bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 18th Oct 2013, 09:52   #1
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Microsoft launches Remote Desktop app for iOS, Android

Full RemoteFX gesture support included.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/bits/20...soft-rdp-app/1
Gareth Halfacree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Oct 2013, 09:54   #2
longweight
Possibly Longbeard.

longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.
No Windows Phone 8 version?!
longweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Oct 2013, 10:26   #3
Gusseteer
What's a Dremel?

Gusseteer has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
That might explain why existing RDP apps become sluggish when used with Windows 8.1.
Gusseteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Oct 2013, 10:46   #4
faugusztin
I *am* the guy with two left hands

faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Works fine on my HTC One against XRDP running on my Ubuntu server .
Old 18th Oct 2013, 12:31   #5
alex101
Geek

alex101 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I can't make it work (I have no experience with remote desktoping at all). Can anyone find a tutorial for making it work? The MS help page seems fairly useless.
alex101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Oct 2013, 12:48   #6
blacko
Multimodder

blacko is definitely a rep cheat.blacko is definitely a rep cheat.blacko is definitely a rep cheat.blacko is definitely a rep cheat.blacko is definitely a rep cheat.blacko is definitely a rep cheat.blacko is definitely a rep cheat.blacko is definitely a rep cheat.blacko is definitely a rep cheat.blacko is definitely a rep cheat.blacko is definitely a rep cheat.
I use RDM+ for iOS. Does the job, however i may gave the M$ version a shot.
blacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Oct 2013, 13:49   #7
suenstar
Collector of Things

suenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Just gave it a little whirl for my work's remote environment on my Galaxy S3.
It works pretty decently right from the start, which compared to experiences with previous applications is quite a feat. It's also quite nippy at connecting compared to a few bloated ones out there.
Old 19th Oct 2013, 12:48   #8
fluxtatic
Supermodder

fluxtatic has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Perfect. I just had people at work asking how they could use tablets for work. They tend to get a bit of a distasteful look at the thought of spending money on an app for it (salespeople = cheap).

That it's from MS is actually a bonus - much as they might be in bed with the NSA, at least I can trust they aren't in bed with Nigerian or Russian scammers.
fluxtatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Oct 2013, 21:03   #9
stuartwood89
Please... Just call me Stu.

stuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Downloaded it, but can't get it to connect for some reason. I log in with my Microsoft account, I assume I use the same creds when setting up the connection on the app right? If so then there's something else I'm missing (and yeah RDP is enabled PC-side).

Project - Storm Scout Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Propane View Post
I thought Dragonforce were like a joke/troll rock band? Ya'know, like Nickelback?
stuartwood89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Oct 2013, 17:25   #10
adzc1987
Supermodder

adzc1987 has yet to learn the way of the Dremeladzc1987 has yet to learn the way of the Dremeladzc1987 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The review mentions some 3rd party ones are better. Does anyone have any suggestions for android? Ill give this a try but would be good to know what ones are also decent

Drop me a PM if you buy an account and I can share the reward with you

Arma3 - VOLCBAT - Realism without the bollocks!
adzc1987 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, ios, microsoft, rdp, remote control, remote desktop, remote desktop gateway, remotefx, smartphone, tablet, windows, windows 8, windows 8.1