bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 15th Apr 2014, 15:40   #1
Combatus
Custom PC/bit-tech modding sections

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
MSI Shows Z97 Motherboards Including Mini-ITX

MSI Shows Z97 Motherboards Including Mini-ITX

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...cluding-mini/1
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?
Combatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Apr 2014, 16:44   #2
mikemaher205
Multimodder

mikemaher205 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Does the M.2 slot mean a small SSD can be mounted directly to the motherboard? Sorry for the n00b question.
mikemaher205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Apr 2014, 16:55   #3
montymole
Rigid Tubist

montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
i would of liked to seen the 8pin and the 24 pin connectors next to each other at the edge of the board like the Asus ones
montymole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Apr 2014, 16:57   #4
montymole
Rigid Tubist

montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemaher205 View Post
Does the M.2 slot mean a small SSD can be mounted directly to the motherboard? Sorry for the n00b question.
yes and the M.2 is a faster then the mSATA
one i think
montymole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Apr 2014, 17:05   #5
littlepuppi
Currently playing MWO and loving it

littlepuppi is a Super Spamming Saiyanlittlepuppi is a Super Spamming Saiyanlittlepuppi is a Super Spamming Saiyanlittlepuppi is a Super Spamming Saiyanlittlepuppi is a Super Spamming Saiyanlittlepuppi is a Super Spamming Saiyanlittlepuppi is a Super Spamming Saiyanlittlepuppi is a Super Spamming Saiyanlittlepuppi is a Super Spamming Saiyanlittlepuppi is a Super Spamming Saiyanlittlepuppi is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Indeed - about 30% quicker I think (than SATA 3) which is what MSATA is - a direct attached SATA drive.
250GB Evo | 1TB SSHD | 500GB SATA
littlepuppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Apr 2014, 17:07   #6
IanW
Grumpy Old Git

IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlepuppi View Post
Indeed - about 30% quicker I think (than SATA 3) which is what MSATA is - a direct attached SATA drive.
Wonder how many PCIe lanes it'll use?
IanW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Apr 2014, 18:04   #7
Wazza
What's a Dremel?

Wazza has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
More details here....want!
http://www.eteknix.com/6-new-boards-...si-z97-lineup/
Wazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Apr 2014, 18:25   #8
play_boy_2000
Ultramodder

play_boy_2000 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.play_boy_2000 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.play_boy_2000 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.play_boy_2000 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.play_boy_2000 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.play_boy_2000 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.play_boy_2000 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.play_boy_2000 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.play_boy_2000 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.play_boy_2000 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.play_boy_2000 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanW View Post
Wonder how many PCIe lanes it'll use?
A pair of 3.0 lanes, providing just shy of 2GB/s throughput; 3x as much as sata 6gbit
Asus P8P67
Patriot Wildfire 120GB SSD + 1TB x6 (4.54TB formatted) Raid5 on RocketRaid 2680
play_boy_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Apr 2014, 19:00   #9
Hustler
Supermodder

Hustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for president
For once the stars have aligned,

...my new PC build is going to coincide with an Intel CPU/Mobo refresh as well as falling RAM and SSD prices.
Hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Apr 2014, 20:27   #10
jrs77
theorycrafting

jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
That mITX-board looks damn nice tbh.

Stop using your smartphone as much and look up!
jrs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Apr 2014, 21:51   #11
SchizoFrog
Ultramodder

SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustler
For once the stars have aligned,

...my new PC build is going to coincide with an Intel CPU/Mobo refresh as well as falling RAM and SSD prices.
Are you sure about that? I am waiting for later in the year once full blown Maxwell GPUs are unleashed.

