bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 10th Jan 2014, 11:37   #1
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Valve mere days from VR SDK launch

Simple support for new headsets.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/.../10/valve-vr/1
Gareth Halfacree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2014, 11:52   #2
Griffter
Supermodder

Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
all hail Sire Gabe and his luscious hair!
Griffter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2014, 12:15   #3
Corky42
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Corky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
All the hardware in the world is no good without
Is I ever being sold to consumers ?
How much longer is this going to stay a developers toy.

Last edited by Corky42; 10th Jan 2014 at 16:03. Reason: I cant speeelll
Corky42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2014, 15:01   #4
Stanley Tweedle
Ultramodder

Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corky42
Quote:
All the hardware in the world is no good without
It ever being sold to consumers ?
How much longer is this going to stay a developers toy.
Until it's working as Palmer wants. In the space of a year it has gone from cardboard and black tape to professional looking product in the hands of every game studio and integrated into the very powerful Unreal engine. Instead of rushing out and unfinished product (like EA force Dice to do), Palmer will only release when the latency is as low as he can get it, upper body tracking, display optimisation etc. It's amazing what's been achieved so far considering he started this all by himself at home. It's not a toy either, Any HMD with tracking has very serious and useful applications especially when you consider oculus displays objects at true to life scale.

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/34771/...ift/index.html

The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

Last edited by Stanley Tweedle; 10th Jan 2014 at 15:59. Reason: because someone offered me free cat biscuits
Stanley Tweedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2014, 16:06   #5
Corky42
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Corky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Well it will be a toy for me
I guess its like waiting any new anything, you know its coming you just wish it was here now.
And hearing about new things being done with it just makes the wait all the worse
Old 10th Jan 2014, 16:22   #6
Stanley Tweedle
Ultramodder

Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corky42
Well it will be a toy for me
I guess its like waiting any new anything, you know its coming you just wish it was here now.
And hearing about new things being done with it just makes the wait all the worse
This is the greatest downside to Kickstarter. I'm finding it increasingly annoying to watch a video about a new piece of tech only to find that it doesn't exist and we have to fund it and wait xx years. I'm wondering if people will begin to feel "kick-starter anxiety" as more and more must-have items turn out to be projects that need to be developed?

It's amazing the way kickstarter gives people the opportunity to create their visions though.

Stanley Tweedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jan 2014, 04:13   #7
iggy
Hypermodder

iggy is definitely a rep cheat.iggy is definitely a rep cheat.iggy is definitely a rep cheat.iggy is definitely a rep cheat.iggy is definitely a rep cheat.iggy is definitely a rep cheat.iggy is definitely a rep cheat.iggy is definitely a rep cheat.iggy is definitely a rep cheat.iggy is definitely a rep cheat.iggy is definitely a rep cheat.
aww, boohoo, you have to wait. guess what kids, we were promised this **** in the 80s. us 80s kids are still waiting for our hoverboards, and kids from the 60s are still wondering where their goddamn flying cars are. tech these days is going from drawing board to end user product faster than ever so learn some ****ing patience.
Old 12th Jan 2014, 08:24   #8
Corky42
I Mod, Therefore I Own

WOW
Someone got up on the wrong side of the bed didn't they

Tags
crystal cove, head tracking, head-mounted display, oculus rift, sony, valve, virtual reality, vr, vr headset