bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 25th Mar 2014, 17:03   #1
Meanmotion
bleh

Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.
HTC One M8 officially unveiled

HTC's new flagship Android phone is faster and longer lasting, with a host of new features too.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...lly-unveiled/1
Meanmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Mar 2014, 17:17   #2
SexyHyde
Supermodder

SexyHyde has yet to learn the way of the DremelSexyHyde has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
They hype this reveal beyond belief. Then their livestream doesn't work. I spent too long trying to watch it. I'm one disappointed htc fan.
SexyHyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Mar 2014, 18:25   #3
kenco_uk
I unsuccessfully then tried again

kenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Cool, Snapdragon 801 wins and the Lytro capability should be incredibly useful. It looks nice, too.
Old 25th Mar 2014, 19:51   #4
raxonb
Multimodder

raxonb has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The M7 was awesome and now the M8 seems to improve on every aspect. I hope HTC gets the recognition and sales it deserves with this handset. I love that new case too! May it become legendary like the HD2, which I still use as a backup and runs KitKat and Windows 7.8 on dualboot!

To Be This Good Takes AGES...
To Be This Good Takes SEGA
raxonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Mar 2014, 21:44   #5
Sloth
#yolo #swag

Sloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming Saiyan
u wot m8?
Old 25th Mar 2014, 22:38   #6
wolfticket
Downwind from the bloodhounds

wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
u wot m8?
-Getin a htc one m8.

-Hi m8, a htc one? nice.

-No, a htc one m8.

-What?

-Eh?

"A facility for quotation covers the absence of original thought."
Dorothy L. Sayers (1893 - 1957)
wolfticket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Mar 2014, 00:25   #7
SexyHyde
Supermodder

SexyHyde has yet to learn the way of the DremelSexyHyde has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenco_uk
Cool, Snapdragon 801 wins and the Lytro capability should be incredibly useful. It looks nice, too.
It's no where near as capable as Lytro. The battery efficiency is rolling out to the (old) One. I'm just waiting on the OnePlus One now to see what i'm going to upgrade to.
Old 26th Mar 2014, 09:19   #8
Almightyrastus
Engineering the awesome

Almightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I've had a One X for the past 2 years and it's been great so was really looking forward to hearing about the M8 as I am due for an upgrade in the next couple of months but it's not doing much for me, it doesn't really feel like anything new, so far the Sony Z2 is still the one I will be going for unless it turns out to be truly nasty to use once I get to have a play around with one.
Lo there do I see my Father. Lo there do I see my Mother, and my Sisters and my Brothers. Lo there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning. Lo they do call to me. They bid me take my place among them, in the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.
Almightyrastus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Mar 2014, 10:19   #9
exceededgoku
Modder

exceededgoku has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'd like to see phones start to come with 32GB as standard, even with 32GB I'm filling my phone up with a few games, youtube videos, etc.

Can't even fathom how people get along with the iPhones without some sort of external storage...
exceededgoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Mar 2014, 10:26   #10
faugusztin
I *am* the guy with two left hands

faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Well to me (HTC One owner) it is just a minor upgrade. Sure, they increased the screen size a bit (not sure that is an upgrade), the CPU is a bit better (but for most tasks, the Snapdragon 600 was good too), the camera upgrades are meh for me (i have yet to see a good picture made by an HTC camera ). Pretty much the only real upgrade is the microSD slot, but only if you need that extra storage. I still have 20GB free on my 32GB HTC One running since the HTC One launch in my country.
Old 26th Mar 2014, 11:04   #11
Almightyrastus
Engineering the awesome

Almightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I doubt whether I have filled anything more than 3GB on my One X. The only thing I would be putting on it to use up space would be music and as the One X uses Beats for the sound processing, #### that, I'll stick to my old iPod/Fiio E07k combo.
Lo there do I see my Father. Lo there do I see my Mother, and my Sisters and my Brothers. Lo there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning. Lo they do call to me. They bid me take my place among them, in the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.
Old 26th Mar 2014, 11:32   #12
Shirty
V BURN MY EYES V

Shirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by faugusztin View Post
Well to me (HTC One owner) it is just a minor upgrade. Sure, they increased the screen size a bit (not sure that is an upgrade), the CPU is a bit better (but for most tasks, the Snapdragon 600 was good too), the camera upgrades are meh for me (i have yet to see a good picture made by an HTC camera ). Pretty much the only real upgrade is the microSD slot, but only if you need that extra storage. I still have 20GB free on my 32GB HTC One running since the HTC One launch in my country.
Exactly what I would have posted if you had't beaten me to it.

I think in this day and age of 2 year contracts it's worth skipping a generation to really feel a big difference when you upgrade. I've only had this One since last autumn, and theoretically I could replace it in September, but I suspect I'll end up using it for the full 2 years.
Old 26th Mar 2014, 12:13   #13
SexyHyde
Supermodder

I've still got 6 months left on my One X which I love, but I need boomsound. I'm waiting for the OnePlus One before I make a final decision. Suspect I'll pick a Desire 816 or HTC One (m7) if I can pick a new one cheap enough.

I've got a 16GB One X and use it a fair bit and download Torrents on it too. USB otg with usb3 drive is definitely better than sd for me.
Old 26th Mar 2014, 13:41   #14
kenco_uk
I unsuccessfully then tried again

kenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almightyrastus View Post
I've had a One X for the past 2 years and it's been great so was really looking forward to hearing about the M8 as I am due for an upgrade in the next couple of months but it's not doing much for me, it doesn't really feel like anything new, so far the Sony Z2 is still the one I will be going for unless it turns out to be truly nasty to use once I get to have a play around with one.
Same here, although my contract ended three weeks ago. I couldn't wait and went for something a little different - a Note 3. Loving it so far.
Old 26th Mar 2014, 15:08   #15
Almightyrastus
Engineering the awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenco_uk View Post
Same here, although my contract ended three weeks ago. I couldn't wait and went for something a little different - a Note 3. Loving it so far.
I've had a play around with the Samsungs as well and I'm just not fussed on the interface that they overlay on the OS. I know I could put a custom ROM on or re-skin one but I'd rather have something I liked out of the box. That's the one thing that would possibly make me stay with HTC, I like the Sense overlay but even so, I can't see myself going for this, just not enough of an upgrade/change from what I have.
Old 27th Mar 2014, 13:36   #16
Coltch
Multimodder

Coltch has yet to learn the way of the DremelColtch has yet to learn the way of the DremelColtch has yet to learn the way of the DremelColtch has yet to learn the way of the DremelColtch has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I will be getting one of these as a replacement for my One X as I've been due an upgrade for the last 2 months.