bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 2nd Aug 2013, 11:23   #1
Meanmotion
bleh

Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.
Asrock Z87 Extreme3 Review

We check out Asrock's entry-level enthusiast Z87 motherboard, the Extreme3.
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/201...reme3-review/1
Meanmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Aug 2013, 11:30   #2
do_it_anyway
Supermodder

do_it_anyway has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldo_it_anyway has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
77% and a damning conclusion saying there is little to recommend it.

Then a nice big Bit-Tech APPROVED!! badge.
do_it_anyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Aug 2013, 17:17   #3
Somer_Himpson
Banned

Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.
Why not recommend it with the review wording and the score and then say it is approved?
Total contradiction.
Somer_Himpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Aug 2013, 20:13   #4
murraynt
I Mod, Therefore I Own

murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
These are much better value in the states. I got my extreme 4 for something like $120
I5 2500K @ 4.8ghz l MSI GD53l 8GB corsair 1600mhz l Asus 5870 v2 NZXT Phantom Red l Zalman X10 Quiet l 60GB Crucial M4l F3 1TB Spinner l X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty l 700Watt Thermaltake l Samsung IPS231 l
Steam: murraynt
murraynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Aug 2013, 20:34   #5
Elton
Proud Model M User

Elton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somer_Himpson View Post
Why not recommend it with the review wording and the score and then say it is approved?
Total contradiction.
I think because the board isn't necessarily bad as it is just average. You can't really go wrong nowadays on Z87.

I somewhat miss the days of finicky NF4 and absurdly bad NF5 boards. And of course good old SiS and Via boards.
Old 4th Aug 2013, 14:51   #6
S1W1
Multimodder

S1W1 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitS1W1 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitS1W1 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitS1W1 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitS1W1 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitS1W1 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitS1W1 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitS1W1 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitS1W1 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitS1W1 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitS1W1 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by do_it_anyway

I presume the approved badge is a mistake?
AMD X6 1090T OC @ 3.75GHZ | Corsair H50 cooler | 8GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHZ | Asus M4N98TD Evo Motherboard | Gigabyte GTX 670 2GB OC| XFX 750W Black Edition PSU | Samsung 1TB Spinpoint F3 HDD | 300GB WD Velociraptor | Samsung 840 250GB SSD | NZXT Hades mid tower with red LEDS and engraved side panels | Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit | Asus Xonar DX |
=== Alienware M11X R3 laptop ===
S1W1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Aug 2013, 08:28   #7
LightningPete
Diagnosis: ARMAII-Holic

LightningPete has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by do_it_anyway View Post

I think if you read a little slower and carefully this is perhaps why

"itís important to remember that the margins between boards are incredibly slim. Even at stock the biggest difference between it and a board more than twice its price is just seven per cent, and when overclocked this dropped to no more than two per cent, even with the 100MHz peak-overclock handicap. "

The fact that it costs HALF as much and gets almost the same performance is a pretty good thing in most peoples books, given we want spanking new systems but MOST of us dont have the wallet to expand on this. The price and performance of ASROCKs have suddenly become something that we would ***** our ears upto where it used to be for really cheap end computing.
LightningPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Aug 2013, 08:30   #8
LightningPete
Diagnosis: ARMAII-Holic

LightningPete has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
prik our ears upto*
LightningPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Aug 2013, 12:26   #9
bawjaws
Hypermodder

bawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Perhaps someone from Bit would like to comment on the apparent disconnect between a score of 77% and the "Approved" award?

I get that most Z87 boards appear to be pretty much of a muchness when it comes to performance, so differentiation on performance isn't really an issue. However, this board doesn't score so well for features or value, so why is it "Approved"? Given that the MSI Z87-G45 Gaming outscores this board on performance, features and value (with an overall score of 85%), and is about 10% cheaper to boot, why does the Asrock get the same Approved award when it's an inferior product according to all of Bit-Tech's metrics?
bawjaws is online now   Reply With Quote