bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 31st Dec 2013, 12:18   #1
Meanmotion
bleh

Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.
The Best Games of 2013

As the year draws to a close we take a look back at the best games of 2013.
http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/pc/20...t-games-2013/1
Meanmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Dec 2013, 12:34   #2
defined
Botch-Job

defined is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.defined is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.defined is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.defined is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.defined is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.defined is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.defined is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.defined is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.defined is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.defined is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.defined is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
DISCLAIMER: The Last of Us is the one game on this list I haven't personally played (I know, I know), so in order to explain why it's our number three game of the year,
You sure about that?
defined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Dec 2013, 12:44   #3
Meanmotion
bleh

Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by defined
You sure about that?
Yeah, of course. _
Meanmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Dec 2013, 12:49   #4
V3ctor
Tech addict...

V3ctor has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
but it also gave us enormous reason to be excited for the next twelve months of gaming, particularly PC gaming.
But pcgaming is dying... since 2007 i believe... :P
Intel Core i7 4770K@4.5Ghz / ASUS Sabertooth Z87 / 2x4Gb Gskill Trident X 2400Mhz / 2x ASUS Matrix Platinum 7970 3Gb / Samsung T260 / 2x Corsair Force GT 240Gb raid0/ Corsair HX-850W/ Silverstone FT02R-Wi
V3ctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Dec 2013, 12:55   #5
erratum1
Banned

erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.
1. last of us.

Half Life 2 best game cause of Oculus Rift...m'kay, I vote for pong.
erratum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Dec 2013, 13:02   #6
greypilgers
Supermodder

greypilgers can run Crysisgreypilgers can run Crysisgreypilgers can run Crysisgreypilgers can run Crysisgreypilgers can run Crysisgreypilgers can run Crysisgreypilgers can run Crysisgreypilgers can run Crysisgreypilgers can run Crysisgreypilgers can run Crysis
A contentious top game list, as always!

Personally I thought The Last Of Us an absolute bloody highlight and just WISH more than anything it was on PC too. Tomb Raider another highlight for me - really enjoyed it and thought it had a good character for Lara. The QTE were a bit annoying but nonetheless.

So the best PC game was Black Flag? I'm afraid I discount Half Life 2 as its not really the game that earns top spot but Oculus tech that does. That's really my only point against the top ten (apart from all those weird indie games popping up still that some people seem to like only because it makes them seem 'intelligent', quirky, or fashionable) - perhaps it would b better placed in a Tech Top Ten - I'm sure plenty of other games would be vying for the top spot if they were optimised for Oculus...

Bungletron, I salute you!
greypilgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Dec 2013, 13:27   #7
Stanley Tweedle
Ultramodder

Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by erratum1
1. last of us.

Half Life 2 best game cause of Oculus Rift...m'kay, I vote for pong.
HL2 still one of the best FPS games in my view and with Oculus it will be reborn as will many other games. Being able to run terrified through a game with everything presented true to life scale suddenly makes everything worth playing again. Well not quite everything. I will give Bioshock Infant a miss even with oculus.

The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

Stanley Tweedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Dec 2013, 13:47   #8
erratum1
Banned

erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.
The story of the last of us would have made a great book or movie, it's these first class writers that we need in video games.

Basically oculus rift won best game of 2013 ?
erratum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Dec 2013, 14:31   #9
davefelcher
Supermodder

davefelcher can run Crysisdavefelcher can run Crysisdavefelcher can run Crysisdavefelcher can run Crysisdavefelcher can run Crysisdavefelcher can run Crysisdavefelcher can run Crysisdavefelcher can run Crysisdavefelcher can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Tweedle View Post
HL2 still one of the best FPS games in my view and with Oculus it will be reborn as will many other games. Being able to run terrified through a game with everything presented true to life scale suddenly makes everything worth playing again. Well not quite everything. I will give Bioshock Infant a miss even with oculus.

Imagine Amnesia: The Dark Descent with an Oculus Rift. It would have to be sold with spare pants.
davefelcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Dec 2013, 15:05   #10
Bloody_Pete
Technophile(and yes, thats 724Mb/s)

Bloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by davefelcher
Quote:

Imagine Amnesia: The Dark Descent with an Oculus Rift. It would have to be sold with spare pants.
And multiple sets of fresh underwear...
i5 3570k @ 4.6GHz (1.28v) on custom water loop/ Watercooling how-to, Asus Maximus 5 Gene, 16GB Corsair Vengence 1600MHz (2 black, 2 red), Sapphire Radeon HD 5870, 128GB Crucial M4, 3 x Samsung F1 1TB in RAID 5, Xigmatek Elysium, Enermax Revolution 85+ 850W, Corsair K60, Corsair SP2500 speakers, Dell U2311H & Asus VK222W.
Bloody_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Dec 2013, 15:14   #11
XXAOSICXX
Supermodder

XXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
The Stanley Parable...better than Battlefield 4?

