bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 17th Oct 2013, 08:58   #1
Combatus
Custom PC/bit-tech modding sections

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
Asus Z87-A Motherboard Review

We take a look at one of Asus' more budget-conscious motherboards, the Z87-A
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/mot...z87-a-review/1
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?
Combatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Oct 2013, 09:27   #2
ZeDestructor
Multimodder

ZeDestructor has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
budget board.. and yet they spend extra to get PCI to PCI-E bridges on the boards....

Can't we just kill PCI already? If you need legacy connectors, pay for em.
ZeDestructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Oct 2013, 09:54   #3
r3loaded
Ultramodder

r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.
The Z87-G45 also has a Killer ethernet controller instead of Realtek which would also tip things in favour of the MSI (though personally Intel would be more than fine for me).
Main: Silverstone FT03 | Asus P8P67-M Pro | i5 2500K @ 4.6Ghz | CM 212+ | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon 7970 DD | 500GB Samsung 840 Evo | CM Silent Pro Gold 600W | Samsung XL2270HD | KBT Race (brown switches) | Sidewinder X8 | Arch Linux + Windows 8.1
Server: Asus M3N78-AM | Athlon II X3 400e | 4GB Corsair XMS2 | 4x 2TB Samsung F4EG (RAID-5) | LSI MegaRAID 8708EM2 | Corsair CX400 | Arch Linux
r3loaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Oct 2013, 13:01   #4
SchizoFrog
Hypermodder

SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Haswell seems to have killed inspiration with even motherboard makers. ASUS has long been known for it's excellent value as well as it's full on feature sets but their latest boards only seem to deliver when you have the pennies to pay for their red and black themed high end boards. All their other boards seem to underwhelm with performance and ASUS can't seem to be bothered to make them viable by making them competitive on the price front either.

Well done to MSI for their latest 'Dragon' based board designs but I just can't bring my self to trust them. For too long MSI have had a very hit and miss reputation on the quality and reliability fronts.

Haswell seems destined to become a quickly forgotten generation.
Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit)
SchizoFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Oct 2013, 08:04   #5
Xir
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.
Bravo for finally testing the "basic" Asus board.

Now if you could test the Gryphon, we've got a nice basis to start comparing.

This board. Not bad considering it's price. Weird that it's slower even when compared at stock speeds though.
I don't mind the missing buttons and such on the mobo, but the missing post-led is a shame, does it at least beep out errorcodes or something?
X1800XT 512mb Sapphire
200GB Samsung SP2004C 24" Asus something 1920x1080

Last edited by Xir; 19th Oct 2013 at 08:10.
Xir is offline   Reply With Quote