bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 15th May 2014, 10:19   #1
Combatus
Custom PC/bit-tech modding sections

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
ASUS Maximus VII Hero Review

Matt takes a look at the 165 ASUS Maximus VII Hero

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/mot...-hero-review/1
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?
Combatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2014, 10:48   #2
[USRF]Obiwan
I *am* a Dremel

[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Based on the reviews of all the 'Z-boards' I would go for the cheapest board with the features that suit my needs. The performance differences are unnoticeable at all or so close to each other you can only see the it on a graph.
In 1982 I was addicted to Lady Bug and played it in the local arcade (every day) And yes i'm proud I did that!
[USRF]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2014, 11:09   #3
David164v8
Supermodder

David164v8 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.David164v8 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.David164v8 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.David164v8 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.David164v8 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.David164v8 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.David164v8 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.David164v8 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.David164v8 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.David164v8 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.David164v8 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Could you include some impressions of the onboard sound? All the motherboard manufacturers are emphasising improved audio, and it would nice to see how they compare to each other, and dedicated soundcards.
David164v8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2014, 11:57   #4
daletur328
Minimodder

daletur328 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Speed test utilising SSD is great to compare against older boards, but as a major upgrade on the z97 platform it's M.2, why not include this in the review?
As an upgrade is in my near future, if its proven to be worth while, a new M.2 would be included.
daletur328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2014, 13:08   #5
SchizoFrog
Ultramodder

SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
ASUS used to stand head and shoulders above the rest in terms of quality and reliability which were often good reasons to justify paying more for an ASUS product. Over recent years other manufacturers have gained on them, especially MSI who seem to be able to match ASUS on these fronts while also matching of even beating them in terms of features and price. MSI did some Voodoo style magic with their M-ITX Z87 board which had excellent performance while being significantly cheaper and then there is MSI's current offer of free hardware such as the Corsair H75 with certain purchases while still undercutting ASUS's price in the first place.
Those totally loyal to ASUS will still likely stay with them but like many others, I will have to seriously consider a board from someone else this time around as ASUS just doesn't seem worth it right now.
Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit)
SchizoFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2014, 13:22   #6
[USRF]Obiwan
I *am* a Dremel

[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daletur328
Speed test utilising SSD is great to compare against older boards, but as a major upgrade on the z97 platform it's M.2, why not include this in the review?
As an upgrade is in my near future, if its proven to be worth while, a new M.2 would be included.
Totaly agree with you on this. Most new boards have this. so why not test it?
And also the improved onboard sound also mentioned above should be tested.

For example [H]ocp tested the sound capabilities, lan speed etc: http://www.hardocp.com/article/2013/...4#.U3SxH_l_t8E
In 1982 I was addicted to Lady Bug and played it in the local arcade (every day) And yes i'm proud I did that!
[USRF]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2014, 14:22   #7
xaser04
Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [USRF
Obiwan]
Quote:
Originally Posted by daletur328
Totaly agree with you on this. Most new boards have this. so why not test it?
And also the improved onboard sound also mentioned above should be tested.

For example [H]ocp tested the sound capabilities, lan speed etc: http://www.hardocp.com/article/2013/...4#.U3SxH_l_t8E
Perhaps a dedicated review focusing on the new SATA Express & M2 (across multiple boards) specifically would be the best solution? This way we get an idea of the real world advantages of the new technologies whilst also a base line for future motherboard reviews.
xaser04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2014, 14:30   #8
AlphaAngel
Hypermodder

AlphaAngel is definitely a rep cheat.AlphaAngel is definitely a rep cheat.AlphaAngel is definitely a rep cheat.AlphaAngel is definitely a rep cheat.AlphaAngel is definitely a rep cheat.AlphaAngel is definitely a rep cheat.AlphaAngel is definitely a rep cheat.AlphaAngel is definitely a rep cheat.AlphaAngel is definitely a rep cheat.AlphaAngel is definitely a rep cheat.AlphaAngel is definitely a rep cheat.
I second David164v8's request. I can't find info, subjective or objective, about this on any review.
Old 15th May 2014, 15:30   #9
Corky42
Mod Master

Corky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaAngel View Post
I second David164v8's request. I can't find info, subjective or objective, about this on any review.
Thirded (is that even a word ?)
There are some reviews with benchmarks of Z97 and M.2 here is one on Guru3D of the ASUS Z97-A and Z97 Deluxe using a Plextor M6 M2 SSD unit.
Corky42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2014, 17:30   #10
Combatus
Custom PC/bit-tech modding sections

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corky42 View Post
There are some reviews with benchmarks of Z97 and M.2 here is one on Guru3D of the ASUS Z97-A and Z97 Deluxe using a Plextor M6 M2 SSD unit.
Hi guys. We're aware this needs testing - we've been pretty busy looking at our test suits and gear since the change of ownership but we do plan on doing a feature on M.2, including it regularly in board tests, also including audio testing in board tests as well as refreshing many of our benchmarks. Bare with us on this for a little longer and we will deliver.
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?
Combatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2014, 17:41   #11
Cei
pew pew pew

Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Aww, no pictures of the LED lights in a case?
Cei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2014, 19:20   #12
rainbowbridge
Goes forever,OMG it's full of Stars

rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.
[QUOTE=Corky42]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaAngel View Post
QUOTE]

I think you say, I tursh-uary

Look on the internet shows,
"me three",

Between the lines I think its not a done thing to third it, you just say me too or me also.
Obutto r3volution - Obsidian 650D - i7 2600k@4.3Ghz - 1TB Samsung EVO - 16gb Ram - 3GB Asus GTX 780 Ti DirectCU II OC-1x Dell U2414H - 1x Asus PB287Q 4K -1x Oculus Dk2- Blu-ray - Razer BlackWidow Ultimate "BlueKeys" - Mionix Naos 8200 Mouse - Asus Xonar Phoebus Solo - Razer Tiamat 7.1 true- RS 180 - DT 770 PRO headphones+px350 piano - Focusrite 6i6 - SE2200a IIC - Warthog Hotas + Saitek Combat Pedals -
rainbowbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2014, 05:00   #13
mi1ez
Game Boy Modder

mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combatus
we've been pretty busy looking at our test suits and gear since the change of ownership
We never actually see you doing the testing so I shouldn't worry about rebranding your test suits...
Old 24th Aug 2014, 02:02   #14
leexgx
CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

leexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
good to see a review of this board as trying to work out the dif between the Hero and Ranger (well i could see the extra Sata ports) i probbery get the Hero

but beefed up power circuitry and LED lights (+2 extra SATA ports), i was more interested in the 7.1 sound output as looking at getting the Razr Real 7.1 gaming headset

all the other headsets is just down mixed Stereo the days of been able to use Stereo headset with an X-FI with levitation and direction seem to be gone on me now (think it really only worked correctly on XP) and the House does not like it when i have my 5.1 Surround system on (lots of gunfire and explosions sounds like a war going on)
i7-920 (4Ghz) <> Titian ferna <> Rampage extreme III<> GTX480 <> 6gb 3x2gb OCZ Gold 1600 <> SSD M225 256gb / segate .11 1.5TB <> X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty <> TK 1000w Toughpower <win7 x64> GreenFrog Computers Warrington
leexgx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Aug 2014, 10:47   #15
faugusztin
I *am* the guy with two left hands

faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I think this board is only for loyal ASUS fans. No offense to ASUS, but for pretty much the same price you can get ASRock Z97 Extreme9. Ultra M.2, M.2, PCI-E lanes beefed up with PLX chip (so it is quad x8 with all slots filled up), mPCIe, 2x SATA Express, dual Intel LAN. Sorry ASUS, but the ROG series came out as overpriced boards with lowend feature set this time.

Tags
asus, maximus vii, rog