bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 5th Dec 2013, 15:00   #1
Meanmotion
bleh

Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.
Bit-Tech Christmas Countdown Competiton - 5 December

Yoyotech is providing today's prize of an Asus Z87A motherboard.
http://www.bit-tech.net/bits/competi...competiton-5/1
Meanmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Dec 2013, 15:06   #2
Shirty
"It's old Shirty!"

Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.
Entered once again.

Perhaps I could ask that nobody else enters these to help my chances along a little bit?
Old 5th Dec 2013, 15:07   #3
jinq-sea
"Sammy Two Tongs"

jinq-sea is definitely a rep cheat.jinq-sea is definitely a rep cheat.jinq-sea is definitely a rep cheat.jinq-sea is definitely a rep cheat.jinq-sea is definitely a rep cheat.jinq-sea is definitely a rep cheat.jinq-sea is definitely a rep cheat.jinq-sea is definitely a rep cheat.jinq-sea is definitely a rep cheat.jinq-sea is definitely a rep cheat.jinq-sea is definitely a rep cheat.
Too late, I'd already entered. Damn you for ruining my chances!

DK1087 w/Browns - G80-3494 w/Clears - K60 Mini w/Blues - KBT Oni w/Blue stems & Clear springs
jinq-sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Dec 2013, 15:09   #4
Shirty
"It's old Shirty!"

Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.
I have a really nice hacksaw at home. If I win I'll cut the board in half and I'll even let you choose your half. If you win I'll post the saw with a return envelope, and you can ship me the half you don't want plus my saw.

Fair?
Old 5th Dec 2013, 16:07   #5
schmidtbag
Hypermodder

schmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
I haven't owned a desktop Intel system since I think 2003. In some ways I'd prefer a free CPU over a motherboard since Intel is so expensive, but, this is a pretty nice board and even an overclocked i5 would still be faster and more power efficient than my current system (FX-6300 at 4.4GHz). My system is arguably close to retirement, so I think this would be a nice step up.
schmidtbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Dec 2013, 16:28   #6
jinq-sea
"Sammy Two Tongs"

jinq-sea is definitely a rep cheat.jinq-sea is definitely a rep cheat.jinq-sea is definitely a rep cheat.jinq-sea is definitely a rep cheat.jinq-sea is definitely a rep cheat.jinq-sea is definitely a rep cheat.jinq-sea is definitely a rep cheat.jinq-sea is definitely a rep cheat.jinq-sea is definitely a rep cheat.jinq-sea is definitely a rep cheat.jinq-sea is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirty View Post
I have a really nice hacksaw at home. If I win I'll cut the board in half and I'll even let you choose your half. If you win I'll post the saw with a return envelope, and you can ship me the half you don't want plus my saw.

Fair?
Sounds good to me. If you want opposing corners, we could cut it into quarters if you like?

DK1087 w/Browns - G80-3494 w/Clears - K60 Mini w/Blues - KBT Oni w/Blue stems & Clear springs
jinq-sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Dec 2013, 16:29   #7
Shirty
"It's old Shirty!"

I'm willing to play

*puts on shades*

the silicon lottery.

Awwwww yeeaaahh!

Old 5th Dec 2013, 19:12   #8
demastes
What's a Dremel?

demastes has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
demastes cheesecake!!! ..... please?!? =)
demastes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Dec 2013, 20:27   #9
SchizoFrog
Hypermodder

SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Guys, I'll let you win one each over the next couple of days if you let me win one... OK? I mean just take a look at my specs (forum signature), I am NEED of an upgrade.

Bit-Tech, please feel free to pre select me for any Case, GPU or CPU prizes. thanks.
Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit)
SchizoFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Dec 2013, 20:41   #10
schmidtbag
Hypermodder

schmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizoFrog View Post
Guys, I'll let you win one each over the next couple of days if you let me win one... OK? I mean just take a look at my specs (forum signature), I am NEED of an upgrade.

