1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Battlefield 4 hit by DDoS

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 18 Nov 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

What gets me is the fact that despite the DDos, they're still having server problems, haven't they had enough experience to know what to do in that respect?
    It's like 2 steps forwards, one step back, then a year later they'll take that step forward again. :D

I'd imagine I could count the number of server crashes I experience in BF3 and BF2 on two hands.

3. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

I've not played it a huge amount - maybe a dozen hours or so (maybe more - can't remember) but I only had one or two crashes the whole time...

4. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

Does this mean we cannot play at all? Or will it just be really laggy?

5. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

I never noticed much difference in play over the weekend. I have about 80 hours worth of play time, usually either game crashes or server crashes at least once per gaming session.

We know the game wasn't ready, it was rushed to beat COD and be out in time for next gen consoles. It could have done with another 2 months of work if I am honest.

6. andreinuk

andreinuk Minimodder

Playing yesterday evening I think I only managed to complete a couple of rounds due to server crashes. Then there was a couple of times where you were back to basic weapons.

Certainly more crashes than normal but with the sound bug along and other issues its infuriating to play. This has just added to it.

7. Gusseteer

Gusseteer What's a Dremel?

The game doesn't even respond to my keyboard and mouse, which worked fine in the beta. I've gone back to BF3 until they can get their act together. EA really need to look at some form of compensation for releasing an unfinished game, similar to their apology game offer when SimCity's release was botched.

8. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

It's generally fine, the problems with the DDoS attacks are mostly related to Battlelog, rather than the game servers themselves.

Over the weekend you'd try to connect to a server but Battlelog would just tell you you couldn't because you'd been "disconnected", that sort of thing. You'd press retry and it would pretty much work straight away. This is on PC. Can't speak for the PS4 problems.

The rest of the server problems are BETTER than they were a week ago, but not much. They've taken away some problems with the client patch and people are dropping like flies when the building falls on the SoS map, but it's still got TONS of sound problems and we're still seeing mid-game freezing etc.

It's getting there... *sigh*...paid beta much?

9. bigc90210

bigc90210 Teh C

getting horrendous sound loop crash freezes when the game first came out, and that bloody muting sound bug is infuriating, used to get them every 20 mins - 4 hours.

Since they patched it, I get all of the above but I also get "out of memory, does your graphics card have 512mb ram" messages (Im running a titan...) and other directx related errors. Now im lucky if I can get more than 5-10 minutes gameplay without a crash of some sort, and I paid for both the game and premium (£85!)

Raging is an understatement. The game is bloody great, IF you can get it to work. bit of a pisstake when you've spent all that money on kit to play it then it doesn't work

10. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

They know exactly what they are doing. Hype the living piss out of the product, get a couple hundred million in pre-orders so you're in profit on launch day regardless, then sit back and do whatever because you're making money either way. After this, Simcity, BF3, BC2 you think people would have noticed a pattern...

11. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

:D

I suppose when it's EA, :D.

You'd hope that they might change, but I suppose I should have known better.

I'm skipping BF4 anyway, too similar to BF3 and I've not even got the most out of that yet.

12. John_T

John_T Minimodder

Reminds me of being a kid at school learning maths:

EA BF4 = DOA

(*cough*)

13. MrJim

MrJim What's a Dremel?

I learnt my lesson after they had similar problems with BF3. I'm going to leave it a few months to let EA & DICE get things running a bit more smoothly before buying the game. With a bit of luck, the price might even come down a bit in the meantime :)

14. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Maybe im showing my lack of knowledge on the subject, but as they are working a solution to the DDoS attack does this mean servers can be protected against DDoS? I thought that wasn't possible, and if it is possible why not just protect your servers from the get go ?

15. Hypno

Hypno What's a Dremel?

Sounds like a few games are getting the DDoS treatment recently....over the last few weeks War Thunder has been getting attacked pretty regularly.

Tags: Add Tags