bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 13th Aug 2013, 08:16   #1
Meanmotion
bleh

Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.
Xbox One will work without Kinect

Microsoft has changed its mind about the Xbox One requiring the Kinect to be plugged in at all times to work properly.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...thout-kinect/1
Meanmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Aug 2013, 08:26   #2
CrazyJoe
Ultramodder

CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
They must be worried about pre-order numbers to make yet another u-turn.
CrazyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Aug 2013, 08:35   #3
Snips
I can do dat, giz a job

Snips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming Saiyan
No, they've listened to feedback as the article says.
Snips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Aug 2013, 08:46   #4
CrazyJoe
Ultramodder

CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snips View Post
No, they've listened to feedback as the article says.
Sounds legit.
CrazyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Aug 2013, 08:46   #5
Harlequin
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Harlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming Saiyan
read elsewhere a number of child protection concerns in the EU have been raised - along the lines of ` so this device can record a 10 year old girl getting changed in her bedroom then`.
Old 13th Aug 2013, 08:48   #6
Snips
I can do dat, giz a job

Snips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Again, they've listened to feedback as the article says.
Snips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Aug 2013, 09:02   #7
Griffter
Supermodder

Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
"several people had expressed concern..." hahahahahahahahahahha good one to start the day off with!
Griffter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Aug 2013, 10:14   #8
edzieba
Supermodder

edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.
'Feedback' in this case, being the fiscal sort.
edzieba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Aug 2013, 10:17   #9
Elton
Proud Model M User

Elton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming Saiyan
It's interesting that their strategy now seems to revolve around making awful and terrible PR and then later redacting and rectifying it.

Not the best approach but apparently people are still pre-ordering these boxes.
Old 13th Aug 2013, 10:34   #10
SchizoFrog
Hypermodder

SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Don't be so cynical about these reports. The average person who is likely to buy this console and make up the vast majority of the XBox One's market is not a serious gamer. They don't follow these websites and don't even see these stories/articles, let alone read them. For them it will all come down to the BIG marketing schemes Sony and MS use around launch time. They will buy the console and subsequently the games that they see advertised on TV and in their favourite (non-gaming) magazines.

Maybe Sony are also making plenty of changes but are deciding to do their laundry behind closed doors rather than in public like MS.

Anyway, my money is staying firmly in my pocket until I see a reason to spend it and that reason will be based on the unit's features and games... not media or marketing hype or bullshit.
Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit)
SchizoFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Aug 2013, 11:25   #11
Elton
Proud Model M User

Elton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizoFrog View Post
Don't be so cynical about these reports. The average person who is likely to buy this console and make up the vast majority of the XBox One's market is not a serious gamer. They don't follow these websites and don't even see these stories/articles, let alone read them. For them it will all come down to the BIG marketing schemes Sony and MS use around launch time. They will buy the console and subsequently the games that they see advertised on TV and in their favourite (non-gaming) magazines.

Maybe Sony are also making plenty of changes but are deciding to do their laundry behind closed doors rather than in public like MS.

Anyway, my money is staying firmly in my pocket until I see a reason to spend it and that reason will be based on the unit's features and games... not media or marketing hype or bullshit.
Knowing my timeframe and schedule. I wouldn't have enough time as it is.
Old 13th Aug 2013, 11:35   #12
Woollster00
Modder

Woollster00 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Lol another day another U Turn for Microflop can't believe how bad they screwed up this console launch they don't have a hope in hell coming out on top by the end of Q4 this year.
Woollster00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Aug 2013, 12:21   #13
lacuna
Supermodder

lacuna has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
'It makes gaming better in many ways, from the ability to say "Xbox On" and get right to your personalised home screen to the ability to control your TV through voice, Smartglass and more,'
That is how sci-fi films expected we would want to interact with technology but its actually really awkward and unnatural. Using a physical controller feels much more comfortable, in my opinion anyway.
lacuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Aug 2013, 12:27   #14
fix-the-spade
Hypermodder

fix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyan
This is the precursor to a Kinect free version of the hardware selling for $400 or $350. Microsoft are reportedly getting hammered by the pre-order numbers for Xbone (lack there of) and they're making moves to salvage the situation.
That's what I expect to happen anyway.
fix-the-spade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Aug 2013, 12:43   #15
Corky42
Mod Master

Corky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snips View Post
Again, they've listened to feedback as the article says.
No where does the article mention listening to feedback, sure they say "we all understood" but no matter how many times i have read it i cant find "listened to feedback", care to point it out where it says that !

Are they real that out of touch with their customers that they have to do so many U-turns because of "features" people don't like ?
Corky42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Aug 2013, 13:11   #16
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Microsoft is damned if it does, damned if it doesn't. If it ignores user complaints, it is stubborn, arrogant, ignorant. If it listens to user complaints it is inconsistent, making u-turns, ignorant.

OK then, what would you like Microsoft to do? Get it perfect first time? Does Apple? Does Google? Does Sony?

I think consumers need to decide what sort of behaviour they want to reinforce in companies. I for one prefer one that listens to the users and changes things if necessary.
Nexxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Aug 2013, 13:11   #17
Platinum
Multimodder

Platinum has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The average gamer will buy this because they already have a 360 and dont want to chuck away 8 years of Gamerscore

Me ill buy what ever my mates get.
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Aug 2013, 13:15   #18
XXAOSICXX
Supermodder

XXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexxo
Microsoft is damned if it does, damned if it doesn't. If it ignores user complaints, it is stubborn, arrogant, ignorant. If it listens to user complaints it is inconsistent, making u-turns, ignorant.

OK then, what would you like Microsoft to do? Get it perfect first time? Does Apple? Does Google? Does Sony?

I think consumers need to decide what sort of behaviour they want to reinforce in companies. I for one prefer one that listens to the users and changes things if necessary.
QFT. +1
XXAOSICXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Aug 2013, 13:37   #19
Corky42
Mod Master

Corky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I get the damned if they do, damned if they don't argument. But these things, DRM, peoples concerns about surveillance, etc, etc have been around for years, that they didn't research or think about these thing before the reveal begs the question why not.
Corky42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Aug 2013, 13:57   #20
Instagib
Ultramodder

Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.
I think it's genius of Microsoft actually. They can test the waters with decisions which are maybe abit controversial, then leave themselves enough room to do a u-turn if needs be. In the mean time, we're all talking about Microsoft.

Silverstone TJ07|Rampage 3 Extreme | i7 950 @ 4.0 | 12Gb Corsair DDR3 1600mhz | EVGA GTX680 | Akasa 1000W Powermax | 480 rad; all under water
Instagib is offline   Reply With Quote