Bit-Tech, please feel free to pre select me for any Case, GPU or CPU prizes. thanks.
An i7 4770K is almost the same value as the entirety of your current system. While I don't disagree that you would want something more modern, I'm not sure how you'll be able to afford to take advantage of this motherboard. It'll cost you at the very least $400 to put some good use to this board. With that money, you can build a complete AMD A10 system that is better than your current one (at least if you use the same tower, storage, and PSU).

BTW, I think your system is fine. Old isn't always bad. I'm not sure what you do but I figure a GPU upgrade and an overclock might be all you need to play modern games at medium-high settings.
Old 5th Dec 2013, 21:24   #11
mi1ez
Game Boy Modder

mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
I've just realised I've not been putting my phone number on any of these! NOOOO!
Old 5th Dec 2013, 21:27   #12
schmidtbag
Hypermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi1ez View Post
I've just realised I've not been putting my phone number on any of these! NOOOO!
Whoops I forgot to list that. Oh well, if I'm selected maybe they'll ask.
Old 5th Dec 2013, 21:57   #13
Meanmotion
bleh

Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.
Yeah, don't worry about it. We'll email back any winners to confirm details.
Meanmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Dec 2013, 23:36   #14
Redbeaver
The Other Red Meat

Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Ok. This would be perfect.
ASUS Z97i-Plus - 4670K - 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA 660Ti - Crucial MX100 256GB - Corsair 250D [Modded]
www.pecelayam.com
Redbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Dec 2013, 00:16   #15
Otis1337
aka - Reaper

Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.
everyone can stop entering now, all xmas competition are closed. a mod told me.....

honest......
Old 6th Dec 2013, 00:48   #16
SchizoFrog
Hypermodder

SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidtbag
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizoFrog View Post

An i7 4770K is almost the same value as the entirety of your current system. While I don't disagree that you would want something more modern, I'm not sure how you'll be able to afford to take advantage of this motherboard. It'll cost you at the very least $400 to put some good use to this board. With that money, you can build a complete AMD A10 system that is better than your current one (at least if you use the same tower, storage, and PSU).

BTW, I think your system is fine. Old isn't always bad. I'm not sure what you do but I figure a GPU upgrade and an overclock might be all you need to play modern games at medium-high settings.
I'd be happy to win anything. Also, just because I might win a high end prize such as this, doesn't mean I can't find a way for it to benefit me. As for my current system, trust me it is overclocked to it's maximum safe limits. Any higher and I've had random errors and issues with either CPU or GPU. I am hoping to build a completely new system in the new year though, probably based around an mATX as I don't trust the sound available with a Mini-ITX build, no matter how much I would like a system that small.
Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit)
SchizoFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Dec 2013, 20:15   #17
maverik-sg1
Supermodder

maverik-sg1 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maverik-sg1 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maverik-sg1 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maverik-sg1 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maverik-sg1 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maverik-sg1 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maverik-sg1 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maverik-sg1 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maverik-sg1 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maverik-sg1 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maverik-sg1 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
When can the winners expect to receive their prizes?
maverik-sg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Feb 2014, 10:38   #18
maverik-sg1
Supermodder

maverik-sg1 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maverik-sg1 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maverik-sg1 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maverik-sg1 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maverik-sg1 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maverik-sg1 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maverik-sg1 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maverik-sg1 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maverik-sg1 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maverik-sg1 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maverik-sg1 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Guys - I was informed by Bit-Tech that I was the winner of this motherboard waaaay back in 2013, despite an exchange of emails to Bit-Tech and (so I am informed) from BitTech to YOYOTECH, there's still no sign of my prize.

Please advise.
Old 19th Feb 2014, 16:22   #19
maverik-sg1
Supermodder

Bump! Because I have still yet to receive my prize.
Old 19th Feb 2014, 17:01   #20
Shirty
"It's old Shirty!"

Try an email to editor@bit-tech.net, and be patient