P.S. Am I the only one who thinks that the shield logo/design looks like a sports car badge? Not sure I really want my PC to look similar.
Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit)

Last edited by SchizoFrog; 15th Apr 2014 at 22:00.
SchizoFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Apr 2014, 21:53   #12
SchizoFrog
Ultramodder

SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Bit-Tech:

I have noticed over my last few posts that when I post, I get directed straight to the forum pages rather than staying within the article. Is this a change at your end or something funky going on at mine? It's rather annoying not being able to scroll up to the article to check a detail if needed.
Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit)
SchizoFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2014, 05:46   #13
toolio20
Modder

toolio20 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I particularly love how the front panel, power, SATA and audio connectors are scattered all about on the m-ITX board instead of being neatly consolidated...
toolio20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2014, 09:38   #14
jopers1986
Supermodder

jopers1986 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!jopers1986 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!jopers1986 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!jopers1986 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!jopers1986 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!jopers1986 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!jopers1986 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!jopers1986 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!jopers1986 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!jopers1986 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!jopers1986 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Is the release date for these still mid may? I have literally JUST bought the MSI Z87 gaming m-itx... ops! Possible should have waited, but not to fussed though, i'm not exactly and "enthusiast" and needed a new PC!
Any idea on costs of these?
A64 3200+ winnie at 2.4, gainward 7900gs 256mb, i gig of OCZ vx4000 Gold, lanparty RDX-200 crossfire mobo, 250 gig + 2x80 gig WD s-ata, tagan power 420w
lian li v1000 no longer watercooled, but silent on air
jopers1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2014, 10:44   #15
DarkFear
Supermodder

DarkFear has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
That ITX board does look pretty.

However, judging from that red RJ45 socket I assume their still using that KILLER NIC...thing on these boards?

Not really a fan of KILLER based on past experience... :/

Wonder if their using it "just because " or if INTEL charges more than KILLER for NICs?
DarkFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2014, 11:16   #16
AlienwareAndy
Banned

AlienwareAndy is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlienwareAndy is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlienwareAndy is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlienwareAndy is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlienwareAndy is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlienwareAndy is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlienwareAndy is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlienwareAndy is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlienwareAndy is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlienwareAndy is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlienwareAndy is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFear View Post
That ITX board does look pretty.

However, judging from that red RJ45 socket I assume their still using that KILLER NIC...thing on these boards?

Not really a fan of KILLER based on past experience... :/

Wonder if their using it "just because " or if INTEL charges more than KILLER for NICs?
They're doing it because Killer NIC is a gaming designed product. IE - a gaming network card. As poor as they may actually be IRL they will appeal to gamers.

I have one in my gaming rig and whilst I can't really say it improves anything I must admit I'm smitten by the software because it's just so easy to use.
AlienwareAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2014, 12:31   #17
JCBeastie
Supermodder

JCBeastie is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.JCBeastie is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.JCBeastie is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.JCBeastie is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.JCBeastie is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.JCBeastie is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.JCBeastie is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.JCBeastie is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.JCBeastie is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.JCBeastie is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.JCBeastie is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toolio20
I particularly love how the front panel, power, SATA and audio connectors are scattered all about on the m-ITX board instead of being neatly consolidated...
While I love MSI boards their ITX layouts are terrible... I hate the CPU socket so close to the PCI-E.
JCBeastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2014, 15:52   #18
Dave Lister
Hypermodder

Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Love the socket cover on the ITX board - "Install Processor Before Removing Cover" hmm I think thats beyond my skill set.
Main Rig:Case: BitFenix Prodigy, Motherboard: MSI Z97I Gaming, CPU: Intel i7 4790K, RAM: 16Gb 2400Mhz Kingston HyperX Beast GPU: XFX ATI 5870, Primary HDD: 256Gb Samsung 850 Pro, Games Drive: 1Tb Toshiba SSHD, Cooler: Corsair H105, OS: Win 7 - 64
HTPC:Case: Gutted out VCR, Motherboard: Asus AT5IONT-I, CPU: Intel Atom D525 @ 1.94Ghz, RAM: 4Gb 1333Mhz Kingston GPU: Nvidia Ion 2, Primary HDD: Hitachi 500Gb, Optical Drive: NEC ND-6500A Laptop Drive, OS: Win 8.1 32
Dave Lister is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
mini-itx, z97