bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 22nd Nov 2013, 12:11   #1
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming Saiyan
MSI teases mini-ITX gaming gear

Compact mobo and GPU combo incoming.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...ni-itx-tease/1
Gareth Halfacree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Nov 2013, 12:54   #2
Tyrmot
Supermodder

Tyrmot has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This is a cool idea, I hope more manufacturers get on board with this. Miniaturising rigs has to be next way forward surely..?
Tyrmot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Nov 2013, 13:17   #3
GuilleAcoustic
Ook ? Ook !

GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.
Glad to see more single 8pins PCIe power connectors instead of 2x 6pins. The cooler on that GPU look similar to the one used on Asus DirectCU mini (GTX670 / 760). Wouldn't be surprised if it was in fact the same . Only the fan blades profile seams different.
GuilleAcoustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Nov 2013, 13:36   #4
Jack_Pepsi
Clan BeeR Founder

Jack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the DremelJack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
To me this is excellent news.

Like Tyrmot said, I really hope this inspires and motivates other manufacturers to follow suit. I regret going mATX with my upgrade and with cases like the Bit-Fenix Phenom coming out, I really wish I had waited. Still, by the time I'm ready to upgrade again we'll have an array of decent mITX components... hopefully.
During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveler came as a large, moving Torb. Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants they chose a new form for him—that of a giant Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day, I can tell you.
Jack_Pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Nov 2013, 16:15   #5
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuilleAcoustic View Post
The cooler on that GPU look similar to the one used on Asus DirectCU mini (GTX670 / 760). Wouldn't be surprised if it was in fact the same . Only the fan blades profile seams different.
I was gonna say, haven't I seen that design someone before? I suppose if you can't innovate, imitate.
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Nov 2013, 16:52   #6
GuilleAcoustic
Ook ? Ook !

GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindibadgi View Post
I was gonna say, haven't I seen that design someone before? I suppose if you can't innovate, imitate.
I guess there's not so many possible solutions (except going watercooling). But Asus was first .
GuilleAcoustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Nov 2013, 17:42   #7
Jack_Pepsi
Clan BeeR Founder

Jack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the DremelJack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Turns out it's a GTX 760 that lil card.

During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveler came as a large, moving Torb. Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants they chose a new form for him—that of a giant Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day, I can tell you.
Old 22nd Nov 2013, 17:43   #8
GeorgeStorm
Aggressive PC Builder

GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.
That card does look quite a lot like the Asus card :P

Not that I mind, more companies looking to do that kind of thing sounds good to me.
Old 23rd Nov 2013, 03:52   #9
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Pepsi View Post
Turns out it's a GTX 760 that lil card.
https://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/GTX760DCMOC2GD5/

And so has ours been since July.
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Nov 2013, 14:17   #10
Jack_Pepsi
Clan BeeR Founder

Quote:
Oooh, ding dong.

Old 23rd Nov 2013, 14:48   #11
faugusztin
I *am* the guy with two left hands

faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
And the CPU socket again makes it unusable for any air cooler bigger than stock cooler, with the rare exceptions like HR-02 mounted wrong way, or small coolers like NH-U9B.

What is so hard to understand in the fact, that if your CPU socket is next to the PCI-E slot, you will block the PCI-E slot with big coolers in bigger ITX cases like Bitfenix cases, or if you want to use coolers like NH-L12. So it is still only ASUS or EVGA for me (at least i don't feel the need to upgrade from my Sandy/Ivy Bridge ITX systems so far).
faugusztin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Nov 2013, 00:16   #12
CowBlazed
Supermodder

CowBlazed has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Would hate needing to upgrade or replace the GPU at some point and having very little options.
CowBlazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Nov 2013, 01:48   #13
Combatus
Custom PC/bit-tech modding sections

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Pepsi
To me this is excellent news.
I regret going mATX with my upgrade and with cases like the Bit-Fenix Phenom coming out,
Phenom comes in micro-ATX too
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?
Combatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2013, 01:58   #14
SchizoFrog
Ultramodder

SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
The thing I love about the Prodigy is the board position which isn't the same with the Prodigy M or the Phenom. To me they both look a mess inside with that orientation.
Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit)
SchizoFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2013, 02:27   #15
Evolutionsic
Gives credit where its due

Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.
Yes but the question is!! will that board work or will it just light up and look fancy?

msi /faceplant
Old 25th Nov 2013, 08:35   #16
Xir
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
You're right...

There wouldn't be a miniITX version of the Gryphon on the way, would there?

(Also, is Bit ever going to test a Gryphon?)
X1800XT 512mb Sapphire
200GB Samsung SP2004C 24" Asus something 1920x1080
Xir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Nov 2013, 13:33   #17
Jack_Pepsi
Clan BeeR Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combatus View Post
Phenom comes in micro-ATX too
Yeah, I thought about replacing my Arc Mini with the Phenom but I really want to change my set up to mITX, just it's all frivolous spending I can't afford.

Tags
gaming motherboard, geforce gtx 760, lga 1150, mini-itx, mini-itx gaming, msi, nvidia, sff, sff gaming, small form factor, steam box, valve