the bloodhounds

wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxtatic
If I were building a low- to medium-end build, why the hell would I splash out on a Lian-Li case?
Low to medium end performance wise doesn't necessarily mean low to medium end in other respects.

You may want a small system that, while not requiring a high performance, is in a prominent place. So you want it to look good and fit in with it's environment, which might mean spending an above average proportion of the overall budget on a high quality case.

"A facility for quotation covers the absence of original thought."
Dorothy L. Sayers (1893 - 1957)
wolfticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Aug 2013, 17:35   #15
rollo
I Mod, Therefore I Own

rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.
Pretty much what wolf says is correct.

Ive built htpc builds with much more expensive cases than the components in them in the main of things.
rollo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Aug 2013, 05:01   #16
SchizoFrog
Hypermodder

SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Hmmm... While I can see the points of both Rollo and Wolf I don't agree with them. Even if I was only going to use low to mid range components for the build if I was spending that much on a case I would want it to still be able to handle high end components for a potential upgrade at a later date. I would want my case to handle anything I may throw at it while it is sat there looking nice as I would hope my case would out live several rebuilds, with maybe the exception of the PSU and possibly storage components.
There are plenty of perfectly good and well built cases out there for a lot less that look just a nice as the Lian-Li that are sufficient if you are only using low to mid range components.
Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit)
SchizoFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Aug 2013, 07:08   #17
Xir
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.
I wonder why all the companies are concentrating on mini-ITX and letting out Micro-ATX which is just a smidge bigger but you actually get gamer and enthusiast boards for it.

This one maybe isn't but most mini-ITX cases would be big enough anyway.
X1800XT 512mb Sapphire
200GB Samsung SP2004C 24" Asus something 1920x1080
Xir is offline   Reply With Quote