bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 12th Mar 2014, 16:09   #1
Meanmotion
bleh

Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.
Nvidia 800M laptop graphics launches

Nvidia unveils its latest laptop graphics, with impressively low power consumption.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...ics-launches/1
Meanmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Mar 2014, 16:43   #2
SchizoFrog
Hypermodder

SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Last week I was in Germany and was looking at laptops as I am thinking of buying a new one for my girlfriend who lives there and I noticed that several were labelled to include 840M GPUs.

Can't say I am happy with the mixed architectures used across the 800M series.

Can someone also suggest where a good comparison (or reviews of mobile parts) can be made between the performance of desktop parts and mobile parts as I know they are vastly different even if they carry the same model number? As I would like to know and understand exactly what I am getting for my money and the mobile market seems a very clouded area these days.
Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit)
SchizoFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Mar 2014, 17:23   #3
rollo
I Mod, Therefore I Own

rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.
Wonder how much the top end version of this will cost.
rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Mar 2014, 17:41   #4
SchizoFrog
Hypermodder

SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollo
Wonder how much the top end version of this will cost.
Shouldn't be too hard to work out as the top end is a higher clocked 780M as stated in the article. So I would imagine the same or a little less as manufacturing processes mature further.
Old 13th Mar 2014, 03:48   #5
AlphaAngel
Hypermodder

AlphaAngel is definitely a rep cheat.AlphaAngel is definitely a rep cheat.AlphaAngel is definitely a rep cheat.AlphaAngel is definitely a rep cheat.AlphaAngel is definitely a rep cheat.AlphaAngel is definitely a rep cheat.AlphaAngel is definitely a rep cheat.AlphaAngel is definitely a rep cheat.AlphaAngel is definitely a rep cheat.AlphaAngel is definitely a rep cheat.AlphaAngel is definitely a rep cheat.
There are some good gpu comparisons on notebook review. They have a list of all gpus, desktop and mobile which have all been tested against quite a few games. I will hunt out a link if I remember later.

I can only find this right now, hope it helps:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-...ist.844.0.html

(remember to select both desktop and laptop GPUs in the menu at the top)
Old 13th Mar 2014, 18:51   #6
xaser04
Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.
Some correction needed here. The 860M comes in both Kepler & Maxwell forms:

Kepler - 1152 cores @ 797+ boost
Maxwell - 640 cores @ 1029 + boost

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7834/n...-battery-boost

(Sorry for linking to a competing site here but the Nvidia website doesn't specify the difference beyond core count).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anandtech Article
Where things get a little [*cough*] interesting is when we get to the GTX 860M. As we’ve seen in the past, NVIDIA will have two different overlapping models of the 860M available, and they’re really not very similar (though pure performance will probably be pretty close). On the one hand, the Kepler-based 860M will use GK104 with yet another SMX and a memory channel disabled, giving us 1152 cores running at 797MHz + Boost and a 128-bit memory interface. This will probably result in performance relatively close to the previous generation GTX 770M (slightly higher shader performance but slightly less memory bandwidth).
Good to see the 870M gets a decent boost. The old 770M was quite frankly crap in comparison to the 780M.
xaser04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Mar 2014, 23:39   #7
SchizoFrog
Hypermodder

Any idea when we will start to see mainstream laptops with 850M and 860M parts?