bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 3rd Nov 2013, 18:03   #1
kier
-----------------

kier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for president
Minecraft Creeper MbK #finished and final pics#

New scratch build coming Having played two years on the Cars computer my son has a new addiction ... Just like his old man, building things.
Not PCs(not yet) but Minecraft.

So what could be more fun than a Minecraft Creeper build?

He has now been two years older than his first air-cooled PC and is now it's time for a watercooled rig for his Minecraft.

First I want to thank wwwicked for the beautiful banner ... Top Mark!! Thanks

As mentioned: The Creeper

And so I did ... first went to the local hardware store and buyed several aluminum strips.
Bought Flat strips, angles and other junk. Very nice to work like old times just the same as with Meccano.

At first I only had a picture of the Creeper. But it's better to have a real plastic Creeper. So I bought one and applied a scale of about 1:5.

First builded the mid section around the PSU.

Put the head together.

And Started with the legs.

When the real plastic Creeper came in and saw that the center piece did not match the scale I shortened it a bit. And then put the legs together.

I still had an old acrylic mobo tray which nicely fits in the head of the Creeper. And put an Asus Maximus V Gene on it.

Beneath the mobo tray I placed a 360 rad with some beautiful green Nanoxia fans.

Now that the frame is ready, time the next step. The cover up, For this I will use acrylic with green vinyl.

After some thinking and some tips I found 2 HDD coolers that I had lying around, which will nice when liquid passes through. So after some cutting and pasting:

First leg finished. Time for the 2e

3rd leg and midplate done. Now mount every thing very good to reduce the cracks to a minimum

More soon

Last edited by kier; 4th Apr 2014 at 12:38.
kier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Nov 2013, 19:28   #2
flame696
Terminating People Since 1980....

flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.
That is some amazing work!!
flame696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Nov 2013, 19:35   #3
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.
God I love your Mbk stuff...

This looks astounding so far!
KidMod-Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Nov 2013, 21:59   #4
Attila
still thinking....

Attila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for president
Sooper dooper Kier! Love that frame.
Old 4th Nov 2013, 09:05   #5
Nikkop
Multimodder

Nikkop is definitely a rep cheat.Nikkop is definitely a rep cheat.Nikkop is definitely a rep cheat.Nikkop is definitely a rep cheat.Nikkop is definitely a rep cheat.Nikkop is definitely a rep cheat.Nikkop is definitely a rep cheat.Nikkop is definitely a rep cheat.Nikkop is definitely a rep cheat.Nikkop is definitely a rep cheat.Nikkop is definitely a rep cheat.
That is amazing. My little brother would have killed for this (maybe not literally but you get the point, lol).
Will be fun to see the final result
Nikkop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Nov 2013, 19:53   #6
imersa
Parvum Princess

imersa is definitely a rep cheat.imersa is definitely a rep cheat.imersa is definitely a rep cheat.imersa is definitely a rep cheat.imersa is definitely a rep cheat.imersa is definitely a rep cheat.imersa is definitely a rep cheat.imersa is definitely a rep cheat.imersa is definitely a rep cheat.imersa is definitely a rep cheat.imersa is definitely a rep cheat.
Your ability to recreate a structure from very little more than a photo and basic materials always amazes me and keeps me coming back. What a great dad
imersa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Nov 2013, 21:18   #7
n1ck3h
What's a Dremel?

n1ck3h has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
What do you tools / methods do you use to cut your acrylic ?

Cuts look very tidy and precise, I need a more accurate method of cutting for consistency etc.

Thanks

n1ck3h
n1ck3h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Nov 2013, 18:39   #8
kier
-----------------

kier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by flame696 View Post
That is some amazing work!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidMod-Southpaw View Post
God I love your Mbk stuff...

This looks astounding so far!
Glad you like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila View Post
Sooper dooper Kier! Love that frame.
I'm getting there with the Aluminum Need some more practice before I will try a Attila style build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkop View Post
That is amazing. My little brother would have killed for this (maybe not literally but you get the point, lol).
Will be fun to see the final result
Thanks mate, yeh think the final will be good but allready enjoying this very much. My kid is helping me with al kind of crazy ideas. Really funny to see how a 6 year old boy is solving problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imersa View Post
Your ability to recreate a structure from very little more than a photo and basic materials always amazes me and keeps me coming back. What a great dad
Thanks Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1ck3h View Post
What do you tools / methods do you use to cut your acrylic ?

Cuts look very tidy and precise, I need a more accurate method of cutting for consistency etc.

Thanks

n1ck3h
Couldnt use a CNC because all the different angles and stuff, so this one is done with the jigsaw and file

Old 7th Nov 2013, 18:41   #9
humanityBG
King of Hell.

humanityBG has yet to learn the way of the DremelhumanityBG has yet to learn the way of the DremelhumanityBG has yet to learn the way of the DremelhumanityBG has yet to learn the way of the DremelhumanityBG has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The master at work again. Awesome as always, kier. Keep it up!
humanityBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Feb 2014, 20:59   #10
kier
-----------------

Update!!!

There he is again, the Creeper....

After the last update I was messing around with acrylic covers and was not happy about this.
Nevertheless The front of the head was not bad.

And the sides of the head where also not bad,

But I just was not happy with the gaps between the acrylic covers. Therefore disassembled everything again

And made everything with 6mm mdf

Made everything smooth and sanded it.

And let the wife paint

When she was doing her thing, I had exchanged the previous mobo (ASUS Gene) and placed a Gigabyte Z68 (ATX) What suits better because of the format. And stick some nice old school and new EKWB blocks on it.

And after some brainstorming.... yet again the horizontal way.

To accomplish this, I created an extra acrylic cover.

All horizontal again

And connected everything in the front again.

More coming soon

Old 25th Feb 2014, 22:22   #11
XTSX
Minimodder

XTSX has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Love this Creeper !
Very Nice work Kier
XTSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Feb 2014, 00:55   #12
yodasarmpit
No longer the other Brett.

yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.
Awesome, although I'd struggle to sleep knowing it was in the same house somewhere
Old 1st Mar 2014, 19:22   #13
kier
-----------------

Thanks you guys

Old 1st Mar 2014, 19:23   #14
imersa
Parvum Princess

imersa is definitely a rep cheat.imersa is definitely a rep cheat.imersa is definitely a rep cheat.imersa is definitely a rep cheat.imersa is definitely a rep cheat.imersa is definitely a rep cheat.imersa is definitely a rep cheat.imersa is definitely a rep cheat.imersa is definitely a rep cheat.imersa is definitely a rep cheat.imersa is definitely a rep cheat.
Your always further ahead on Facebook. Great work... but you know what I'm waiting to see
imersa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Mar 2014, 19:31   #15
kier
-----------------

Update!!!

For the midplate where the reservoirs and pump will be placed, I have cut out 2 pieces of acrylic

And give it a color

Connected the reservoir (input) on the radiator (output)

Other res connected the input like the previous res

Connected the outputs onto the input pomp (MCP355).

and connected everything.

Time to fill the Creeper. Made a nice movie about this:

Once filled... it was time for shooting some nice pictures.

And stacked everything together.

Temporarily placed the head on.

And continuing with the head covers

More soon!!!

Old 1st Mar 2014, 21:40   #16
mansueto
Too broke to mod

mansueto is a Super Spamming Saiyanmansueto is a Super Spamming Saiyanmansueto is a Super Spamming Saiyanmansueto is a Super Spamming Saiyanmansueto is a Super Spamming Saiyanmansueto is a Super Spamming Saiyanmansueto is a Super Spamming Saiyanmansueto is a Super Spamming Saiyanmansueto is a Super Spamming Saiyanmansueto is a Super Spamming Saiyanmansueto is a Super Spamming Saiyan
That is awesome!
Black Momba: i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz | Corsair H80 | MSI P67A-G43 | 8GB DDR3 1600 Ripjaws | 128GB Corsair M4, 1TB Barricuda | 2GB 6950 | Asus PA248 IPS + Acer P243w | Asus Xonar D1 + Fio E07K Andes | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Seasonic X760 | Fractal R3 | Cooler Master Quick Fire Rapid | Cooler Master Inferno
Lenovo U410: i7 3517u | 8GB ram | 24GB + 750GB HDD | 14 inch ultrabook
mansueto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Mar 2014, 10:53   #17
thegyufi
Multimodder

thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Good job, and I really love the green color you choose
thegyufi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Mar 2014, 15:51   #18
kier
-----------------

Thanks!!!

Old 7th Mar 2014, 20:44   #19
matiss
Multimodder

matiss is definitely a rep cheat.matiss is definitely a rep cheat.matiss is definitely a rep cheat.matiss is definitely a rep cheat.matiss is definitely a rep cheat.matiss is definitely a rep cheat.matiss is definitely a rep cheat.matiss is definitely a rep cheat.matiss is definitely a rep cheat.matiss is definitely a rep cheat.matiss is definitely a rep cheat.
Fun one and top build. Little kier will be loving it
Old 9th Mar 2014, 02:00   #20
MoRBiD
Multimodder

MoRBiD has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wow this is awesome!

HAH! My kids would love this!

Big Minecraft fans!

Very nicely done!

View Mode