bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 3rd Dec 2013, 10:19   #1
Meanmotion
bleh

Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Review

Rick discovers a pirate's life is most definitely for him.
http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/pc/20...-flag-review/1
Meanmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Dec 2013, 11:10   #2
Spuzzell
Multimodder

Spuzzell - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Spuzzell - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Spuzzell - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Spuzzell - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Spuzzell - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Spuzzell - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Spuzzell - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Spuzzell - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Spuzzell - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Spuzzell - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Spuzzell - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Thanks for a really enjoyable review.

After adoring ACII and Brotherhood I got bored about 4 hours into Revelations, and skipped AC3 entirely as Connor seemed like such a chore to play as.

But I'll pick this one up I think. Because, ships. And bonus shrubbery.

Ta daaa! *jazz hands*
Spuzzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Dec 2013, 11:17   #3
barny2767
Multimodder

barny2767 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.barny2767 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.barny2767 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.barny2767 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.barny2767 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.barny2767 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.barny2767 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.barny2767 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.barny2767 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.barny2767 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.barny2767 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Loving the game so far. I think I have 1 or 2 main missions to go but have done all the side missions and not just sailing round collecting chests and sinking ships for fun.

I would have liked to see a reputation system that you cant buy your way out of or gets reset when you die, just to make the game a little harder.

Also the legendary ships, why cant you board them and have then in your fleet.

But its all a good game even if there are some odd bits here and there.
AMD PII x4 980 @ 4.2ghz - watercooled with a 280mm rad - Crosshair III formula - 8Gb Mushkin DDR3 @ 1600Mhz - PNY 680GTX - 60Gb OCZ solid3 SSD - 1tb Samsung F1 HDD - Antec P193 Case -Lots of fans - Cheap 22'' 1080p Acer monitor- Cheap 2.1 logitech speakers - Razor Deathadder 3500dpi mouse - Vespula mat- Lycosa keybord
barny2767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Dec 2013, 13:58   #4
IT Troll
Minimodder

IT Troll has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
"More like Absurd-o entertainment AM I RIGHT?"

Tony Law fan?
IT Troll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Dec 2013, 15:38   #5
XXAOSICXX
Supermodder

XXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
"Is the PC version another horrendous console port?" is all I need to know now....if not, I'll get it. If it is (like all the others) then I shaln't.
XXAOSICXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Dec 2013, 15:50   #6
Fishlock
.o0o.

Fishlock is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fishlock is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fishlock is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fishlock is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fishlock is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fishlock is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fishlock is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fishlock is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fishlock is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fishlock is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fishlock is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
The fact that it locks the PC version at 30fps annoys me. I know there are ways around it, which I have done, but it shouldn't be there in the first place.
Old 3rd Dec 2013, 17:55   #7
springbok82
What's a Dremel?

springbok82 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Very good review. Really loving this game and I've only now got my hands on the Jackdaw, so the fun is just about to start.

However... I'm a little disappointed though as I got AC4 with a GTX 780 Ti, and the frame rates are kind of rubbish at times. I'm running it on a Dell U2711 but still... I've tried everything on max settings, which is what you would expect to be able to do with such a card, but for the mean time had to drop down a few notches on some of the settings to get running a bit smoother. I'm thinking of shelving the game for a few weeks until Ubisoft and Nvidia come up with a proper fix.

That said, it's a stunning looking game and could easily become one of my favourites.
springbok82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Dec 2013, 20:20   #8
rinseout
What's a Dremel?

rinseout has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Shouldn't you be crediting RPS for this review? Or just put a link to their Wot I think?
rinseout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Dec 2013, 20:22   #9
Cei
pew pew pew

Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I've been playing this on the PS4 and it's actually fun, compared to III which I didn't even finish.
Cei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Dec 2013, 10:27   #10
Redbeaver
The Other Red Meat

Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
so... no score? just... "great"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuzzell
After adoring ACII and Brotherhood I got bored about 4 hours into Revelations, and skipped AC3 entirely as Connor seemed like such a chore to play as.
wow im at the EXACTLY same situation....
ASUS Z97i-Plus - 4670K - 8GB DDR3 - Zotac GTX 970 - Crucial MX100 256GB - Corsair 250D [Modded]
www.pecelayam.com
Redbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Dec 2013, 12:46   #11
raxonb
Multimodder

raxonb has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
"It's immediately clear that Connor's grandmother must have been a broom handle with a face painted on it, because he didn't inherit many of his grandfather's genes."

Hilarious but true!!

Definitely enjoying this one a whole lot more than III. I'm actually wanting to explore and do all the side missions.

I am wondering though, that at the beginning Edward kills an assassin and takes on his identity (sort of), which would mean that he is not a descendant of Ezio and Altair, so how would this be part of Desmond's DNA memory? Or does this get explained later - I'm only on Sequence 4 yet.

To Be This Good Takes AGES...
To Be This Good Takes SEGA
raxonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Dec 2013, 12:53   #12
longweight
Possibly Longbeard.

longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.
Nice spoiler.
longweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Dec 2013, 13:34   #13
barny2767
Multimodder

barny2767 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.barny2767 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.barny2767 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.barny2767 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.barny2767 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.barny2767 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.barny2767 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.barny2767 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.barny2767 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.barny2767 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.barny2767 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Well after 63ish hours im finished with all the side missions done found all the fragments, chests, stones and stuff also defeated the 5 legendary ships. Now all I have to do is synchronise all the memories as im still at only 95% complete.

To answer raxonb I never noticed it being explained in any of the game so that leaves a huge gap to fill in the DLC unless I missed something.

Anyway its a very enjoyable game that is really built for consoles but works well on the PC but is much smoother with a gamepad.
AMD PII x4 980 @ 4.2ghz - watercooled with a 280mm rad - Crosshair III formula - 8Gb Mushkin DDR3 @ 1600Mhz - PNY 680GTX - 60Gb OCZ solid3 SSD - 1tb Samsung F1 HDD - Antec P193 Case -Lots of fans - Cheap 22'' 1080p Acer monitor- Cheap 2.1 logitech speakers - Razor Deathadder 3500dpi mouse - Vespula mat- Lycosa keybord
Old 4th Dec 2013, 13:34   #14
barny2767
Multimodder

double post sorry
Old 4th Dec 2013, 15:22   #15
runadumb
Supermodder

runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
EDITED: I was misquoting so have deleted the post.
runadumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Dec 2013, 23:43   #16
Redbeaver
The Other Red Meat

Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
brilliant games. i remembered why i love this series. Ezio's AC2 was the best and Altair was the most groundbreaking at that time. This game continues this excellent tradition. Something that I didn't "feel" with AC3...
Quote:
Originally Posted by raxonb
I am wondering though, that at the beginning Edward kills an assassin and takes on his identity (sort of), which would mean that he is not a descendant of Ezio and Altair, so how would this be part of Desmond's DNA memory? Or does this get explained later - I'm only on Sequence 4 yet.
im only 3hr in and if i check out the animus DB, u can read all about the characters' background.

thing is, the genes is not required to relate to the Assasins. it could simply be that somewhere along the line, one of Ezio's descendant decided NOT to become an assasin, just a regular merchant, have a regular normal family, and somewhere along THAT line, Edward is born. And voila, Edward is thrown back into the whole Assasin stuff.

at least, that's how i explained it to myself when i saw that happened in the first 5 minutes of the game.
ASUS Z97i-Plus - 4670K - 8GB DDR3 - Zotac GTX 970 - Crucial MX100 256GB - Corsair 250D [Modded]
www.pecelayam.com
Redbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote