bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 2nd Dec 2013, 09:11   #1
Meanmotion
bleh

Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.
Computer Planet Nvidia Battlebox Review

Computer Planet has loaned us its entry to Nvidia's Battlebox program. And it's fast.
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/pcs...lebox-review/1
Meanmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Dec 2013, 11:00   #2
saxovtsmike
Multimodder

saxovtsmike has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
awsome system but at to a certain point I don´t understand why you would use a custom WC loop for a cpu only setup. A AIO WC system would provide sufficient cooling, and would probably cut the costs of the system a bit.
saxovtsmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Dec 2013, 11:42   #3
Combatus
Custom PC/bit-tech modding sections

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
That is true - I think the aim of the system was to add a degree of eye-candy, which is why it costs more than your average high-end PC. You can of course opt for an all-in-one liquid cooler in their configurator if you're not fussed about the green coolant
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?
Combatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Dec 2013, 11:47   #4
rollo
I Mod, Therefore I Own

rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.
not so sure those minimums would exite me to pay £3k just about.

2 780 tis would of been a better option for the gpus.
rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Dec 2013, 11:51   #5
GeorgeStorm
Aggressive PC Builder

GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.
Seen one of them in the flesh and they're very good looking machines that's for sure.
Old 2nd Dec 2013, 12:36   #6
AndyMc@CP
What's a Dremel?

AndyMc@CP has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hi all - many thanks for the valid comments so far.

Just a few points to answer some of your comments/ questions:

- 780 vs 780 Ti: At the time of building the review machine, 780Ti were in tight supply so we had to use 780 to meet the review deadline. However ALL our systems are from our configurator and are fully customisable from the case up. (The BattleBox spec covers 780, 780Ti and Titan SLi)

- Water cooling the graphics cards: We elected not to water cool the graphics cards purely to keep the eye candy of the NVIDIA GeForce GTX theme going (Particularly with the new lighting toys in the latest GeForce Experience) ALL FULL watercooling options are available from our configurator or you can discuss with us before purchase.

- Custom water vs closed loop: As mentioned by Combatus, a closed loop simply didn't give us the visuals we wanted as well as the customisation options of upgrades to full water. Essentially a closed loop would simply not have done a case like this justice. When NVIDIA launched the BattleBox spec and opened it up to selected system builders, many simply submitted their existing, high end 7 series SLi rigs that met the spec........we wanted to be different!

- Most importantly: Our whole site is one big configurator - we offer more customisation than any other system builder in the UK...The BattleBox you see here is just one example of what you can spec/ order - the choice really is all yours! (after all, what's the point in a custom PC if its the same as everybody elses!)

Many thanks guys - always appreciative of your feedback.

Last edited by AndyMc@CP; 2nd Dec 2013 at 12:54.
AndyMc@CP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Dec 2013, 13:26   #7
ObsCure
What's a Dremel?

ObsCure has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
For some reason Battle Toads come to mind.. idk why
ObsCure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Dec 2013, 14:37   #8
Snips
I can do dat, giz a job

Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.
I do like the high end system reviews and this one is no different. Awesome spec, style and performance. Well Done!
Snips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Dec 2013, 18:05   #9
SchizoFrog
Hypermodder

SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I've looked at the images several times over the day and the thing that sticks out the most in that system are the two crossed over water cooling tubes. That is annoying the hell out of me.
Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit)
SchizoFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Dec 2013, 20:44   #10
Gambler FEX online
Minimodder

Gambler FEX online has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
- We've been testing systems and graphics cards at 4K for a few months now and one thing is certain - it's the most daunting task graphics cards have faced since Crysis.

I'd say 1440p at 120fps is daunting too! And we don't need SLI to get it!

2560x1440x120 = 442 mpixels
3840x2160x60 = 497 mpixels

http://jooh.no/web/Crysis_3_ruins_and_forest_low.png
http://jooh.no/web/Crysis_3_ruins_and_forest_high.png
Gambler FEX online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Dec 2013, 13:41   #11
jon
Multimodder

jon has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
"In Cinebench, the only CPUs to out-strip the Battlebox were the super-expensive LGA2011 models - the Intel Core i7-3960X Extreme Edition and Intel Core i7-3960X Extreme Edition. "

Is it just me, or did you just repeat yourself?

Otherwise, impressive box ... out of my price range, of course, but impressive.