1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News NZXT announces the Phantom 240 chassis

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 22 Apr 2014.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

I know it's part of the Phantom range but there's only so many times you can rehash a design with a few tweaks before it becomes a bit boring.

3. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

True, although after form factor the major deciding factor when buying a case is likely to be budget, so it makes sense to spread a range out across the main price points (budget midi, mid-range midi, mid-range full, high-end full etc.) so that most the manufacturer and its brand stay relevant to most if not all customers - NZXT now have the Phantom 240, 530, 630 and 820 to choose from, and none of them are really in competition with each other. From a design perspective it makes sense too, as it saves money to only have to tweak a design a little bit rather than starting from scratch every time.

4. jb0

jb0 Minimodder

It's rounded all over and... bulging out?
    BLECH.

I loved the appearance of the original Phantom. Aside from the mini version of the original, the follow-ups all fell kind of flat in my book(the lack of a second angle on the air intake and the air intake's triangle of black not continuing up the case hurt it's appearance in my book).

THIS? They're not just throwing the Phantom name on a random case, they're throwing it on a case that's running directly against almost every design cue the name is associated with.

5. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

Tags: Add Tags