bit-tech.net

Old 4th Mar 2014, 11:43   #1
Meanmotion
bleh

Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.
Antec P100 Review

The Antec P100 is packed with sound-proofing and is low-cost too.
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cas...-p100-review/1
Meanmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Mar 2014, 12:40   #2
Pookie
Lest We Forget

Pookie is a Super Spamming SaiyanPookie is a Super Spamming SaiyanPookie is a Super Spamming SaiyanPookie is a Super Spamming SaiyanPookie is a Super Spamming SaiyanPookie is a Super Spamming SaiyanPookie is a Super Spamming SaiyanPookie is a Super Spamming SaiyanPookie is a Super Spamming SaiyanPookie is a Super Spamming SaiyanPookie is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Is it me or have Antec really struggled to keep up over the last few years? There was a time when they were pretty much market leaders with cases and power supplies.
Fractal R4/ GA-X58A-UD3R / Corsair RM850/ Westmere Xeon X5650 2.66Ghz Hex core / Corsair H60 (2013 Model) with 2 x Corsair SP120 / Corsair Force GT 120 SSD /Sapphire R9 290X / 12GB (3x4GB)Corsair Dominator 1600mhz with Airflow Kit / AOC i2757fm 27" IPS Monitor/ Razer Lachesis.
Rotel RA-02 Amplifier/ B&W DM601 S3/ QED XT350 With Airlock plugs/All QED Interconnects.

http://www.compucare.co.uk/
Pookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Mar 2014, 16:31   #3
pbryanw
Multimodder

pbryanw has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
@Pookie - Yep, I agree. It seems like they had a big hit with their P180/2/3 series of cases then sat back and let other companies like Corsair, Bitfenix and Fractal innovate and overtake them (or in Fractal's case, copy and improve upon). I had a P183 and compared to my current case, a Corsair 550D, it was a pain to work in. Not sure whether this and cases like the P280 are a return to form.

Last edited by pbryanw; 4th Mar 2014 at 22:15.
pbryanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Mar 2014, 00:36   #4
The_Crapman
MD of M.Z.A. Inc and Weasel Pimp

The_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming Saiyan
my thoughts exactly. absolutely loved the P18x series (193 was a bit of an oddball uncle but hey, at least they were trying somehting a bit different) and they had the hundred series which weren't really my bag but ok and worked really well. Then there's just not been anything for such a long time and what they've come back with seems like a step backwards, like designs they threw away previously. The company that pretty much invented the midplate just don't have squat and it's very disappointing.

Maybe time to hire some new designers?
XSPC Twin DDC Dual Bay Res, 2x Laing DDC-1T Plus, Alphacool NexXxoS XP≥ Light - Acetal Edition, Alphacool NexXxoS NVXP GTX760 Full Cover Copper Block, Alphacool Heatmaster II, 2x 240mm Alphacool ST30 Full Copper Rads, 5x
Xigmatec CLF Red 120mm Fans
The_Crapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Mar 2014, 01:07   #5
Maki role
Dale you're on a roll...

Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.
Well, you may have already seen this before, but the Antec 1900 basically sums up what they are now in the case market. Here's the OC3D video review:

Now I don't usually watch the whole video for these reviews (they're just too damn long most of the time) but this had me in stitches. Skip to 6:20 if you want to see the hilarity of TTL slapping the crap out of this case because it refuses to cooperate.

I know that this isn't the case that was reviewed here, but damn Antec, how did you get it so wrong?? I mean they designed a super tower case with native support for just one (yes you read that correctly, one) 240mm radiator. Not only that, but you have rigid HDD trays like the ones shown in this basic case that was reviewed by Bit, the wiring is atrocious, the construction is flimsy and poor (those flapping doors on the bottom...) and you can't even use the pedestal properly anyway as there's no real ventilation.

That case would have been bad in 2007, never mind 2014.

On a lighter note though, are we going to be seeing an NZXT H440 review any time soon? I mean it's only being lauded as one of the best cases designed yet, would be nice to see Bit's take on it. There are a lot of truly fantastic cases that have just arrived or are on the horizon currently. NZXT, Corsair, Bitfenix, Coolermaster and now Phanteks have really put their best foot forwards going into 2014.
Maki role is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Mar 2014, 23:47   #6
Dogbert666
I benchmark, therefore I am.
bit-tech Staff

Dogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maki role View Post
On a lighter note though, are we going to be seeing an NZXT H440 review any time soon? I mean it's only being lauded as one of the best cases designed yet, would be nice to see Bit's take on it.
Trust me, we're just as eager to look at it! We've been trying to get it since announcement but it's had some supply issues. Will chase on it though
Dogbert666 is offline   Reply With Quote