bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 7th Jan 2014, 14:08   #1
Meanmotion
bleh

Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.
Asus announces PG278Q and PB287Q gaming monitors

Bringing Nvidia G-Sync to WQHD and lowering the cost of 4k.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...ming-monitor/1
Meanmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jan 2014, 15:04   #2
GeorgeStorm
Aggressive PC Builder

GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.
1440p 120hz me likey.

Scared of what the price will be once it's actually released in the UK though.
Old 7th Jan 2014, 19:26   #3
SchizoFrog
Ultramodder

SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Hasn't AMD tried to say that G-Sync is pointless?
Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit)
SchizoFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jan 2014, 21:12   #4
edzieba
Supermodder

edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.
If you're after a 2560x1440 IPS panel with G-sync then Overlord, sellers of the overclockable Korean IPS monitors, announced that they are working with Nvidia on G-sync.

Quote:
Hasn't AMD tried to say that G-Sync is pointless?
They didn;t quite tell the whole truth. VESA do mention the potential for varying the VBLANK timing in standards documentation. What the standards don't mention is a set method of reacting to that variance. It is perfectly within the standard for a monitor to just display "NO SIGNAL", show garbage, or show duplicate frames if it gets odd VSYNC timings. There's no requirement for monitors to handle arbitrary VBLANK triggering, so the vast majority don't. I'd bet money that the demo laptops (Satellite Click) they used in their freesync demo will only work due to having one specific model of panel, and if another panel (of equivalent LVDS timings) were substituted it would not function.

That is what G-Sync is for: providing a standard display controller so it can be assumed the variable VBLANK timing will be interpreted correctly. That, and allowing an accelerated read-in and read-out due to that big bank of RAM on-board (for increased memory bandwidth rather than storage space).
edzieba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jan 2014, 02:59   #5
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
The problem with IPS is that by nature it's response rate is very slow and overclocking it can produce improper images. If it was so good big companies would have jumped on it ages ago.
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jan 2014, 15:44   #6
Gradius
IT Consultant

Gradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for president
For sure PG278Q will be below $500.
Gradius is offline   Reply With Quote