bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 18th Feb 2014, 14:01   #1
Meanmotion
bleh

Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.
Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti Review

Nvidia's Maxwell architecture is here at last. What does the £115 GTX 750 Ti bring to the table?
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/gra...50-ti-review/1
Meanmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Feb 2014, 14:38   #2
rollo
I Mod, Therefore I Own

rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.
So this would be the fastest performing card that does not require a power connector of some discription?
rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Feb 2014, 14:56   #3
Dogbert666
I benchmark, therefore I am.
bit-tech Staff

Dogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollo
So this would be the fastest performing card that does not require a power connector of some discription?
As far as I know, yes.
Dogbert666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Feb 2014, 15:17   #4
penryn 2 hertz
I'm not a science fiction writer...

penryn 2 hertz is definitely a rep cheat.penryn 2 hertz is definitely a rep cheat.penryn 2 hertz is definitely a rep cheat.penryn 2 hertz is definitely a rep cheat.penryn 2 hertz is definitely a rep cheat.penryn 2 hertz is definitely a rep cheat.penryn 2 hertz is definitely a rep cheat.penryn 2 hertz is definitely a rep cheat.penryn 2 hertz is definitely a rep cheat.penryn 2 hertz is definitely a rep cheat.penryn 2 hertz is definitely a rep cheat.
Other brands will implement the 6 pin for overclocked versions. The cooler looks like trash in my opinion roll on aftermarket solutions...
“The atoms of our bodies are traceable to stars that manufactured them in their cores and exploded these enriched ingredients across our galaxy, billions of years ago. For this reason, we are biologically connected to every other living thing in the world. We are chemically connected to all molecules on Earth. And we are atomically connected to all atoms in the universe. We are not figuratively, but literally stardust.”
― Neil deGrasse Tyson
penryn 2 hertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Feb 2014, 15:22   #5
Hustler
Supermodder

Hustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by penryn 2 hertz
Other brands will implement the 6 pin for overclocked versions. The cooler looks like trash in my opinion roll on aftermarket solutions...
Which will add another £10-15 to the price, in which case you may as well get a R9 270...(unless you only have the option of a card that doesn't need a power connector of course)
Hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Feb 2014, 15:30   #6
Dedlite
Modder

Dedlite has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Can I ask, given your table on the first page, where does the 660 Ti (that I have) fit in?
Dedlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Feb 2014, 15:33   #7
penryn 2 hertz

penryn 2 hertz is definitely a rep cheat.penryn 2 hertz is definitely a rep cheat.penryn 2 hertz is definitely a rep cheat.penryn 2 hertz is definitely a rep cheat.penryn 2 hertz is definitely a rep cheat.penryn 2 hertz is definitely a rep cheat.penryn 2 hertz is definitely a rep cheat.penryn 2 hertz is definitely a rep cheat.penryn 2 hertz is definitely a rep cheat.penryn 2 hertz is definitely a rep cheat.penryn 2 hertz is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustler View Post
Which will add another £10-15 to the price, in which case you may as well get a R9 270...(unless you only have the option of a card that doesn't need a power connector of course)
They will be always expensive on release then drop about £20 a few weeks later... Aftermarket brands will be the same price as the stock card on release...
“The atoms of our bodies are traceable to stars that manufactured them in their cores and exploded these enriched ingredients across our galaxy, billions of years ago. For this reason, we are biologically connected to every other living thing in the world. We are chemically connected to all molecules on Earth. And we are atomically connected to all atoms in the universe. We are not figuratively, but literally stardust.”
― Neil deGrasse Tyson
Old 18th Feb 2014, 15:44   #8
Dogbert666
I benchmark, therefore I am.
bit-tech Staff

Dogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedlite
Can I ask, given your table on the first page, where does the 660 Ti (that I have) fit in?
Sure. The GTX 660 Ti is no longer considered part of the current generation of cards, so it's not in production. However, it technically fits in above the GTX 660, and performs just below the level of the GTX 760, which is a current card
Dogbert666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Feb 2014, 15:50   #9
penryn 2 hertz

Strange place to put power connector...

― Neil deGrasse Tyson
Old 18th Feb 2014, 15:52   #10
schmidtbag
Hypermodder

schmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
This card seems to yield much better results under linux, at least compared to other cards (including nvidia brand). I'm not sure if the same tests perform better in linux compared to windows, but lately that seems to be the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by penryn 2 hertz View Post
Strange place to put power connector...

Also a seriously overkill heatsink.
Old 18th Feb 2014, 16:03   #11
Shirty
R.I.P. KidMod

Shirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I expect it was the smallest one they had
Old 18th Feb 2014, 17:10   #12
GuilleAcoustic
Ook ? Ook !

GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.
Good to see a capable card with NO power connector. Hope we'll see some REAL single slot version.

i5 4570 - Asus Z87 Gryphon + Thermal Armor - 8GB - Sandisk Extreme II 240GB - EVGA GTX770 - PC-V353A
GuilleAcoustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Feb 2014, 17:20   #13
The_Crapman
MD of M.Z.A. Inc and Weasel Pimp

The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.
Wow. Evga cheesecake has core clock of 1189, boosting to 1268. Ridiculous! This all bodes very well for higher end cards. AMD best have some very big improvements over their current architecture, but i have a feeling everyone in their HQ just gulped very, very hard.

How to Get a FREE (sort of) Hard Drive and Other Small Parts
The_Crapman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Feb 2014, 17:47   #14
Sheiken
Wat?

Sheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
I could very well be interested in this card.

I love the efficiency of it!
Old 18th Feb 2014, 18:05   #15
SlowMotionSuicide
Come Hell or High Water

SlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for president
Holy **** hadn't realized how far the latest cards have become since my GTX480. Bested by low-end budget card! Nice of you to have it (480) included in the graphs.

Time for an upgrade methinks, atleast when the higher end cards hit the shelves.

HTPC: i3-3225 | H77-Pro4-M | 4Gb Ripjaws | GTX 660 |120 Gb Samsung 840 | Corsair CX400W | Silverstone GD-04
SlowMotionSuicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Feb 2014, 21:22   #16
schmidtbag
Hypermodder

schmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowMotionSuicide View Post
Holy **** hadn't realized how far the latest cards have become since my GTX480. Bested by low-end budget card! Nice of you to have it (480) included in the graphs.

Time for an upgrade methinks, atleast when the higher end cards hit the shelves.
I know what you mean, it is a little irritating. I own 2 overclocked HD5750s and they're not going to be able to keep up much longer. Together, they can play just about any last-gen game at full detail (without AA) at 1080p but I don't even think slapping a 3rd card in there will make my current system keep up with newer games. I think it's a little too early for me to decide to upgrade though - right now the 750Ti has the best performance-per-watt of any GPU and by a large margin. I want to see it's PPW ratio on more high-end cards.

But I feel things have been a little too calm in the GPU world lately. Regardless of the bias people have for each company, AMD and nvidia are pretty head to head in performance, depending on what tests you're looking at. We haven't had a big change in a long time. GPUs aren't getting much faster or more efficient lately - the changes feel very incremental. I feel like something big has to happen soon.
Old 18th Feb 2014, 23:22   #17
MrJay
You are always where you want to be

MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.
Wow, those are some pretty sweet numbers from such a low wattage card, plumped for a 650ti for a recent build for a friend. He was interested in playing Nvidia optimised titles and it was the only card in his price bracket. This card will be ideal for future friends and family budget builds : )

HTPC Silverstone Milo - A4 -5300 APU Undervolted - Biostar HI-FI A85SC - 4GB Corsair Ram Overclocked to 1600mhz - 64GB Toshiba X-Gale SSD
MrJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Feb 2014, 02:56   #18
jrs77
theorycrafting

jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuilleAcoustic View Post
Good to see a capable card with NO power connector. Hope we'll see some REAL single slot version.
/this

I'd really like to see a single-slot GTX750, preferably in low-profile

Totally kills the AMD R7-250, which I was considering for my next mITX-system and isn't that much more expensive either.

Stop using your smartphone as much and look up!
jrs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Feb 2014, 08:33   #19
SchizoFrog
Ultramodder

SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Can I also ask if you have an ASUS GTX 750 Ti DirectCUII coming any time soon for review?
Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit)
SchizoFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Feb 2014, 08:52   #20
AlienwareAndy
Banned

AlienwareAndy is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlienwareAndy is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlienwareAndy is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlienwareAndy is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlienwareAndy is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlienwareAndy is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlienwareAndy is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlienwareAndy is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlienwareAndy is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlienwareAndy is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlienwareAndy is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowMotionSuicide View Post

Hmm. Well I must say the 750 looks very impressive however I do have my reservations. I used to own a pair of 480s and when clocked pretty high they could nip at the heels of a stock 7970 (one not both !). I know things have moved on and I know that these new cards are pretty sweet but unless you're in it for the power savings I think the 480 would still be the better card.

I must say though the power use is pretty amazing. Shame Nvidia have put such a horrid looking cooler on it.
AlienwareAndy is offline   Reply With Quote