bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 14th Feb 2014, 08:57   #1
Meanmotion
bleh

Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.
Asus ROG Poseidon GTX 780 Review

We look at Asus' overclocked and tweakable hybrid GeForce GTX 780 that can be air or water-cooled.
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/gra...x-780-review/1
Meanmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Feb 2014, 09:49   #2
SchizoFrog
Hypermodder

SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Not read the full review... yet! But I had to come and just say that I do think that is the best looking 'off the shelf' piece of PC hardware I have ever seen.

Also, I do think the price is not that bad either considering the ASUS DirectCUII card is only £60 less expensive. If I was considering spending that much on the air cooled ASUS card I think I would definitely pay the extra and get this instead. The only thing that would make me think twice is if they plan to release a Ti version at all...
Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit)
SchizoFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Feb 2014, 09:56   #3
AlienwareAndy
Banned

AlienwareAndy is definitely a rep cheat.AlienwareAndy is definitely a rep cheat.AlienwareAndy is definitely a rep cheat.AlienwareAndy is definitely a rep cheat.AlienwareAndy is definitely a rep cheat.AlienwareAndy is definitely a rep cheat.AlienwareAndy is definitely a rep cheat.AlienwareAndy is definitely a rep cheat.AlienwareAndy is definitely a rep cheat.AlienwareAndy is definitely a rep cheat.AlienwareAndy is definitely a rep cheat.
Just lovely.
AlienwareAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Feb 2014, 11:09   #4
Maki role
Dale you're on a roll...

Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.
Personally I think that this card is beautiful when compared with other air cooled cards, but hideous when compared to a card fitted with a normal block.

I can certainly see the useful side of this though. If anything it would be great thanks to the flexibility of not having to change from air to water and vice versa when circumstances change. If you're redoing a loop for instance, you could just run I on air whilst you sort other things out (just slap a simple heatsink on the CPU for that time). This is a fair bit more practical than having to remove the blocks and put the air coolers back on, or simply not have the option of using the PC at all in the interim.
Maki role is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Feb 2014, 12:00   #5
Panos
Multimodder

Panos can run CrysisPanos can run CrysisPanos can run CrysisPanos can run CrysisPanos can run CrysisPanos can run CrysisPanos can run CrysisPanos can run CrysisPanos can run CrysisPanos can run CrysisPanos can run Crysis
Another great review from bit-tech. Keep the good work guys.

In general, while the card is beautiful, at the price (£500) maybe tad bit expensive if go only for air?

A Zotac 780Ti AMP goes for £530, and a Palit 780Ti Jetstream for£519 which are pre overclocked to 1000 already.
Panos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Feb 2014, 12:30   #6
Si_the-dude
Techaholics Anonymous. 0 days clean

Si_the-dude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Si_the-dude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Si_the-dude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Si_the-dude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Si_the-dude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Si_the-dude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Si_the-dude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Si_the-dude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Si_the-dude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Si_the-dude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Si_the-dude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Pure sexytimes. Recent purchases aside I'd been waiting on ASUS releasing the TI version of this. I hope they do as this is a mighty fine bit o'kit! Good work ASUS!
Delidded i7 4770k @ 4.7- Custom EK loop with 360mm and 240mm rads - Watercooled GTX Titan SLI - Gigabyte G1 Sniper M5 - Corsair Vengeance 16gb with EK block - Monsoon Fittings - Phanteks Enthoo Primo - Dell U2713HM
Si_the-dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Feb 2014, 19:24   #7
law99
Custom User Title

law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.
Good idea and looks good? I missed the boat. Bought too early in this gen...
3570k WC @ 4.7giggles | 8gb Kingston 2133mhz | ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | R9 290 (awaiting wc block... ) | Seasonic x-660w | NZXT 810 switch | Crucial M4 128gb | 2x F3 1tb Raid 1 | NZXT Sentry 6ch 50w fan controller | eyefinity 4112x1024
law99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Feb 2014, 09:30   #8
Tattysnuc
Thinking about which mod to do 1st.

Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
If only they'd transfer these technologies over to an AMD 290 - then I'd have bought one... two actually.

When building a rig, it's a constant cause of frustration that I have to build once with Air cooling, then switch over component by component to test each installation of the water blocks - with component like this coming pre fitted, you can test it when it arrives by just plugging it in, then cut over to water cooling, piece by piece.

A great concept that looks exceptionally well delivered. Now all they have to do for me is have the fans as a clip on/off feature that reduces the waterblock down to a single card thickness for SLI purposes....
Tattysnuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Feb 2014, 10:13   #9
law99
Custom User Title

law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattysnuc
If only they'd transfer these technologies over to an AMD 290 - then I'd have bought one... two actually.

When building a rig, it's a constant cause of frustration that I have to build once with Air cooling, then switch over component by component to test each installation of the water blocks - with component like this coming pre fitted, you can test it when it arrives by just plugging it in, then cut over to water cooling, piece by piece.

A great concept that looks exceptionally well delivered. Now all they have to do for me is have the fans as a clip on/off feature that reduces the waterblock down to a single card thickness for SLI purposes....
Exactly! To stop constant tear downs, I need to basically buy another pump so I can test the block before chucking it in. That or just putting it in there and hoping for the best...
3570k WC @ 4.7giggles | 8gb Kingston 2133mhz | ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | R9 290 (awaiting wc block... ) | Seasonic x-660w | NZXT 810 switch | Crucial M4 128gb | 2x F3 1tb Raid 1 | NZXT Sentry 6ch 50w fan controller | eyefinity 4112x1024
law99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Feb 2014, 01:48   #10
brave758
Ultramodder

brave758 is definitely a rep cheat.brave758 is definitely a rep cheat.brave758 is definitely a rep cheat.brave758 is definitely a rep cheat.brave758 is definitely a rep cheat.brave758 is definitely a rep cheat.brave758 is definitely a rep cheat.brave758 is definitely a rep cheat.brave758 is definitely a rep cheat.brave758 is definitely a rep cheat.brave758 is definitely a rep cheat.
I love this. Asus... We want more
brave758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Feb 2014, 02:16   #11
Unicorn
Uniform November India

Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.
Hmm, now I'm wondering... This or an EVGA 780 Classified next payday? Decisions decisions....

FWIW I'm leaning towards this because it comes ready to liquid cool and also with a backplate, neither of which are true for the Classified unless you go for the Hydro Copper version, which doesn't allow running and testing without a loop installed and running. It's looking like EVGA just got done out of a sale by Asus. Again.

"For every stalwart bit-tech-worthy tech out there, another 2 cretinous arse-scratchers are out there pulling your patches and reconfiguring your ****." - Krikkit

Last edited by Unicorn; 16th Feb 2014 at 02:23.
Unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Feb 2014, 03:56   #12
siliconfanatic
Part-time forum lurker

siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.
Hybridized air/water cooler?

Do not let anything good in life pass you by. Cherish it with all of your heart, because before you know it even life will have passed you by. And if you let all those things pass you by? The only thing filling your heart will be deep sadness and regret. So whatever you do, hold on, and never let go.
siliconfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Feb 2014, 12:24   #13
SchizoFrog
Hypermodder

SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Is there any news about full cover water blocks for an ASUS GTX 760? I am thinking that if I went with ASUS (which I very much want to) then I would have to go with a GTX 770 rather than my GTX 760 choice and that is significantly more and would probably be above my limits... OR go with another GTX 760 supplier.
Old 16th Feb 2014, 13:36   #14
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
GTX 770 Poseidon should be on sale this month.
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Feb 2014, 13:48   #15
SchizoFrog
Hypermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindibadgi
Well if it has the same mark up as this version it is going to come in just under the lower priced OC'd and custom cooled GTX 780's at around £350.
Old 17th Feb 2014, 11:02   #16
Combatus
Custom PC/bit-tech modding sections

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindibadgi
You know where to send it
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?
Combatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Feb 2014, 12:42   #17
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combatus View Post
You know where to send it
Email Gareth

Also 'should' = no commitment
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote