bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 2nd Jan 2014, 11:50   #1
Meanmotion
bleh

Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.
The Five Gaming Trends of 2014

2014 is set to be a stellar year in gaming and here are the five reasons why.
http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2014/...4-prediction/1
Meanmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jan 2014, 12:32   #2
Scootiep
Multimodder

Scootiep has yet to learn the way of the DremelScootiep has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
You left out the return of true stealth. You've got a lot of great games up there, but Thief 4 is going to blow them all away.
Old 2nd Jan 2014, 12:50   #3
Griffter
Supermodder

Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
speaking under correction (as we all do via rumours and talks about unreleased games :-)) from the articles and online talks since e3, thief 4 seems to be making some nervous and started to look generic-ish from the demo these "some" people have played.

but hey, im still excited..
Griffter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jan 2014, 12:56   #4
Neilc
Multimodder

Neilc is definitely a rep cheat.Neilc is definitely a rep cheat.Neilc is definitely a rep cheat.Neilc is definitely a rep cheat.Neilc is definitely a rep cheat.Neilc is definitely a rep cheat.Neilc is definitely a rep cheat.Neilc is definitely a rep cheat.Neilc is definitely a rep cheat.Neilc is definitely a rep cheat.Neilc is definitely a rep cheat.
You were inaccurate with star citizen and funding, it is 100% crowd funded without any outside investment. Otherwise nice article
Old 2nd Jan 2014, 14:10   #5
LordLuciendar
meh.

LordLuciendar has yet to learn the way of the DremelLordLuciendar has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
How could this article have not mentioned Elder Scrolls Online? If you want to look to a game changing MMORPG, look there.
ASUS P8P67 Pro, Intel i7-2600k @ 4.5GHz, Thermaltake Frio, 16GB (4x4GB) Corsair Dominator 1866Mhz, 2xCorsair Force Series 3 120GB in RAID0, Enermax Platimax 1kW, 2xEVGA GTX 670 SuperClock 4GB, 3xAcer 1920x1200 24in IPS, 4x WD2500AAKS in RAID0, LG HD-DVD/BD-R/DVD-RW Drive... and more. That's just my workstation.
LordLuciendar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jan 2014, 14:12   #6
Spreadie
http://goo.gl/vNwEky

Spreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootiep View Post
You left out the return of true stealth. You've got a lot of great games up there, but Thief 4 is going to blow them all away.
Oh, I do hope you're right.

Although, I'm hoping that oculus rift lands on it's arse. The last thing we need is another expensive gimmick almost guaranteeing five years of zero progress in gaming. The Oculus Rift is cinema's 3D - a headache inducing veneer covering up an ever-increasing dearth of quality.

HL2 is great - I still love it - but the best gaming experience of this year was a 10 year old game played through a VR headset? Are you shitting me?!

2500K|Z77E-ITX|8GB|680|3007WFP-HC|DS Cube
Spreadie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jan 2014, 14:33   #7
law99
Custom User Title

law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.
I think oculus rift will be good... But yeah... Might stunt certain elements if it is staying at one res for 5+ years... But hey, so is console.

The decision to hand half life 2 no1 in their games of 2013 was pretty annoying. But then, nothing has grasped my attention other than some indie games I forgot to purchase.

The Last of Us I would have picked up if I had a ps3.
3570k WC @ 4.7giggles | 8gb Kingston 2133mhz | ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | R9 290 (awaiting wc block... ) | Seasonic x-660w | NZXT 810 switch | Crucial M4 128gb | 2x F3 1tb Raid 1 | NZXT Sentry 6ch 50w fan controller | eyefinity 4112x1024
law99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jan 2014, 14:33   #8
Scootiep
Multimodder

Scootiep has yet to learn the way of the DremelScootiep has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spreadie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootiep View Post
Oh, I do hope you're right.

Although, I'm hoping that oculus rift lands on it's arse. The last thing we need is another expensive gimmick almost guaranteeing five years of zero progress in gaming. The Oculus Rift is cinema's 3D - a headache inducing veneer covering up an ever-increasing dearth of quality.

HL2 is great - I still love it - but the best gaming experience of this year was a 10 year old game played through a VR headset? Are you shitting me?!
Quote for truth my good man. QFT!
Old 2nd Jan 2014, 14:44   #9
Scootiep
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffter
speaking under correction (as we all do via rumours and talks about unreleased games :-)) from the articles and online talks since e3, thief 4 seems to be making some nervous and started to look generic-ish from the demo these "some" people have played.

but hey, im still excited..
I don't hold too much faith in demos and their reviews. Too many times games have been ridiculously over-hyped because their demos looked "world changing" according to reviewers and then come release we find out that the demo was literally all the game had to offer. That as well as the flip side where a developer has to keep a ton of content under wraps until release and a game gets lambasted because it's "generic", again, according to reviewers. And the latter is especially true when refering to plot driven games. Until I see a review of the full game (or I write my own) I'm witholding my judgement and simply expressing my hopes and dreams so that everyone has record of when they are ceremoniously shredded before my eyes, stuffed neatly into a rocket and shot into the sun to crush my spirit yet again.

