1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress FORMAL ATTIRE a parvum mini-itx build

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by TheViscountGodrich, 6 May 2014.

1. TheViscountGodrich

TheViscountGodrich Wannabe modder.

Hello every one!

I'm 14 and pretty new to the modding world. This is my first mod so i'm looking more for help and feed back then showing off. I hope you all enjoy though.:D

A couple of months ago I saw Parvum Systems mini-itx build and was very impressed. How ever there m-atx case is way more then I could possibly afford for a case. so I asked the lovely chaps down at parvum if they might have a mini-itx alternative, and they said that they were working on making a mini-itx case and if i was interested they could sell me a prototype in exchange for feedback. I said hell yes please.

Witch brings me to last Friday when a package from England showed up at my door.
    [​IMG]
    all the lovely panels.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Alu back plate
    [​IMG]
    Unfortunately parvum sent me the wrong white back piece. It was made for an earlier prototype of the case. As you can see its about an inch too short.
    [​IMG]
    I'm going to try to make a better mount for the ssd and hard drive. I would like to show it off more.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm really happy with this case and excited to see how this will go. As the name suggests I'm going for a classy look. The color scheme should be white with black trim, purple accents and coolant. I'm broke however so it might be a little while before I get the other hardware and water cooling gear. I can't decide weather to use bent acrylic tubing (witch might be cheaper?), straight tubing with fittings, or if i cant afford the above just plain flexible tubing and compression fittings.
    Please comment and give advice!:lol:

2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

It's so cute! :)

Good choice for your first mod. A good case which still allows you plenty of opportunity to impose your own style.

I'd consider bent acrylic (those fittings cost a bomb and quickly add up) or flexible tubing.

3. Aeidus

Aeidus What's a Dremel?

Love mini-ITX parvum cases, know a few people who has ITX prototypes from them now, maybe I should get in touch with them and try to get one

4. TheViscountGodrich

TheViscountGodrich Wannabe modder.

I know right? it fits just perfectly on my desk.

Thanks for the opinion.

Aeidus: If your gonna get on that band wagon you probably should hurry. I don't know how long they have until a retail version is ready.

sorry for the quality of the pictures they were all taken from my mothers iPad mini.