bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 16th Oct 2013, 11:13   #1
Meanmotion
bleh

Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.
Project N.V. by Hans Peder Sahl (p0Pe)

P0Pe's latest project sees him mod the huge Caselabs Magnum TH10, adding some stunning water cooling.
http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/case...y-hans-peder/1
Meanmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Oct 2013, 15:35   #2
damien c
Mad FPS Gamer

damien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Only one word comes to mind

STUNNING!!!!!

I love the case but this makes those cases look even better.
damien c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Oct 2013, 20:36   #3
Somer_Himpson
Banned

Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.
About as ugly as it gets.
Somer_Himpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Oct 2013, 22:08   #4
faxiij
Multimodder

faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I love the interior, the watercooling in this build is mind-blowing. So creative, well thought-out and transformed into real-life. In the history of bit-tech and all other mods/cons I know of, in water-cooling aspects this is the best there is.

So huge props for that. For WC and the interior/innards overall.

As you might notice, I did not include the exterior. Which isn't horribly bad, but not much good either. It seems like all the funds/energy/creativity went into the WC/innards, so that nothing was left to create an near-equally stunning exterior. There is a lot of mesh with nothing behind it, in my opinion the water-reservoir could've been showcased much better and the drive/cardreader do look ugly in their surroundings - just to mention three examples from the top of my head.

Many small things, really, that sum up to be quite annoying, considering what a beauty is inside the otherwise rather bland looking case. And that is essentially my opinion - it is by any means a fantastic mod, but I can't stop thinking how much I hate that the interior is so awesome while the outside is quite disappointing.

So, p0pe, that means I got a wish for you - a huge gift you could make me (and many others probably) for Christmas, be it 2014, 2015, 2016 or whenever. Revisit this mod and give it a new shell. Pimp the hell out of that caselabs monster, or maybe build a con from scratch. And by pimping and I don't mean pimp-my-ride style. Rather something befitting, simple, sleek, elegant - just like those innards you created! I would looooooooove to see that happen some day!!!
faxiij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Oct 2013, 08:54   #5
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I kind of disagree. I think that leaving the exterior fairly minimalist focuses the attention on the water cooling setup. Doing more to the case would make it visually overwhelming.

I am a bit of a 'form follows function' guy as well, so I also feel that it does not need anything more.
Nexxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Oct 2013, 12:15   #6
The Bear
Multimodder

The Bear is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.The Bear is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.The Bear is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.The Bear is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.The Bear is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.The Bear is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.The Bear is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.The Bear is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.The Bear is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.The Bear is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.The Bear is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Awesome Build - Excellent
Old 21st Oct 2013, 20:05   #7
faxiij
Multimodder

faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexxo
I kind of disagree. I think that leaving the exterior fairly minimalist focuses the attention on the water cooling setup. Doing more to the case would make it visually overwhelming.

I am a bit of a 'form follows function' guy as well, so I also feel that it does not need anything more.
Kind of my point. Partly anyways. Imho the front in particular is not minimalist. It is all over the place. Different patterns, drives & i/o panel in one place, then another i/o panel in another place. The front looks (besides looking very stock, which I personally don't like much) confused, not-cleaned-up. It is visually overwhelming, to me.

I will add though, I am not a form follows function guy. I always seek to find the golden midway point, however with a tendency towards form. DVD? Hardly ever need it, thus at the back of my case. USB? Those in my Dell U2412M are plenty, so not at my casefront. Power & reset buttons? At the back too. I think you catch my drift.

Each to their own opinion, just wanting to clarify that I'd embrace a less cluttered front, not one with even more stuff all over the place - as an example.

Just to have it said once more, I love the build. The inside stuff is really top notch. Just not that convinced on the shell. I think something "along the lines of" Attila's Cygnus would've been appropriate (with some windows though, obviously, to showcase the inner beauty). Or the Sinus-Curve build.
faxiij is offline   Reply With Quote