I think not.
XXAOSICXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Dec 2013, 15:17   #12
SinxarKnights
Multimodder

SinxarKnights has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wow if these are the best games of 2013 the industry really went to **** then.
SinxarKnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Dec 2013, 16:01   #13
Porkins' Wingman
Can't touch this

Porkins' Wingman is definitely a rep cheat.Porkins' Wingman is definitely a rep cheat.Porkins' Wingman is definitely a rep cheat.Porkins' Wingman is definitely a rep cheat.Porkins' Wingman is definitely a rep cheat.Porkins' Wingman is definitely a rep cheat.Porkins' Wingman is definitely a rep cheat.Porkins' Wingman is definitely a rep cheat.Porkins' Wingman is definitely a rep cheat.Porkins' Wingman is definitely a rep cheat.Porkins' Wingman is definitely a rep cheat.
What gets me is that Oculus rift, if I am not mistaken, is not available via normal retail outlets, only as a dev kit. So this article is just one big hyping advert for a product most can't get yet and really has nothing to do with average Joe's perception of games in 2013. A big smelly crock of **** me thinks. I don't even remember seeing any articles about Rift earlier in the year (not that I check the Home page much, admittedly).

If this article is to serve any purpose for the reader it either needs a new title or just get re-written only dealing with games released in 2013.
"Porkins' Wingman's post is just about the most thoughtful, inciteful post I have ever read on a public forum anywhere. It has made me think....which is no mean feat in itself." - Provoking thought since 8th March 2014
Porkins' Wingman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Dec 2013, 19:45   #14
runadumb
Supermodder

runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I really enjoyed Tomb Raider but that was in-spite of itself. Every QT event or 'hold one direction while crazy **** happens' had me either frustrated as all hell or rolling my eyes into the back of my skull.
However, as I started to ignore the stupid story with its total failure to re-image Lara as a real character and I pictured her as an ultimate killing machine, loving life, I found it super fun.

"She's trapped, get her" they say as Lara laughs and pulls out her bow to slaughter them without mercy barely breaking a sweat. Only dropping the bow to melee some fool that got too close in the most vicious way.
She drinks the blood of her enemies and crushes them by the hundreds. She is Lara Croft.

Now thats a game!

(PS I like underworld, very underrated Tomb Raider game)

My several hours with the Oculus rift this year blew my ****ing socks off and whenever I buy the retail version I'm going to spend lots of time re-playing old classics that now support it. 2014 is going to be a year filled with old games and I can not wait!

Last edited by runadumb; 31st Dec 2013 at 20:10.
runadumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Dec 2013, 22:14   #15
t5kcannon
Modder

t5kcannon has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Some good titles there which Bit Tech have justly given high ratings. However the #1 choice is a bit premature, isn't it? Oculus Rift is not yet available for purchase I believe. It sounds good, with promising reports and I am looking forward to trying it. But that's the future.
t5kcannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Dec 2013, 22:58   #16
Sloth
#yolo #swag

Sloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinxarKnights View Post
Wow if these are the best games of 2013 the industry really went to **** then.
I wouldn't quite say the industry when to ****, 2011 and 2012 had some strong games, but this certainly was a slow year.

I wonder if the new console release threw things off. More incentive to develop games for them, hopefully leading to a games-rich 2014 console-wise. On the PC front, making a PC exclusive other than an artsy indie game seems to be impossible.
Old 1st Jan 2014, 00:34   #17
demastes
What's a Dremel?

demastes has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody_Pete
Quote:
Quote:

And multiple sets of fresh underwear...
dear god..... Amnesia is terrifying enough.... I really wanna try it =)
demastes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jan 2014, 10:21   #18
CowBlazed
Supermodder

CowBlazed has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Great list.
CowBlazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jan 2014, 12:26   #19
Stanley Tweedle
Ultramodder

Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Quote:

Yup, I also think Doom 3 would be worth it. I only played so far the first time round before getting stuck and giving up on it.

I guess the Metro games would also be incredible.

Stanley Tweedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jan 2014, 12:53   #20
rollo
I Mod, Therefore I Own

rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.
Dout id ever bother to replay games just because of rift. Needs new games to support it out of the box or its just a waste of time and money.

Physics has suffered due to lack of dev support for it, Mantle the big hope of AMD is already delayed. Will Oculus Rift really be the hope that everyone wants it to be.

Star Citizen is the biggest supported game that ive heard mensioned and its not out before 2015. HL 2 great as it is not sure id replay it having played it to death many times.

Last of us is basically the #1 game but this been a pc hardware site they wanted to show rift.

Take away the indie games theres not 1 pc exclusive on that list anymore, Thats a rather poor showing. Of all the exclusive games coming out theres really only PA / Star Citizen that id say are even worth a look at.

Thats what pc has lost over the years exclusive games.
rollo is offline   Reply With Quote