bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 30th Oct 2013, 15:48   #1
Meanmotion
bleh

Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.
YoYoTech launches hand-crafted, engraved and water-cooled PCs

YoYoTech has entered the super-premium PC market with its highly modified XDNA Aurum 24K.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...engraved-and/1
Meanmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Oct 2013, 17:57   #2
Woodspoon
Supermodder

Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.
Somebody's having a laugh with that price.
I think most people who are going to spend that kind of money on a very high end system would want to build it themselves as well.
Woodspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Oct 2013, 18:19   #3
Gradius
IT Consultant

Gradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for president
I see no fun on this one, but yep, what a waste. They are crazy.
Gradius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Oct 2013, 18:43   #4
Hustler
Supermodder

Hustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodspoon
I think most people who are going to spend that kind of money on a very high end system would want to build it themselves as well.
Doubtful..I can see these sitting in those luxury apartments in Canary Wharf and the rest, where 8K is nothing, perhaps 1% of an annual bonus

Think of all those stressed out bankers, cash rich, time poor...this sort of pre built bling PC is just ideal for them...w8nkers.
Hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Oct 2013, 21:25   #5
Woodspoon
Supermodder

Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustler
Quote:
Doubtful..I can see these sitting in those luxury apartments in Canary Wharf and the rest, where 8K is nothing, perhaps 1% of an annual bonus

Think of all those stressed out bankers, cash rich, time poor...this sort of pre built bling PC is just ideal for them...w8nkers.
I see the point you're making but I seriously doubt that crowd would be aware of this sort of kit or where to get it and they're more likely to go to "generic well known high street store no1" and just buy the most expensive thing there they can see.
Woodspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Oct 2013, 21:26   #6
Maki role
Dale you're on a roll...

Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Somebody's having a laugh with that price.
I dunno, clearly a lot of time and thought has gone into this build and the components themselves will take a good chunk of that. Just throwing it into PCPartpicker shows that a similar build, without cooling would set you back around 4200, I would expect the cooling to add another 5-600 to that, so you're likely looking at 4800. Add another 100 for extra materials (sleeving isn't cheap, neither is all the plastic), custom routing, milling and cutting work is not cheap either, although the scale is minimal here, so maybe 100. That leaves 2979, and if we decide that labour is 15/hr (although it could well be 20-30 given the nature of the build) and you're looking at between 100 and 200 man hours to complete this rig from concept to finish.

I'll admit that sounds a little on the high side (time wise), but it's clearly a show piece and not a staple product. If you want a glitzy product for the front page of the website, this does a pretty good job tbh. It's basically advertising.
Maki role is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Oct 2013, 22:29   #7
AlexB
Web Nerd and WC Addict

AlexB is definitely a rep cheat.AlexB is definitely a rep cheat.AlexB is definitely a rep cheat.AlexB is definitely a rep cheat.AlexB is definitely a rep cheat.AlexB is definitely a rep cheat.AlexB is definitely a rep cheat.AlexB is definitely a rep cheat.AlexB is definitely a rep cheat.AlexB is definitely a rep cheat.AlexB is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maki role View Post
I dunno, clearly a lot of time and thought has gone into this build and the components themselves will take a good chunk of that. Just throwing it into PCPartpicker shows that a similar build, without cooling would set you back around 4200, I would expect the cooling to add another 5-600 to that, so you're likely looking at 4800. Add another 100 for extra materials (sleeving isn't cheap, neither is all the plastic), custom routing, milling and cutting work is not cheap either, although the scale is minimal here, so maybe 100. That leaves 2979, and if we decide that labour is 15/hr (although it could well be 20-30 given the nature of the build) and you're looking at between 100 and 200 man hours to complete this rig from concept to finish.

