bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 20th Sep 2013, 10:56   #1
Meanmotion
bleh

Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.
Grand Theft Auto V Review

GTA V is a great game, but it's not a very nice one.
http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/xbox-...uto-v-review/1
Meanmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Sep 2013, 11:08   #2
sotu1
Ex-Modder

sotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
£30? Where did you get this price from?!
Old 20th Sep 2013, 11:10   #3
Hustler
Hypermodder

Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
The vehicles have been tuned so they no longer handle like a block of lard on a bed of marbles

..if that's the case then one of the obstacles to me ever purchasing another GTA title has been removed.

Playing through GTA IV became too much of a battle against appalling controls and vehicle handling, causing me to repeatedly fail missions, in the end I just didn't have the time or patience to try and master it, so gave up.

The only time I load up the game now is when I want to go for a wander after installing a new mod or graphics filter.

I suppose a PC version will turn up...eventually.
Hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Sep 2013, 11:16   #4
sotu1
Ex-Modder

sotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustler
Quote:
The vehicles have been tuned so they no longer handle like a block of lard on a bed of marbles

..if that's the case then one of the obstacles to me ever purchasing another GTA title has been removed.

Playing through GTA IV became too much of a battle against appalling controls and vehicle handling, causing me to repeatedly fail missions, in the end I just didn't have the time or patience to try and master it, so gave up.

The only time I load up the game now is when I want to go for a wander after installing a new mod or graphics filter.

I suppose a PC version will turn up...eventually.
I had the exact same reservations and in honesty I think it still does feel that way. I couldn't find any settings to adjust the sensitivity on PS3 so no choice but to get used to sliding about. I even failed the first few driving missions a few times because of this. However, it does allow for you to weave in and out of traffic when making a getaway. Just something you gotta get used to.
Old 20th Sep 2013, 11:31   #5
alf-
Multimodder

alf- has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Odd review, almost felt like you went out of your way to dislike aspects of the game.

"Meanwhile, the non-mission stuff still doesn't feel like it matters all that much. Sure, you can play tennis, or go hunting, or get drunk and play in traffic, and the mechanics, animations, and environments for doing all those things in are amazing, but none of it has any sense of meaningfulness"

SRSLY meaningfulness? you're looking for meaningfulness when you're dicking around in GTA?
alf- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Sep 2013, 11:54   #6
Meanmotion
bleh

Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sotu1
£30? Where did you get this price from?!
Sorry, copy and paste error. Corrected.
Meanmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Sep 2013, 13:02   #7
julianmartin
resident cyborg.

julianmartin is definitely a rep cheat.julianmartin is definitely a rep cheat.julianmartin is definitely a rep cheat.julianmartin is definitely a rep cheat.julianmartin is definitely a rep cheat.julianmartin is definitely a rep cheat.julianmartin is definitely a rep cheat.julianmartin is definitely a rep cheat.julianmartin is definitely a rep cheat.julianmartin is definitely a rep cheat.julianmartin is definitely a rep cheat.
A little on the harsh side perhaps, but hey it's a review piece. I do see what you mean that the world is incredibly derogatory of...well, the world. Is it no longer satire though? I'm not sure about that.

As for the driving - don't understand the issues there at all, I think it handles really well, and much better than IV. Fly helicopters however, now that's a different story.

Core i7 930||Asus P6X58D-E||12GB XMS3||64GB M4||570GTX||Define R3
julianmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Sep 2013, 13:11   #8
TheStockBroker
King Battletoad

TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by julianmartin View Post
Fly helicopters however, now that's a different story.
In defence, it improves greatly with flight skill!
Old 20th Sep 2013, 13:20   #9
CrazyJoe
Ultramodder

CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meanmotion View Post
Sorry, copy and paste error. Corrected.
Now it's £49.50. Where do you buy your games?
CrazyJoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Sep 2013, 13:24   #10
Parge
ITX FTW

Parge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Oh, I thought I was on BT rather than RPS. I don't know/haven't heard of a single girl that will be playing this, so I donít know how denying 51% of the population a female character to play with is an issue. More like 1% of the playerbase - and nothing in the entire history of the world can cater to 100% of the population.

Its an 18, so anyone playing it should have a reasonably developed sense of right and wrong, and equal societal rights for both genders, and if they havenít then I doubt one game is going to change their opinion in either direction. If kiddies are playing it, well, then its really up to the parents to police that, and bring them up as decent, balanced people, able to make a informed opinion on these types of issues.

Parvum ITX - 3570k - GTX 970 - Asus P8Z77-I - 8GB 1866 - 256GB SSD - 480GB SSD - H80 - 450W SFX

29" Ultrawide, Oculus Rift & X52 Pro
Parge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Sep 2013, 13:31   #11
Roskoken
Multimodder

Roskoken is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Roskoken is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Roskoken is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Roskoken is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Roskoken is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Roskoken is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Roskoken is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Roskoken is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Roskoken is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Roskoken is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Roskoken is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
"Meanwhile, the non-mission stuff still doesn't feel like it matters all that much. Sure, you can play tennis...."

