bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 25th Mar 2014, 13:50   #1
Meanmotion
bleh

Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.
Corsair Obsidian 450D Review

We loved the Obsidian 750D but if it's too big or pricey for you, then the 450D could fit the bill.
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cas...-450d-review/1
Meanmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Mar 2014, 02:00   #2
SchizoFrog
Hypermodder

SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
When I first saw the 450D on a different site I was looking forward to Bit-Tech's review but with a sense of trepidation. The reason being that I have just updated my current system along with giving it a new home within a Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 and while I am super happy (I know, me 'happy' right?) with the Arc Midi I have also decided that when I build a complete new gaming system later this year that I would use the Corsair 250D and I felt a little 'Oops' moment coming as I do like things to match whenever I can and so the 450D alongside the 250D would look supreme.

However, after reading the full review I can honestly say that the trepidation has passed and I feel I avoided such an 'Oops'. I certainly agree that the 450D is an amazing case and deserving of all the high end components sure to be heading it's way in many future builds, but the few negatives such as lacking a fan controller and a significantly higher price serve to alleviate my fears. Overall, this is a fantastic case but I am still happy I choose the Arc Midi.
Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit)
SchizoFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Mar 2014, 03:22   #3
Otis1337
aka - Reaper

Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.
getting board of Corsair's uniform look across all there range. spice it up!
that said im a massive fan of the 250D.
Old 26th Mar 2014, 10:24   #4
Combatus
Custom PC/bit-tech modding sections

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizoFrog
When I first saw the 450D on a different site I was looking forward to Bit-Tech's review but with a sense of trepidation. The reason being that I have just updated my current system along with giving it a new home within a Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 and while I am super happy (I know, me 'happy' right?) with the Arc Midi I have also decided that when I build a complete new gaming system later this year that I would use the Corsair 250D and I felt a little 'Oops' moment coming as I do like things to match whenever I can and so the 450D alongside the 250D would look supreme.

However, after reading the full review I can honestly say that the trepidation has passed and I feel I avoided such an 'Oops'. I certainly agree that the 450D is an amazing case and deserving of all the high end components sure to be heading it's way in many future builds, but the few negatives such as lacking a fan controller and a significantly higher price serve to alleviate my fears. Overall, this is a fantastic case but I am still happy I choose the Arc Midi.
I think you hit the nail on the head there. It is a fantastic case but as I mentioned at the end, the Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 is just as good in many ways and a lot cheaper, although you do get what you'd expect with the 450D for your money - better water-cooling support and a more premium-feeling case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otis1337
getting board of Corsair's uniform look across all there range. spice it up!
that said im a massive fan of the 250D.
With the 350D, 750D and 900D I'd certainly agree (these things are subjective of course and some people like this kind of look) but I do think the grille makes a big difference - in the flesh anyway
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?
Combatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Mar 2014, 14:58   #5
tonyd223
king of nothing

tonyd223 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quite interested in the NZXT H440... As for water cooling - aren't most people using AIO's rather than custom loops - even here at BT?
tonyd223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Mar 2014, 17:47   #6
Dogbert666
I benchmark, therefore I am.
bit-tech Staff

Dogbert666 is definitely a rep cheat.Dogbert666 is definitely a rep cheat.Dogbert666 is definitely a rep cheat.Dogbert666 is definitely a rep cheat.Dogbert666 is definitely a rep cheat.Dogbert666 is definitely a rep cheat.Dogbert666 is definitely a rep cheat.Dogbert666 is definitely a rep cheat.Dogbert666 is definitely a rep cheat.Dogbert666 is definitely a rep cheat.Dogbert666 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyd223
Quite interested in the NZXT H440... As for water cooling - aren't most people using AIO's rather than custom loops - even here at BT?
We're *still* trying to get that damn case in
Dogbert666 is offline   Reply With Quote