bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 30th Sep 2013, 11:45   #1
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Ministry of Defence unveils Joint Cyber Unit

Decides digital offence is the best defence.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/bits/20...t-cyber-unit/1
Gareth Halfacree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Sep 2013, 12:31   #2
Dave Lister
Hypermodder

Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I've got a bad feeling about this.
Main Rig:Case: BitFenix Prodigy, Motherboard: MSI Z97I Gaming, CPU: Intel i7 4790K, RAM: 16Gb 2400Mhz Kingston HyperX Beast GPU: MSI GTX 970 Gaming, Primary HDD: 256Gb Samsung 850 Pro, Games Drive: 1Tb Toshiba SSHD, Cooler: Corsair H105, OS: Win 7 - 64
HTPC:Case: Gutted out VCR, Motherboard: Asus AT5IONT-I, CPU: Intel Atom D525 @ 1.94Ghz, RAM: 4Gb 1333Mhz Kingston GPU: Nvidia Ion 2, Primary HDD: Hitachi 500Gb, Optical Drive: NEC ND-6500A Laptop Drive, OS: Win 8.1 32
Dave Lister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Sep 2013, 12:35   #3
PingCrosby
Supermodder

PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Ha, I used to play Bloodnet on the Amiga, I'll get round their Cyber defences
PingCrosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Sep 2013, 14:24   #4
himaro101
What's a Dremel?

himaro101 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by PingCrosby
Ha, I used to play Bloodnet on the Amiga, I'll get round their Cyber defences
remember, according to every film with any form of hacking, there is always the backdoor command that will give you full control of any system!

But on a more serious note, it's a fact that the battles will be fought online as well as offline. you could shut down vast swathes of the UK if you wanted to and had the resources to do it.

I just worry that the powers will be abused.
himaro101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Sep 2013, 14:26   #5
adrock
Caninus Nervous Rex

adrock is definitely a rep cheat.adrock is definitely a rep cheat.adrock is definitely a rep cheat.adrock is definitely a rep cheat.adrock is definitely a rep cheat.adrock is definitely a rep cheat.adrock is definitely a rep cheat.adrock is definitely a rep cheat.adrock is definitely a rep cheat.adrock is definitely a rep cheat.adrock is definitely a rep cheat.
This sounds like a bad movie. Like not even Asylum or SyFy, but straight to DVD, has that one old guy from an 80's TV show in it and some girl with a guest appearance in House as 'Girl with scissors through neck' as her only credit on imdb bad. It'd come out after a big budget movie called 'The Fifth Domain', and it's be called either 'The Sixth Domain' or 'Domain 5'.

can we have a poll for what should be added to that crest to represent space and 'cyber'. i'd like to nominate Dan Dare (the epitome of british space exploration and adventure), and Tim Berners Lee, stood either side of it.
Old 30th Sep 2013, 16:22   #6
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrock View Post
can we have a poll for what should be added to that crest to represent space and 'cyber'. i'd like to nominate Dan Dare (the epitome of british space exploration and adventure), and Tim Berners Lee, stood either side of it.
I second the motion. Bonus points if they have the Mekon whizzing off at the top-right shouting "Damn you, Dan Dare!"
Gareth Halfacree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Sep 2013, 19:35   #7
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by himaro101 View Post
remember, according to every film with any form of hacking, there is always the backdoor command that will give you full control of any system!
And remember: hacking involves 8-bit retro text graphics and rapid hammering on the keyboard --'cause the other side types fast too!

Quote:
Surely not?
Nexxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Oct 2013, 06:25   #8
Ghast
uh...

Ghast has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Dear UK,

America here, too late.

**** our lives,
-Citizens (re: subjects)
Ghast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Oct 2013, 10:29   #9
John_T
Supermodder

John_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrock
i'd like to nominate Dan Dare (the epitome of british space exploration and adventure), and Tim Berners Lee, stood either side of it.
Haha! I'm sure the libertarian Sir Tim Berners-Lee would love an entire offensive-warfare division associated with his face!

Anyway, if our military top-brass are anything like their cousins in the American military top-brass, (which I suspect many are) they'll probably just use the Star Trek symbol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...nterprise.html

"Live long and prosper people, (unless you're a commie or a fundamentalist of course...)."
John_T is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air force, army, cracker, cyber, cyber attack, cyber defence, cyber weapons, hacker, military, ministry of defence, mod, navy, philip hammond