bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 31st Mar 2014, 09:28   #1
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Intel upgrades the Edison

Opts for tried-and-tested Atom.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...-edison-atom/1
Gareth Halfacree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Mar 2014, 10:51   #2
Narishma
Multimodder

Narishma has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I was under the impression that Quark was more of a beefed up 486 rather than Pentium.
Narishma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Mar 2014, 11:01   #3
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narishma View Post
I was under the impression that Quark was more of a beefed up 486 rather than Pentium.
Then you were under the wrong impression; it's the full Pentium instruction set architecture, right down to having the F00F Bug - which wasn't present on the 486. I can tell you that as an absolute certainty, 'cos I've got a Quark-based Galileo right 'ere.
Old 31st Mar 2014, 11:20   #4
GuilleAcoustic
Ook ? Ook !

GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.
Might be interesting. I'm after something that can handle FLAC and generate I²S signal. Right now the Beagle Bone Black is my best friend, but I'm not done searching for another viable solution .

i5 4570 - Asus Z87 Gryphon + Thermal Armor - 8GB - Sandisk Extreme II 240GB - EVGA GTX770 - PC-V353A
GuilleAcoustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Mar 2014, 11:23   #5
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuilleAcoustic View Post
Might be interesting. I'm after something that can handle FLAC and generate I²S signal. Right now the Beagle Bone Black is my best friend, but I'm not done searching for another viable solution .
The Edison's no good for you, then; it's more of a computer-on-module (CoM) than a single-board computer (SoC). Have you looked into a Raspberry Pi with a Wolfson Audio board attached?
Old 31st Mar 2014, 12:00   #6
GuilleAcoustic
Ook ? Ook !

GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.
I'm following this blog : http://hifiduino.wordpress.com/

They made an interresting comparison between Rpi and BBB : http://hifiduino.wordpress.com/2014/...ack-for-audio/

I have an antique (1963) Telefunken valve amp + valve radio tuner that I'm willing to modernize. The idea is to keep the antique look of it and add a network controlled media player. I need a C with ethernet + IS to access and read audio files (or web radios) and and IS DAC to send analog signal to the preamp stage (ECC83).

I've ordered two Ti/BurrBrown PCM1794A chip soldered onto an SSOP28 to DIP adaptor for the DAC purpose (one per channel).

Last edited by GuilleAcoustic; 31st Mar 2014 at 13:07.
GuilleAcoustic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
atom, brian krzanich, ces, edison, embedded, galileo, intel, mcu, michael bell, quark, silvermont