In case you can't tell, I've been waiting far to long and placed far to much of the worth of my life upon this game.
Old 2nd Jan 2014, 14:48   #10
Anfield
Hypermodder

Anfield is definitely a rep cheat.Anfield is definitely a rep cheat.Anfield is definitely a rep cheat.Anfield is definitely a rep cheat.Anfield is definitely a rep cheat.Anfield is definitely a rep cheat.Anfield is definitely a rep cheat.Anfield is definitely a rep cheat.Anfield is definitely a rep cheat.Anfield is definitely a rep cheat.Anfield is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLuciendar
How could this article have not mentioned Elder Scrolls Online? If you want to look to a game changing MMORPG, look there.
There are only 3 game changing MMORPGS:

1: Ultima Online, the one that defined what a MMORPG is.
2: WoW, first ever mmo that allowed noobs to feel like they accomplished something.
3: EVE, The only ever commercially successful MMORPG that didn't resolve around slaying monsters with swords.
Anfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jan 2014, 15:27   #11
Flibblebot
Smile with me

Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anfield View Post
There are only 3 game changing MMORPGS...
So that's it? Nobody else should bother trying because it's all been done?
Old 2nd Jan 2014, 15:51   #12
proxess
Hypermodder

proxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for president
Still waiting for HL3.
Ubuntu #8076 / Linux #429448
proxess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jan 2014, 16:26   #13
Redbeaver
The Other Red Meat

Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
how about Elder Scrolls Online?
ASUS Z97i-Plus - 4670K - 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA 660Ti - Crucial MX100 256GB - Corsair 250D [Modded]
www.pecelayam.com
Redbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jan 2014, 16:41   #14
captain caveman
life is pain

captain caveman is a Super Spamming Saiyancaptain caveman is a Super Spamming Saiyancaptain caveman is a Super Spamming Saiyancaptain caveman is a Super Spamming Saiyancaptain caveman is a Super Spamming Saiyancaptain caveman is a Super Spamming Saiyancaptain caveman is a Super Spamming Saiyancaptain caveman is a Super Spamming Saiyancaptain caveman is a Super Spamming Saiyancaptain caveman is a Super Spamming Saiyancaptain caveman is a Super Spamming Saiyan
i want bFbc3
captain caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jan 2014, 16:42   #15
captain caveman
life is pain

captain caveman is a Super Spamming Saiyancaptain caveman is a Super Spamming Saiyancaptain caveman is a Super Spamming Saiyancaptain caveman is a Super Spamming Saiyancaptain caveman is a Super Spamming Saiyancaptain caveman is a Super Spamming Saiyancaptain caveman is a Super Spamming Saiyancaptain caveman is a Super Spamming Saiyancaptain caveman is a Super Spamming Saiyancaptain caveman is a Super Spamming Saiyancaptain caveman is a Super Spamming Saiyan
bfbc2 is still the best FPS/multiplayer by a country mile
captain caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jan 2014, 17:16   #16
Maki role
Dale you're on a roll...

Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flibblebot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anfield View Post
There are only 3 game changing MMORPGS...
So that's it? Nobody else should bother trying because it's all been done?
Remember that something doesn't have to be game changing to be fun and worth playing. Many developers instead opt to refine things rather than bring in new dimensions (which let's face it are very few and far between).

As for the other comments, I'm a little puzzled by the Oculus dismissal. I don't really see how it could hold back games at all, after all it's just a screen. The only thing it could really affect negatively is the uptake of higher resolution monitors. Sure that's a bit of a shame, but I'd be rather disappointed also if people only equated screen resolution with game innovation. The shear level of immersion provided by the Oculus Rift is in itself a game changer. I can't wait to try out the higher resolution one next year.
Maki role is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jan 2014, 20:25   #17
Digi
The not-so-funny Cockney

Digi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run Crysis
Elder Scrolls Online. Game changing? No, I don't think so. It's going to buckle under the strain of the theme park MMO and end up a half and half mess. Mark my words!

A member of a mystical group of master-gamers. Find them hiding at www.tunedgaming.co.uk
Digi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jan 2014, 23:44   #18
edzieba
Supermodder

edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by law99 View Post
I think oculus rift will be good... But yeah... Might stunt certain elements if it is staying at one res for 5+ years...
Literally impossible. Palmer himself has said that they are intimately tied to the mobile-display dev cycle, which is on a brutal 9-12 month refresh. Once a cycle of displays is no longer produced for new phones, it essentially disappears (due to very tight supply management, manufacturers do not produce a surplus if they can possibly help it). Oculus HAVE to iterate in time with mobile display manufacturers if they actually want to buy enough panels to make up a production run.
Remember the delay in producing the kickstarted Rift devkit? And the shift from 5.6" to 7"? That's because there were not enough of those 5.6" panels in existence to fulfil the order.
edzieba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jan 2014, 09:44   #19
law99
Custom User Title

law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by edzieba
Quote:
Originally Posted by law99 View Post
I think oculus rift will be good... But yeah... Might stunt certain elements if it is staying at one res for 5+ years...
Literally impossible. Palmer himself has said that they are intimately tied to the mobile-display dev cycle, which is on a brutal 9-12 month refresh. Once a cycle of displays is no longer produced for new phones, it essentially disappears (due to very tight supply management, manufacturers do not produce a surplus if they can possibly help it). Oculus HAVE to iterate in time with mobile display manufacturers if they actually want to buy enough panels to make up a production run.
Remember the delay in producing the kickstarted Rift devkit? And the shift from 5.6" to 7"? That's because there were not enough of those 5.6" panels in existence to fulfil the order.
So you think a popular product committing to a life cycle won't change this? A dev kit is a dev kit mate... If Oculus sells well, they have an even better chance to stagnate. You don't think they only plan on selling a couple of thousand do you?
3570k WC @ 4.7giggles | 8gb Kingston 2133mhz | ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | R9 290 (awaiting wc block... ) | Seasonic x-660w | NZXT 810 switch | Crucial M4 128gb | 2x F3 1tb Raid 1 | NZXT Sentry 6ch 50w fan controller | eyefinity 4112x1024
law99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jan 2014, 16:05   #20
Dedlite
Modder

Dedlite has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
No Fallout 4? Has it not been officially announced then?
Dedlite is offline   Reply With Quote