What???

Like when you destroy a rival corporations infrastructure so the shares tank and you can make a killing from the stock market?

Seems to me a lot of the "non-mision" stuff you can do matters quite a lot.

And the dialogue scripts are ****ing immense.
Roskoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Sep 2013, 13:36   #12
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parge View Post
I don't know/haven't heard of a single girl that will be playing this, so I donít know how denying 51% of the population a female character to play with is an issue. More like 1% of the playerbase - and nothing in the entire history of the world can cater to 100% of the population.
I know a group of 4 girls who all queued up together to buy it at midnight. My Mrs has also expressed an interest.

If the driving is significantly improved I may well pick this up on console, but I'm going to try and hold out for a PC version. I can't imagine it'll be too long.
Old 20th Sep 2013, 13:46   #13
guvnar
Modder

guvnar has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
PC version please, Rockstar!

Now... if it's not too much trouble!
guvnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Sep 2013, 13:46   #14
liratheal
Sharing is caring

liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskoken View Post
Like when you destroy a rival corporations infrastructure so the shares tank and you can make a killing from the stock market?
Wait wait wait.

Can you actually do that of your own volition, or is it a scripted event side quest affair?
Focus RS Mk1; Build number 1506
liratheal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Sep 2013, 13:52   #15
jrs77
theorycrafting

jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
If it wasn't for the controls this game might actually be fun to play. But with these crappy controls it's not worth a dime.

The whole system is way to indirect and clumsy. What GTA needs is fast and responsive FPS-controls.

Stop using your smartphone as much and look up!
jrs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Sep 2013, 13:52   #16
Guinevere
Mega Mom

Guinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Is it really misogynistic or is just a brash loud (violent) game about brash loud (violent / criminal) men doing some brash loud (violent / criminal) things? Do the characters treat the female NPCs any worse than they treat the male?

I see games like this in the same was I see movies like Reservoir Dogs. Yes they're male focused but then so what?

Anyway I'm off now to play a computer game made just for girls...

I'm stuck on the final level of "Fried Green Tomatoes At The Whistlestop Cafe III". I've unlocked Sipsey but for the life of me I can't find the cast iron frying pan to smack Frank upside the head!

It's a way better game than Little Women 2 and may even be better than some of the Bridget Jones DLC.
Guinevere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Sep 2013, 13:55   #17
RickLane
Staff
bit-tech Staff

RickLane is definitely a rep cheat.RickLane is definitely a rep cheat.RickLane is definitely a rep cheat.RickLane is definitely a rep cheat.RickLane is definitely a rep cheat.RickLane is definitely a rep cheat.RickLane is definitely a rep cheat.RickLane is definitely a rep cheat.RickLane is definitely a rep cheat.RickLane is definitely a rep cheat.RickLane is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parge View Post
Oh, I thought I was on BT rather than RPS. I don't know/haven't heard of a single girl that will be playing this, so I donít know how denying 51% of the population a female character to play with is an issue. More like 1% of the playerbase - and nothing in the entire history of the world can cater to 100% of the population.
I'm sorry to hear that you don't know any women who play GTA, that must be very hard. I feel obliged to introduce you to one. She reviewed it, actually and enjoyed it even more than I did.
RickLane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Sep 2013, 13:55   #18
longweight
Possibly Longbeard.

longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.
What on earth was wrong with the steering in the previous games? I loved the car handling!
longweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Sep 2013, 14:13   #19
RickLane
Staff
bit-tech Staff

RickLane is definitely a rep cheat.RickLane is definitely a rep cheat.RickLane is definitely a rep cheat.RickLane is definitely a rep cheat.RickLane is definitely a rep cheat.RickLane is definitely a rep cheat.RickLane is definitely a rep cheat.RickLane is definitely a rep cheat.RickLane is definitely a rep cheat.RickLane is definitely a rep cheat.RickLane is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyJoe View Post
Now it's £49.50. Where do you buy your games?
I checked Amazon this morning and it was £49.50. I checked it again after you posted this and it's now £44. I think someone is playing a practical joke on me. Is it you? You rotter.
RickLane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Sep 2013, 14:21   #20
CrazyJoe
Ultramodder

CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickLane View Post
I checked Amazon this morning and it was £49.50. I checked it again after you posted this and it's now £44. I think someone is playing a practical joke on me. Is it you? You rotter.
It's not in stock at Amazon, the price keeps changing as it's the marketplace sellers you are looking at.
CrazyJoe is online now   Reply With Quote