I'll admit that sounds a little on the high side (time wise), but it's clearly a show piece and not a staple product. If you want a glitzy product for the front page of the website, this does a pretty good job tbh. It's basically advertising.
15 an hour? Crikey. I'd not get out of bed for that.
Whenever I smell asphalt, I think of Maureen. That's the last sensation I had before I blacked out; that thick smell of asphalt. She said she'd fix my bike. Free. No strings attached. I shoulda've known then that things were never that simple. Yeah, when I think of Maureen, I think of two things: Asphalt, and trouble.
1: Intel I7 2600k, ASUS P67 Pro, 16gb Corsair, AMD 7970 (3gb), Corsair 256gb SSD
2: Intel I7 2600k, ASUS P67 Pro, 16gb Corsair, Nvidia 680GTX (4gb)
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Oct 2013, 23:07   #8
Maki role
Dale you're on a roll...

Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
Well given that's pretty bang on for the UK average, I felt it was a realistic bottom-line figure.
Maki role is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Oct 2013, 23:32   #9
andrew8200m
All of the hilarious

andrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Slower, a Titan down, in a mainstream corsair case...

Yes it looks nice but 1k more buys you so much more with an 8pack build.

That's not me saying "I'm at OcUK so ours is better" that's me stating the obvious.. It's pretty but it's hardly groundbreaking.
andrew8200m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Oct 2013, 23:57   #10
SchizoFrog
Ultramodder

SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Sorry to have a dig YoYo but I don't think I would throw that level of money at a company who had already folded, has only just come back from the dead and may not be around to offer support in 6 months time.
Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit)
SchizoFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Oct 2013, 12:44   #11
Thermolance
Multimodder

Thermolance is definitely a rep cheat.Thermolance is definitely a rep cheat.Thermolance is definitely a rep cheat.Thermolance is definitely a rep cheat.Thermolance is definitely a rep cheat.Thermolance is definitely a rep cheat.Thermolance is definitely a rep cheat.Thermolance is definitely a rep cheat.Thermolance is definitely a rep cheat.Thermolance is definitely a rep cheat.Thermolance is definitely a rep cheat.
SchizoFrog. Yes that is true. however Centerprise International Ltd has bought the Yoyotech brand.
If you look up Centerprise International you will see that it is a very large company that sees the potential in Yoyotech. So with a company like Centerprise International backing up Yoyotech then there should be no reason to be concerned if you purchase anything from us.
Centerprise has been around for 30 years so they know how to stick around.
Old 2nd Nov 2013, 17:47   #12
the_kille4
Chaos will rule da world.eventually

the_kille4 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I still prefer MDPC's modded TJ07 which has the same black and gold theme.
Speakers: Ceed 682F (Front) | Q Acoustics 2010i (Side) | Q Acoustics 1010i (Rear) | Q Acoustics 1000Ci (Center) | Q Acoustics 1000Si (Sub)
the_kille4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Nov 2013, 21:55   #13
Cobalt
Supermodder

Cobalt has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB
Well lucky you. I guess I should just sleep in instead of going to my 11/hour job.
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Nov 2013, 03:58   #14
Tulatin
The Froggy Poster

Tulatin has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Everything looks amazing, except for the copper plates on the GPU blocks. C'mon guys.
Tulatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Nov 2013, 12:21   #15
damien c
Mad FPS Gamer

damien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I wonder if all these builds are going to bring back the Custom PC's Dream PC Competition?

Either way it's a nice pc and with all the time and effort put in to it, I wouldn't say no to one if given it but I just couldn't justify buying one.

Good Job YoYoTech!
damien c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Dec 2013, 13:51   #16
seapanda
moobs r us

seapanda - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!seapanda - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!seapanda - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!seapanda - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!seapanda - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!seapanda - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!seapanda - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!seapanda - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!seapanda - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!seapanda - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!seapanda - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
What's the verdict on the less chi-chi versions, the XDNA's? I'm thinking about abandoning or sidelining my recently built DIY and going with a prebuilt watercooled.
seapanda is offline   Reply With Quote