bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 22nd Apr 2014, 20:05   #1
Dogbert666
I benchmark, therefore I am.
bit-tech Staff

Dogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
NZXT announces the Phantom 240 chassis

NZXT has announced the cheapest member of the Phantom range of cases, the Phantom 240.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...-240-chassis/1
Dogbert666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Apr 2014, 20:32   #2
noizdaemon666
I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

noizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I know it's part of the Phantom range but there's only so many times you can rehash a design with a few tweaks before it becomes a bit boring.

Corsair Graphite 230T ¦ Athlon X4 760K @ 4.8GHz ¦ ASRock A88X Extreme6+ ¦ Corsair H100 ¦ 8GB Patriot 1600 ¦ No SSD ¦ 250GB HDD ¦ MSI 6770 1GB @ 950/1200 ¦ OCZ 700W
noizdaemon666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Apr 2014, 22:22   #3
Dogbert666
I benchmark, therefore I am.
bit-tech Staff

Dogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
True, although after form factor the major deciding factor when buying a case is likely to be budget, so it makes sense to spread a range out across the main price points (budget midi, mid-range midi, mid-range full, high-end full etc.) so that most the manufacturer and its brand stay relevant to most if not all customers - NZXT now have the Phantom 240, 530, 630 and 820 to choose from, and none of them are really in competition with each other. From a design perspective it makes sense too, as it saves money to only have to tweak a design a little bit rather than starting from scratch every time.
Dogbert666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Apr 2014, 12:03   #4
jb0
Minimodder

jb0 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It's rounded all over and... bulging out?
BLECH.

I loved the appearance of the original Phantom. Aside from the mini version of the original, the follow-ups all fell kind of flat in my book(the lack of a second angle on the air intake and the air intake's triangle of black not continuing up the case hurt it's appearance in my book).

THIS? They're not just throwing the Phantom name on a random case, they're throwing it on a case that's running directly against almost every design cue the name is associated with.
jb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2014, 10:36   #5
[USRF]Obiwan
I *am* a Dremel

[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Not impressed, I like the new H440 more, you can put in 360 rads in there, and they took a bold move by removing external drive bays. (who needs them anyway nowadays)

http://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/1...mid-tower.html
In 1982 I was addicted to Lady Bug and played it in the local arcade (every day) And yes i'm proud I did that!
[USRF]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote