bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 18th Oct 2013, 15:16   #1
Meanmotion
bleh

Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.
The Stanley Parable Review

You choose to read this review of a narration-focused adventure.
http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2013/...rable-review/1
Meanmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Oct 2013, 16:09   #2
SchizoFrog
Ultramodder

SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Both the demo and the game are available through Steam with the demo being free and the game currently having a 20% discount to make it only 7.99 (was 9.99).
Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit)

Last edited by SchizoFrog; 18th Oct 2013 at 16:21.
SchizoFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Oct 2013, 17:32   #3
wolfticket
Downwind from the bloodhounds

wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.
I actually stopped reading the review after the first line

I've played the demo and watched a play through of the original mod, but want to come at the full game fresh.

"A facility for quotation covers the absence of original thought."
Dorothy L. Sayers (1893 - 1957)
wolfticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Oct 2013, 09:43   #4
Somer_Himpson
Banned

Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.
Sounds ass
Somer_Himpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Oct 2013, 15:10   #5
DriftCarl
Supermodder

DriftCarl has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
OK after reading this review I went and got the demo. Honestly I don't get it. The narrator is witty and funny sometimes, but either they didn't get the feel for the game through the demo or the demo is a good representation of the game and I don't understand it.
The review mentioned choice, I didn't see any in the demo except staying in a room for a little longer pushing 8.
DriftCarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Oct 2013, 15:53   #6
faugusztin
I *am* the guy with two left hands

faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
In demo there is no choice. In game it is all about the choice. And consequences of those choice(s). Still, the demo is a good representation of the game - it the narrator, Stanley (you) and the enviroment.
Old 19th Oct 2013, 19:02   #7
wafflesomd
I *am* a Dremel

wafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysis
In before people with no imagination have the game go way above their heads....

Oh looks like I'm too late.
wafflesomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Oct 2013, 21:01   #8
oasked
Stuck in the Mud

oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.
Thanks for the heads-up - I enjoyed the demo, I still won't be buying the game though.

It was an amusing way to spend half-an-hour.
Old 20th Oct 2013, 14:18   #9
DriftCarl
Supermodder

DriftCarl has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I watched a stream of the game yesterday. The demo is not a good representation of the game as I suspected.
DriftCarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Oct 2013, 19:05   #10
Nutyy
Widden Palettes

Nutyy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Nutyy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Nutyy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Nutyy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Nutyy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Nutyy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Nutyy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Nutyy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Nutyy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Nutyy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Nutyy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Eight, eight, eight, 8.

The review was 8/10

I'm enjoying the full game and yes there is lots of choice.

I really only posted this as an excuse to spam eight. 8. 88888888!!!!
Old 20th Oct 2013, 19:13   #11
faugusztin
I *am* the guy with two left hands

faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutyy View Post
Nah, 430. And new age music .
Old 20th Oct 2013, 20:36   #12
Saivert
Supermodder

Saivert has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This guy deserve some money regardless of what you think of they game. I would have donated money if he didn't actually sell the game. We need more of this.
Old 23rd Oct 2013, 23:14   #13
mrbens
Supermodder

mrbens has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It should be called The Desmond Parable!
My SilverStone TJ07B PC: Haswell i5 4670K | MSI Z87-G45 Gaming mobo | 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | MSI GTX 760 Twin Frozr 2GB | Seasonic X-Series 750W PSU | Crucial M4 128GB SSD | Crucial M225 128GB SSD | OCZ Solid 3 120GB SSD
Sound: Epiphany Acoustics' E-DAC & O2 Heahphone Amp | Little Dot MK III Tube Headphone Amp | Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium 600ohm Headphones (music) | Onkyo HT-S3305B AV Receiver + 5.1 speakers (movies)
mrbens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Oct 2013, 17:17   #14
Bokonist
Minimodder

Bokonist should be considered for presidentBokonist should be considered for presidentBokonist should be considered for presidentBokonist should be considered for presidentBokonist should be considered for presidentBokonist should be considered for presidentBokonist should be considered for presidentBokonist should be considered for presidentBokonist should be considered for presidentBokonist should be considered for presidentBokonist should be considered for president
Played the Mod and absolutely loved it, very clever. Played the demo the other day and I thought it was great too, but there are references to the original mod and to the pre-release trailers as well, emotion-boothes anyone? Anyway I bought it for 7.99 on steam and felt a little guilty about not paying full price. I have a day off work tomorrow and I'm looking forward to a couple of play-throughs.
Bokonist is offline   Reply With Quote