bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 3rd Apr 2014, 19:51   #1
Dogbert666
I benchmark, therefore I am.
bit-tech Staff

Dogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Antec Kühler H20 950 Review

With a thick radiator and updated pump design, is the refreshed Kühler range still up to scratch?

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/coo...0-950-review/1

Last edited by Dogbert666; 9th Apr 2014 at 21:30.
Dogbert666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Apr 2014, 20:03   #2
CrapBag
I Mod, Therefore I Own

CrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I've been considering an AIO because I'm fed up with the size of air coolers and the fact that they reduce access to parts of the mobo (mainly ram) but these AIO's seem to take up just as much space albeit in a different area.

If I was to fit one of these into my case it would still restrict access to the mobo cpu power socket and I'd imagine.

It's the dual fan idea that seems to bulk them out.
CrapBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Apr 2014, 20:49   #3
Combatus
Custom PC/bit-tech modding sections

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrapBag View Post
I've been considering an AIO because I'm fed up with the size of air coolers and the fact that they reduce access to parts of the mobo (mainly ram) but these AIO's seem to take up just as much space albeit in a different area.

If I was to fit one of these into my case it would still restrict access to the mobo cpu power socket and I'd imagine.

That is true, although I guess AIOs do at least let you remove the radiator giving you full access to the motherboard. This is usually just held in using four screws so is much easier to remove (and reinstall) than an entire large air cooler.
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?
Combatus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Apr 2014, 14:29   #4
Farfalho
Supermodder

Farfalho has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
So, still nothing on AMD platform? This has being a recurrent thing with no explanation so far :\
You guys know there are people still with AMD.
Farfalho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Apr 2014, 17:54   #5
AlienwareAndy
Banned

AlienwareAndy is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlienwareAndy is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlienwareAndy is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlienwareAndy is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlienwareAndy is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlienwareAndy is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlienwareAndy is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlienwareAndy is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlienwareAndy is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlienwareAndy is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlienwareAndy is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrapBag View Post

Then get a H100 or dual rad of sorts and find a case where you can fit it in the roof. Then you have one block/pump and that's it. They leave tons of room to work around.
AlienwareAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Apr 2014, 20:09   #6
CrapBag
I Mod, Therefore I Own

CrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I love my case so that's not an option, I'm not knocking these coolers I'm just saying size wise they don't save much physical space they just relocate it.

My case takes 2 x 140mm fans in the roof so I could fit a H100 style cooler but it would still encroach on my board.
CrapBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Apr 2014, 10:14   #7
Maki role
Dale you're on a roll...

Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrapBag
I love my case so that's not an option, I'm not knocking these coolers I'm just saying size wise they don't save much physical space they just relocate it.
I thought that was one of the major advantages, that they simply relocate the cooling to an area that's a little more out of the way? After all, it's not as if they're suddenly going to magically shrink in total size, we're still dealing with dissipating all the heat into flowing air after all.
Maki role is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Apr 2014, 20:17   #8
Nikumba
Supermodder

Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Think the copy on the front page is wrong :P

HARDWARE > COOLING | 3rd Apr 2014 6
With a slimmer radiator and thinner tubes than the H80i, is the £64 H75 still up to scratch?

I am pretty sure the H80 and the H75 are Corsair

Kimbie
Nikumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Apr 2014, 21:30   #9
Dogbert666
I benchmark, therefore I am.
bit-tech Staff

Dogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikumba View Post
Think the copy on the front page is wrong :P

HARDWARE > COOLING | 3rd Apr 2014 6
With a slimmer radiator and thinner tubes than the H80i, is the £64 H75 still up to scratch?

I am pretty sure the H80 and the H75 are Corsair

Kimbie
I don't know what you're talking about

(thanks)
Dogbert666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Apr 2014, 22:08   #10
Nikumba
Supermodder

Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
teehee no worries
Nikumba is offline   Reply With Quote