bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 27th Aug 2013, 09:18   #1
Meanmotion
bleh

Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.
EA planning free-to-play mechanics for every major franchise

Electronic Arts is to introduce free-to-play and online connectivity features to all of its major franchises.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...-for-every-m/1
Meanmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Aug 2013, 09:28   #2
DBA
I do my modding with a spoon

DBA has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
What a brilliant idea for a company that is known for it's shitty servers!
DBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Aug 2013, 10:02   #3
Corky42
Mod Master

Corky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Well they must be making money from microtransaction, other wise why would they be heading down this road ?
Corky42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Aug 2013, 10:28   #4
MSHunter
Mod Master

MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.
wonder if it will be more Dead space 3 or NFS World Free to play?

PC Audio: AKG 271 mk II + Samson Go mic. + Asus Xonar D2X
Amp: DENON PMA510AE, Speakers: TANNOY MERCURY F1
MSHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Aug 2013, 10:31   #5
Hustler
Supermodder

Hustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for president
There will only be one winner from this move...and it won't be the consumer.
Hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Aug 2013, 10:43   #6
rollo
I Mod, Therefore I Own

rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.
Consumer has never been EAs priority not sure how this will change that.

I dont mind free to play games, Marvel heros is awesome game and its free to play you can buy heros sure or you can earn them ingame choice is entirely yours. No content is restricted or anything everything can drop ingame that you can aquire in the store.

Look at league of legends has the most active players of any game in the world and its free to play.
rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Aug 2013, 11:06   #7
greypilgers
Supermodder

greypilgers can run Crysisgreypilgers can run Crysisgreypilgers can run Crysisgreypilgers can run Crysisgreypilgers can run Crysisgreypilgers can run Crysisgreypilgers can run Crysisgreypilgers can run Crysisgreypilgers can run Crysisgreypilgers can run Crysis
So no offline games means a game type that isn't particularly well-suited to free-to-play online multiplayer (despite being an excellent single player offline experience) simply won't get made by EA?

Why close doors unnecessarily?

Bungletron, I salute you!
greypilgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Aug 2013, 11:28   #8
Corky42
Mod Master

Corky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Or it will get made, and microtransaction, stats tracking, and achievements will be shoe horned into it.
Corky42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Aug 2013, 12:49   #9
Pierre3400
Minimodder

Pierre3400 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
If it works, all good, but personally I dont how this would work out for the better.

I play Theme Park on my iPad, crashes at least once every 20mins due to server connection error. Sim City, please dont get me started on server issues there.

Its just not a good idea for EA with the tracking history of server issues they are pulling along with them.
Pierre3400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Aug 2013, 13:15   #10
edzieba
Supermodder

edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.
"EA shoots own foot, frantically attempts to reload before other foot can escape".
edzieba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Aug 2013, 13:17   #11
mi1ez
Game Boy Modder

mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
I for one am assuming the vast majority of games will be pay-to-win since this is EA...
Old 27th Aug 2013, 14:11   #12
sotu1
Ex-Modder

sotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Looking at the forums at the number of ppl who play World of Tanks, Hawken, LoL, DOTA.....

FIFA Ultimate team is a free to play element, can be played without MTX and people spend hundreds on that and don't bat an eyelid. I think it's fine so long as it's done right.

I suspect BF4 will be pay to get double XP or pay for battlepacks, all of which can be unlocked in game anyway.
Old 27th Aug 2013, 14:27   #13
thom804
Multimodder

thom804 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Well thanks for completely alienating the merchant marine industry as our internet is sketchy at the absolute best!
Asus P67 Sabertooth // Intel 2500k @4.6ghz // 8gb Corsair Vengeance @1600 // XFX 7870 2GB DD edition // 60GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD // 2 x 1TB Samsung F3 HDD // Gelid Tranquillo // Corsair HX 750w PSU // Silverstone FT02B-W
thom804 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Aug 2013, 14:46   #14
Fizzban
Man of Many Typos

Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.
EA please don't ruin Dragon Age 3...please.

To win the battle, is to be prepared to die - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFlames View Post
Asking to pick between the main parties is like asking which testicle you want to be kicked in, you're gonna get kicked the nuts whoever you pick... Just have to hope whoever you pick aren't wearing steelies...
Fizzban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Aug 2013, 14:48   #15
rollo
I Mod, Therefore I Own

rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.
Sim city showed EA a route it could effectively head, it sold millions despite the issues and is basically unpiratable due to most of the game been on a server.

Diablo 3 could be played offline if it was setup that way but blizzard dumped all AI and most of the maps on there servers instead. Making the game unpiratable.

The future of pc gaming maybe in this model. It may alienate a few people but the facts are people are buying the games still.

Gonna take more than a few forums for EA or any other publisher to take notice.

Free to play league or world in tanks style is fine by me and a few million others it seems.
rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Aug 2013, 15:15   #16
Blademrk
Why so serious?

Blademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Plants Vs Zombies 2 wasn't too bad, you could at least complete it without dipping into your pocket unless you really wanted those few plants (which were far to expensive at nearly £2 each) which you couldn't unlock during play.

My X-Box Live gamertag, PSN, Steam & Nintendo ID is BladeMrk
Blademrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Aug 2013, 15:30   #17
Bluephoenix
Spoon? What spoon?

Bluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for president
Please don't F*** up Mirror's Edge 2.... That is all
Bluephoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Aug 2013, 16:17   #18
Pookie
Shirty is an absolute legend

Pookie is a Super Spamming SaiyanPookie is a Super Spamming SaiyanPookie is a Super Spamming SaiyanPookie is a Super Spamming SaiyanPookie is a Super Spamming SaiyanPookie is a Super Spamming SaiyanPookie is a Super Spamming SaiyanPookie is a Super Spamming SaiyanPookie is a Super Spamming SaiyanPookie is a Super Spamming SaiyanPookie is a Super Spamming Saiyan
My dad has wanted to own BF2BC Vietnam for ages! (i let him use my steam account). Is it likely that will be free to play?
Fractal R4/ GA-X58A-UD3R / Corsair RM850/ Westmere Xeon X5650 2.66Ghz Hex core / Corsair H60 (2013 Model) with 2 x Corsair SP120 / Corsair Force GT 120 SSD /Sapphire R9 290X / 12GB (3x4GB)Corsair Dominator 1600mhz with Airflow Kit / AOC i2757fm 27" IPS Monitor/ Razer Lachesis.
Rotel RA-02 Amplifier/ B&W DM601 S3/ QED XT350 With Airlock plugs/All QED Interconnects.

http://www.compucare.co.uk/
Pookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Aug 2013, 16:51   #19
XXAOSICXX
Supermodder

XXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie
My dad has wanted to own BF2BC Vietnam for ages! (i let him use my steam account). Is it likely that will be free to play?
I think you mean BFBC2
XXAOSICXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Aug 2013, 16:53   #20
sub routine
Archie Gemel

sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Microsoft dump always online. Ea instigate it, wonder who's pushing the marketing dynamics? Looks like a sign of things to come to me.
sub routine is offline   Reply With Quote